FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Rumor Has It Part II

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Concerned Citizen View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Concerned Citizen Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Rumor Has It Part II
    Posted: Feb 01 2011 at 4:23pm
I have heard the Mr. Kohler has been seen packing up his office for the last few days. Can anyone confirm if there is truth to this rumor??
Vivian Moon View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivian Moon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 01 2011 at 4:28pm

Well I bet Mr. Kohler will just hate to leave that cozy little office with all that cherry wood furniture he purchased with CDBG funds.

VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 01 2011 at 4:46pm
Is he leaving the city .... or is he just changing offices within the city building....
spiderjohn View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiderjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 01 2011 at 6:31pm
I don't want to lose Marty.
I enjoy working with him, even though we disagree on many things.
All that is needed is the right person in charge.
Same with the city manager.
Hopefully he is just shifting due to the ED resignation.
Is Mr.R really coming back as a paid consultant?
I know that they skipped the formal meeting--did they have the early version?
rem 1187 View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rem 1187 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 01 2011 at 7:13pm
he could
rem 1187 View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rem 1187 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 01 2011 at 7:34pm
Sorry for first post, still learning the system. Is the city manager not the leader of this business everyone calls our city.Thought the charter deemed the city manager to run the day to day business. Its time to hold the city manager accountable for the enviroment that imo is waying down the morale of the employees that we all pay through our tax dollars. I believe and if i'm wrong please correct me but the ruling on the sign issue made it clear to me that the city was in the wrong but when the city manager and Kohler continued down a path to "band aid" the problem and make investors pay out of pocket for what seemed to be a pride issue it showed the true colors of those two people. We have enough so-called leaders they just don't know how to be leaders. IMO
acclaro View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acclaro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 01 2011 at 7:49pm
I agree that the city manager does provide leadership and city council DOES NOT interfere with day to day activities of city business---Larry Mulligan reiterates that quite often. I don't know enough Mr. Kohler, to know if he's made positive contriutions or negative. I do recall sj, he was supportive of the business tht was near yours that lasted about a month, the private club next to KMart.

As for Ms. Gilleland, then who is supposed to give her instructional manual? It is the city manager that leads, she DOE NOT take her orders from council. A bit confused on your support of Ms. G, she just needs guidance. From who, city council? Not their job as defined by the ordinances. 
jag123 View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jag123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 01 2011 at 8:32pm
CC:

I hear the same thing.. It could be just housecleaning but I know he fell from favor with the city mananger.Shocked
Mike_Presta View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 01 2011 at 9:35pm
Huh???  Kohler leaving?!?!
Oh, my heart, my beating heart! 
Be still my beating heart!!!
Tongue Big%20smile Clap Thumbs%20Up  Thumbs%20Up
“Mulligan said he ... doesn’t believe they necessarily make the return on investment necessary to keep funding them.” …The Middletown Journal, January 30, 2012
rem 1187 View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rem 1187 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 02 2011 at 10:19pm
Also you would have thought that during the screening process which I have been told several different groups of people(council,business owners ) would have followed up on her answers when dealing with motivation and productivity. Sorry to confuse private risk takers to goverment sector jobs. I'm a little stunned that some feel the"buck stops" with someone else. Like or dislike are these employees following their job description and more importantly whose following up with a yearly or in this case I feel a monthly review. This person came from a city managers position I believe. It just goes to show you what happens in a interview and is told to you isn't always going to pan out once they enter their position. The current climate of city hall ain't real good. The folks in the front office usually are spending the money not producing it or in this case making the most out of our tax dollars.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic