FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Bomb Threat this morning?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
gemneye70 View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gemneye70 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Bomb Threat this morning?
    Posted: Sep 16 2009 at 12:50pm
Anyone know anymore about a possible bomb threat called in to the district today?  Apparently all of the schools were evacuated with the use of the fire alarms.
RealDeal View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RealDeal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 16 2009 at 5:40pm
I heard something at work about it. One of the ladies had her sister pick her daughter u[ at school.I think they need to trace the calls and find out who called and get ahold of them. Depending on what they have to say,they should be hauled off to jail and made to sit there for a year.

I know most threats are just that.But in today's society,you can never rule anything out.
Middletown has fallen!!
randy View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 16 2009 at 8:58pm
There indeed was a threat today all schools were evacuated for about 30min. while the searched the schools
Call me for a www.CameraSecurityNow.com quote 513-422-1907 x357
gemneye70 View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gemneye70 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 17 2009 at 8:17am
I think I saw that they traced the call to a pay phone over by UDF...I hope they find the person who did it and threaten to stick a bomb in his or her butt.
Bobbie View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bobbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 18 2009 at 7:35am
The kids were not out of their classes for 30 minutes it was more like 15 minutes.  What the schools did was wait till the hour notice the were given was almost over  to evacuate the children.  To search a building for a bomb you will need more the 15-30 minutes to do this.  As we know the majority of these cases are fraudulent, however what if it wasn't.  What if a kid had found it prior to the evacuation and it went off early.  What if it had gone off late when the students were back in the building.  These kids should have been sent to the offsite location that each school has immediately and the buildings should have been searched properly.  I feel the school took a gamble with our kids lives, we are just lucky that it turned out the way it did.
randy View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 18 2009 at 11:03am
Originally posted by Bobbie Bobbie wrote:

The kids were not out of their classes for 30 minutes it was more like 15 minutes.  What the schools did was wait till the hour notice the were given was almost over  to evacuate the children.  To search a building for a bomb you will need more the 15-30 minutes to do this.  As we know the majority of these cases are fraudulent, however what if it wasn't.  What if a kid had found it prior to the evacuation and it went off early.  What if it had gone off late when the students were back in the building.  These kids should have been sent to the offsite location that each school has immediately and the buildings should have been searched properly.  I feel the school took a gamble with our kids lives, we are just lucky that it turned out the way it did.
Bobbie, I was told from my neighbor who goes to Vail that she was out of class for about 30 min. I do believe that school should have been canceled for the day. Big risk on the part of the schools.
Call me for a www.CameraSecurityNow.com quote 513-422-1907 x357
TudorBrown View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TudorBrown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 18 2009 at 11:24am
I agree, should have been closed for the rest of the day.

MCS Admin are worthless...
Middletown News View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Middletown News Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 18 2009 at 11:57am
Scary thought, having a bomb threat be real with our kids back in class.

Who is running the show now that Dr. Price is gone? WWDPD do? What would Dr. Price Do?
Hermes View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hermes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 18 2009 at 12:06pm
The problem with bomb threat procedures is the fact that if classes are canceled for the day then anytime a student or students want a day off they could call in a threat.

It's probably rare that anyone gets caught doing these acts,I wonder if they couldn't be charged under the terrorist law and be sent to an unknown location. A bomb threat should fall under the same category as domestic terrorism.

Catch them and send them to Gitmo and they can pray to Allah.
No more democrats no more republicans,vote Constitution Party !!
Bobbie View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bobbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 18 2009 at 3:37pm
I agree that if they cancel - it just makes it easy to have a kid prank call.  However each school should have a system in place where the kids go in emergency - I know Verity does.  That is where the kids should have been directed too.  I know Creekview was not out very long at all. 

I think they need to way the risk involved.  Had this been a true emergency - they would have some serious problems.

If they send them to Gitmo they would just come back.
Hermes View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hermes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 18 2009 at 4:15pm
I do agree that a better procedure needs to be in place. If the kids were only out 15-20 minutes I seriously doubt that was really time enough to search for a bomb.

Bomb threats were unheard of when I was a kid in school. We had the occasional little punk who would pull the fire alarm and get us all outside.

"I did not pull that alarm"  Cool
No more democrats no more republicans,vote Constitution Party !!
RealDeal View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RealDeal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 18 2009 at 6:33pm
Well,apparently there isn't very good communication at the highschool. I have a little cousin that goes there.When I text his mom to let her know,she called my grandma.Well,my grandma called the highschool to get info about the whole thing.The lady she talked to at first she said she didn't hear anything about a bomb threat.I'm guessing either the lady asked someone higher up that was in the office if they heard anything or a higher up overheard the lady say something about it.So the person took the phone and asked who my grandma was.She told them she was the grandparent of one of the students and said she heard about it.That person told her that it is true that there was a bomb threat.

Now I don't know if the first person that my grandma talked to knew or if she thought she shouldn't say anything,or if she was told not to say anything.But either way,anybody that's answering calls at the highschool should be informed to give out that kind of information.

And yeah,this should be classified as an act of terrosism. It does cause panic and could even cause more to happen.
Middletown has fallen!!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic