MIDDLETOWN CITY COUNCIL AGENDA
TUESDAY, August 16, 2011
I. BUSINESS MEETING – 5:30 p.m. – COUNCIL CHAMBERS – LOWER LEVEL
1. MOMENT OF MEDITATION/PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE TO THE FLAG
2. ROLL CALL
3. PRESENTATION: Group Workcamps- Jeffrey Diver
4. PRESENTATION: COMMUNITY ART CENTER DAYS- AUGUST 27, 2011
5. CITIZEN COMMENTS
6. CITY MANAGER REPORTS
• Set Trick or Treat – Monday, October 31, 2011 from 5:30 to 7 P.M.
• American Heart Association – Ray Meyer and Tom Brickey
7. CONSENT AGENDA. . . Matters listed under the Consent Agenda are considered to be routine and will be enacted by one motion and one vote of consent. There will be no separate discussion of these items. If discussion is desired, that item will be removed from the Consent Agenda and considered separately.
(a) Approve: City Council Meeting Minutes of August 2, 2011
(b) Receive and File Board/Commission Minutes:
Civil Service Commission- June 16, 2011
Tree Commission- July 20, 2011
Board of Zoning Appeals-August 3, 2011
(c) Accept and Award as Low Bid Tabulation: Approve a contract with National Water Services in an amount of $25,844 for cleaning Wells #11 and #12
(d) Approve Personnel Appointment: Bryan McNutt- Treatment Plant Operator
(e) Receive and File Oath of Office: Jessica Deppen
(f) Proclamation: Declaring August 27, 2011 as Community Art Centers Day
8. MOTION AGENDA:
(a) Sale of City owned 812 South Main Street (vacant lot).
9. COUNCIL COMMENTS
1. Ordinance No. O2011-32, an ordinance establishing a procedure for and authorizing a second amendment to a contract with SK Construction Co. for repair of an interceptor sewer and declaring an emergency.
2. Ordinance No. O2011-34, an ordinance establishing a procedure for and authorizing an amendment to a contract with Evans Landscaping for demolition and remediation of the Wrenn Papermill site and declaring an emergency.
3. Ordinance No. O2011-35, an ordinance enacting and adopting the 2010 supplement to the codified ordinances of the City of Middletown Ohio. (2nd Reading)
4. Resolution No. R2011-23, a resolution endorsing the United Way’s Bold Goals for our region initiative. (2nd Reading)
5. Resolution No. R2011-25, authorizing the City Manager to submit an application to the Ohio-Kentucky-Indiana Regional Council of Governments for the Urban Area Transportation Enhancement Program for the I-75/ SR122 interchange areas. ( 1st Reading)
6. Ordinance No. O2011-36, authorizing the City Manager to enter into a Local Project Authority (LPA) Agreement with the Ohio Department of Transportation for the reconstruction of a portion of Oxford State Road. ( 1st Reading)
III. EXECUTIVE SESSION
Under the authority of O.R.C. 121.22(G) (2) To consider the purchase of property for public purposes, or for the sale of property at competitive bidding, if premature disclosure of information would give an unfair competitive or bargaining advantage; and O.R.C. 121.22(G) (4) Preparing for, conducting, or reviewing negotiations or bargaining sessions with public employees concerning their compensation or other terms and conditions of their employment.