FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Air Show Events Canceled Due to Budget Cuts

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
admin View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote admin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Air Show Events Canceled Due to Budget Cuts
    Posted: May 01 2013 at 4:45pm

Dozens Of Air Show Events Canceled Due to Budget Cuts

Air shows draw thousands of people and generate millions of dollars for local economies. The military grounded its jet and demonstration teams because of automatic federal budget cuts this year, so many shows have been cancelled.

In the past years, the air shows biggest crowd drawers have been the military’s two elite jet teams, the U.S. Navy’s Blue Angels and the U.S. Air Force’s Thunderbirds. The military also had provided F-16, F-18 and F-22 fighter jets and the U.S. Army Parachute Team, the Golden Knights. All the teams were grounded As of April 1 all the teams were grounded to save money.

The cutbacks Affected more than 2/3 of the roughly 300 events held in the United States each year. John Cudahy president of the International Council of Air Shows predicted 15 percent to 20 percent of the shows won’t return next year, even if the military begins participating again.

“The worst case is that they either, cancel and go out of business, or they don’t cancel and they have such poor attendance and they go out of business,” he said.

See the full story here on: The Computer Rental Blog - Air Show Events Canceled Due to Budget Cuts

ktf1179 View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ktf1179 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2013 at 10:09am
This is truly sad, I am all for eliminating waste in Government. But the problem here is that the Federal Government is purposely cutting programs that will make it painful on the taxpayers until they get their way. This is no different when school districts pull busing to pass a levy. I think we should have a fund raiser to help pay for those acts to be at the Dayton Air Show. But chances are they will still turn down the money. I can't wait until we get another president, and some new senators & congressmen. 
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 03 2013 at 11:31am
Originally posted by ktf1179 ktf1179 wrote:

This is truly sad, I am all for eliminating waste in Government. But the problem here is that the Federal Government is purposely cutting programs that will make it painful on the taxpayers until they get their way. This is no different when school districts pull busing to pass a levy. I think we should have a fund raiser to help pay for those acts to be at the Dayton Air Show. But chances are they will still turn down the money. I can't wait until we get another president, and some new senators & congressmen. 

Have seen the sequester in place here at WPAFB. When I come into work at 5:30AM, the lights on the base that were on a month ago, were out right after the sequester announcement. Now, as the weeks roll by, I have noticed that the area has become "a little brighter" as more lights have been turned back on to light the roads and parking lots. YOUR Federal government might tell you they are conserving, but, perhaps, they are inching back to normal operations after all. From what I can see, real government money savings could be realized if YOUR government (along with YOUR state and city governments, school districts, private sector companies and employers in general) would just eliminate some of the middle, higher salaried managers who are nothing more than glorified up the food chain/down the food chain paper pushers and endless meeting attenders throughout their whole careers. I would imagine that if all of these employers would take a good hard look at what their middle managers do on a daily basis, they would be able to weed out some positions and still get the work to flow efficiently. None of these entities need to make it hard on people at all if they examined the efficiency of their operations a little closer. Don't need all these highly paid notetakers and meeting goers to gum things up. Yes, waste is alive and well in the fed ranks in the form of a bloated work population.....and making good money to boot. Changing the people won't solve anything. Changing the way they do things would. JMO
I'm so proud of my hometown and what it has become. Recall 'em all. Let's start over.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic