FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Can anyone help?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Blue Monkey View Drop Down
Outsider
Outsider

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blue Monkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Can anyone help?
    Posted: Nov 02 2009 at 3:50pm
I'm trying to find a picture of the Magic Middie Wizard. I cannot find a picture anywhere. Does anyone have one or know where to find one?
The Blue Monkey
Kitty Hawk Plaza
513-727-9566
Upper90 View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Upper90 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 02 2009 at 3:58pm
The guy walking around at games?
Outsider
Outsider

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blue Monkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 02 2009 at 4:06pm
Yes, the Middie Wizard.  Not the musle man... the wizard.
The Blue Monkey
Kitty Hawk Plaza
513-727-9566
Hermes View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hermes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 02 2009 at 6:34pm
No photos of "the wizard" exist. He is only seen at games, no one knows who he is or where he's from. You can't take pictures of "the wizard". LOL
Pacman View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pacman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 02 2009 at 7:09pm
You are right Hermes.  What is a Middie?  I came across a web site that talked about the most obscure School Mascots and A Middie was mentioned and no one had a clue what it was.  Definitely one of the head scratcher Mascots and school names around.
da120757 View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote da120757 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 02 2009 at 8:21pm
I have pictures of the Middie Wizard from back in 1993-1995 but will have to dig them out.
Outsider
Outsider

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blue Monkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 03 2009 at 12:56pm
We are making a special shirt/hoodie for the playofs at the Blue Monkey. The Wizard was an idea I had to be put on the shirts.... (hence the Middie Magic) I am a Middletown Graduate and I have never seen the Wizard on a shirt. i thought it would be cool to do one.

By the way.... the new shirts/hoodies will be on sale Thursday and Friday. These hoodies will sell fast. Stop in and check them out. We're located in Kitty Hawk Plaza.
The Blue Monkey
Kitty Hawk Plaza
513-727-9566
rngrmed View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rngrmed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 03 2009 at 3:12pm
The Middie is short for Midshipman.  Why a Midshipman in a landlocked town is a good question
sportsnut View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sportsnut Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 03 2009 at 4:07pm
The history of the name is based on a local newspaper reporter that coined the term as a shorter nickname for someone that is from Middletown. Opposed to say "Middletonian" he coined the term "Middie" and it stuck.
MadisonMom View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MadisonMom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 07 2009 at 9:58pm
Isn't that the Middie Wizard on the band trailer? Whoever did the trailer should have the artwork.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic