FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Promoting Middletown A Passion For Mort

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Promoting Middletown A Passion For Mort
    Posted: Jul 26 2009 at 8:29pm
Yet another article in the Journal about Mort's accomplishments. Yes, she has done a nice job in the promotion of some entertainment venues in town, but good lord, give it a rest, Journal. Are we going for "sainthood" here? How many articles have mentioned the same accomplishments over and over again? One story is a repeat of the previous ones with no new slant on the subject. Slow news day with some filler perhaps?
spiderjohn View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiderjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 26 2009 at 9:15pm
The lady + everyone else involved did a SUPER job with trhe balloon show.
Smoothest operation I have ever seen, and large crowds of happy people.
Didn't anyone  else here attend?
If not, why?
She is a nice community-oriented lady and is entitled to think however she likes(just like everyone else).
John Beagle View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Beagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 26 2009 at 11:12pm
Kudos to Ann Mort! Great job promoting Middletown. Without Ann, there would be a huge void that would likely go unfilled.

Ann is a mover and shaker. We need more Ann Morts in Middletown.
John Beagle

Middletown USA

News of, for and by the people of Middletown, Ohio.
Vivian Moon View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivian Moon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 27 2009 at 5:56am

Bicentennial Commons has become the next ‘To-Do” item on Mort’s list of city projects, never far from her mind as a landmark that needs more attention. She often brings her grandchildren to the area to weed the gardens when she notices stray thistle growing.

Well I guess the parking lot area for the Bicentennial Commons is the next thing on the City's Wish List that will be granted.
2000+ View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 2000+ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 27 2009 at 10:42am
In reference to the "sound off" in Sunday's paper:

Few would say Mort does not do a lot in the community but I would have to agree with the question...How in the world could those numbers be so high? Plus or minus 80,000 people!? Friday night cancelled. Saturday morning maybe 1000 (a generous number - I was there.) Saturday's glow 10,000 maybe. All this on a record-breaking cold weekend?  Also the impact on the economy $50 per person?? There are lots of reasons why this is way too high!! I will be curious to see how much in $$$ was collected in gate receipts. If Mrs. Mort is using a public park to stage this event, how much was the city paid for the use of the site and who paid for the clean up?

Too many questions - too many quick calculations....
Hermes View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hermes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 27 2009 at 11:50am
80,000 at the balloon gala ? There was only 80,000 at the Dayton Airshow. I'll assume the reporter was confused with the events.

And why does Middletown have the balloon gala the same time as the Dayton Airshow ? Don't they know they might get more people to the balloon gala if it was on a different date than the airshow ? My family went to the airshow.
No more democrats no more republicans,vote Constitution Party !!
409 View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 409 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 30 2009 at 9:28am
Originally posted by spiderjohn spiderjohn wrote:

The lady + everyone else involved did a SUPER job with trhe balloon show.
Smoothest operation I have ever seen, and large crowds of happy people.
Didn't anyone  else here attend?
If not, why?
She is a nice community-oriented lady and is entitled to think however she likes(just like everyone else).

Spidey....Was there for all five launch attempts(includes Friday morning media launch). Worked with three of the balloons, including the Bees. The Lil' Bees pilots (Bob & Wayne) are great guys. Met them in Albuquerque a few years ago.
I posted a couple of months ago that I thought the new parking might hinder attendance. I was wrong. From what I could see from the launch side, attendance looked good. Particularly Saturday evening. Got some great pictures.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic