FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Blast Furnace Pizza Closing

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Blast Furnace Pizza Closing
    Posted: Dec 05 2018 at 6:05pm
Sad to read of the closing of Blast Furnace Pizza. Son and I tried their pizza for the first time a month or so ago. Thought it had a good taste and was quality food. Did write a review shortly afterwards indicating we noticed a lack of customers during our Saturday afternoon visit. Also mentioned the lack of downtown sidewalk foot traffic and a lot of downtown traffic passing through during that time as well.

The Journal article did mention that the space would not stay empty for long as there are replacement businesses that want to occupy the space. That would be good news for the downtown supporters.

Unfortunately, we need to add Blast Furnace Pizza to a growing list of business startups, then closings a short time later. Hopefully, someday, the downtown will have all stores occupied and those businesses will relate to people's interests and needs making them relevant and successful. I see that as a very long term goal when considering past activity.
I'm so proud of my hometown and what it has become. Recall 'em all. Let's start over.
spiderjohn View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiderjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 05 2018 at 6:41pm
Mrs.Selby Soap next?
redbengals View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redbengals Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 05 2018 at 7:50pm
Stay away from salmonella haven AKA Gracie's
Please excuse any grammar or spelling errors because I have better things to do and quite frankly do not care
spiderjohn View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiderjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 05 2018 at 8:13pm
Had good tacos there last night
buddhalite View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote buddhalite Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 05 2018 at 9:33pm
Sad to hear.  However, indicative only of more to come.

Hopefully the future occupants will fare better.

Let's just hope it's not another brewery/distillery/bar - that's a saturated market for sure.
"Every government intervention [in the marketplace] creates unintended consequences, which lead to calls for further government interventions." -Ludwig van Mises
Nelson Self View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nelson Self Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 05 2018 at 10:15pm
Spiderjohn and Viet Vet -

You both have known me for better than ten (10) years now and know that I would never make such a caustic comment about Gracie's Restaurant such as what Red Bengals posted earlier tonight.

Nelson
MattR View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MattR Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 05 2018 at 10:38pm
Gracie's is a great place. I have been there many times and enjoyed it. Blast Furnace was just okay. Pickleroni at The Slice is what you want.
redbengals View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote redbengals Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 05 2018 at 11:02pm
Finkle is Einhorn
Please excuse any grammar or spelling errors because I have better things to do and quite frankly do not care
middiemom View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote middiemom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 05 2018 at 11:23pm
See, Nelson? You are unbelievable. Attacking someone;s business slandering it and saying it has salmonella??? You have no idea what it takes to run a business. No idea. Keep working your taxpayer funded jobs. How anyone gets fired from a government job is beyond me. No wonder you are so bitter. Those who can....do. Those who can't.....work for the government. 

UNBELIEVABLE even for this site/ 
Middletown... Bright past BRIGHTER FUTURE!!!
middletownscouter View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote middletownscouter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 06 2018 at 8:03am
Very sad to see this place close.  Their pizza was pretty good, but their pizza steak hoagies were outstanding.  With Pizza Tower on Tytus also closed, the availability of a local pizza on that side of town is dwindling.  At least The Slice is still around.
There are two types of people: those that talk the talk and those that walk the walk. People who walk the walk sometimes talk the talk but most times they don't talk at all, 'cause they walkin.'
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 14 2019 at 7:55pm
The new pizza business that replaced Blast Furnace, Don's Pizza, is fantastic! My son and I just got back after trying Don's for the first time. We prefer Cassano's normally, but will concede Don's is right up there on the favorites list for us. Nice crowd on a Friday evening with the clientele favoring the 60's + age group with a spattering of younger people there too.

Saw former State Senator Scott Nein there with his wife and friends as well.

Enjoyable evening out and the downtown seemed to have some life about it.

If you want a nice sit-em-down meal and desire pizza in a nice atmosphere, I would suggest you try this pizza. You probably won't be disappointed. Price for a 15" deluxe with two drinks was around 25 bucks or so. Reasonable as prices go for dining out I believe.
I'm so proud of my hometown and what it has become. Recall 'em all. Let's start over.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic