FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Not supporting the levy is not the Answer

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
John Beagle View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Beagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Not supporting the levy is not the Answer
    Posted: Oct 02 2007 at 3:10pm
Not supporting the levy is not the answer, it doesn't prove anything and it hurts our kids.

Local funding is needed until the states gets something passed. The earliest you can expect anything is 2020 according to Kati McNeil.

One thing is for sure, the renewal must pass or this school district is sunk.
John Beagle

Middletown USA

News of, for and by the people of Middletown, Ohio.
Pacman View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pacman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 02 2007 at 11:13pm
John I am pretty sure both levies will pass.  Price and the BOE hit the parents where it hurts, no busing and a shorter school day.  Problem is once it passes we will be back to business as usual and nothing will change.  Expect Admin to get hefty raises down the road and little if any changes.
spiderjohn View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiderjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 03 2007 at 4:05pm
I don't expect the added millage to pass, and the renewal is probably in jeopardy.

The contract renewal of Dr.Price by the lame duck school board was the ultimate slap in the face to many. No reason that action couldn't have waited until the newly elected board took over at the start of the year. This action was a final revenge of Venturella and McClure, and probably sealed Mrs.McNeil's election fate unfortunately.

I disagree with Mr.Beagle about the parents suffering into submission. Many of them feel burned by the actions immediately following the last voter mandate, and will not enthusiastically support the next round.

The pay to play sham was exposed, teachers have been returned left and right, and there have been no reductions in admin. Only the students and parents have paid the price.

There is no reason for anyone to change their vote, and I doubt as many "yes" voters will turn out, especially if the weather turns.

The school system admin is the most insulting,condescending group I have ever encountered, and if it takes ANOTHER voter mandate to bring them to their knees, then let it happen.

If the vote goes "NO" on both issues, expect Dr.Price to rip up that contract and bug out(if he can sell his home). Admin must be downsized, and perks/bennies the same. The teachers are not the problem here. We have un-reported in-school violence at alarming levels like never before. Discipline has all but disappeared, and anyone who can afford to send their children elsewhere is(or will be) doing so.

Time to stick it to these bullies once again. When we have a citizen responsive/friendly school board in operation, and one who controls admin instead of vice versa, then we can re-build the system.

If we have to start fresh, then so be it. The sooner the better.
Pacman View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pacman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 05 2007 at 1:03pm
Spider I would agree with you if the vote last time hadn't been so close.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic