FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Middletown Mayor Endorsements

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
John Beagle View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Beagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Middletown Mayor Endorsements
    Posted: Oct 29 2007 at 10:14am
Who do you like for Mayor of Middletown?

Fred Sennet
Nick Kidd
Paul Nagy
Merrel Wood
Larry Mulligan
John Beagle

Middletown USA

News of, for and by the people of Middletown, Ohio.
Bwood View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bwood Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 29 2007 at 10:34am
Larry Mulligan
Josh Van Cleave View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Josh Van Cleave Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 29 2007 at 10:48am
Larry Mulligan is a banker of 17 years and has the financial experience to help Middletown out of its fiscal crisis.
Bill Rogers View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Rogers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 29 2007 at 11:08am
I'm a Nick Kidd fan myself.
Tom Sawyer View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Sawyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 29 2007 at 11:08am
"Good ol' boy wannabe" Fred Sennet seems too nervous. Nagy seems like he didn't know the 'time' rules on his opening statement. He seemed a bit off the mark with his world view. Merrell Wood calls himself an 'activist', that interests me.

That leaves Kidd, Wood and Mulligan.
He had discovered a great law of human action, without knowing it--namely, that in order to make a man or a boy covet a thing, it is only necessary to make the thing difficult to attain.
Pacman View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pacman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 29 2007 at 2:34pm
Nagy never plays by the time rules even when he had 3 minutes in front of Council he always ran past his 3 minutes.  He is not a man of a few words.

I'll take Nagy eventhough I think Mulligan will get the nod, and we will be in for another 4 years of.....................................................................
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Sawyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 29 2007 at 3:05pm
Regarding Council:

Kidd would have difficulty with council. He probably couldn't get anything done.

Wood seeks cooperation with council and administration.

Mulligan,  business-like, professional but works 'out of town'. He might even be able to lead council, but will he be able to be here for the numerous events a mayor should attend?

Next:
My opinion on Kidd, Wood's and Mulligan's "Vision for Middletown."

He had discovered a great law of human action, without knowing it--namely, that in order to make a man or a boy covet a thing, it is only necessary to make the thing difficult to attain.
.308 View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .308 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 29 2007 at 4:41pm
I agree with Toms earlier view of the candidates so for me it will come down to Mulligan or Kidd.
Bissnis View Drop Down
Outsider
Outsider

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bissnis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 30 2007 at 10:53pm
I support Paul Nagy because he seems to be the only person with original ideas.   Lamp
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tom Sawyer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 30 2007 at 11:25pm
To make a pledge of any kind is to declare war against nature; for a pledge is a chain that is always clanking and reminding the wearer of it that he is not a free man.

I am not one of those who in expressing opinions confine themselves to the facts.
KIRKLAND View Drop Down
Outsider
Outsider

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KIRKLAND Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 31 2007 at 2:13pm
My vote is for Merrell Wood. He watches out for the little guy in Middletown over and over again and has been looking out for quite a number of years. I'm impressed with his ability to get things done even when city hall puts stumbling blocks in front of him.

John Beagle View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Beagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 31 2007 at 5:37pm
Kirkland, what would you say are the things Mr. Wood got done that you are most impressed with? Opening the pool backup because of his funding efforts or ....
John Beagle

Middletown USA

News of, for and by the people of Middletown, Ohio.
Bill Rogers View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Rogers Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 01 2007 at 10:42am
KIRKLAND is right, that's one thing you can definitely say about Merrell Wood. While all the candidates have plenty of things to say about the heavy political issues such as the upcoming levy, regionalization, and so on, Wood has been looking to improve the quality of life in Middletown in smaller ways for many years now. Habitat for Humanity, Sink or Swim, etc.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic