FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

SUPPORT CANDIDATES MOVE CITY FORWARD

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Gary Barge View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gary Barge Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: SUPPORT CANDIDATES MOVE CITY FORWARD
    Posted: Nov 05 2009 at 6:04pm

Folks, the election is over. It is time to support our newly elected officials and the citizens of Middletown need to start getting more involved. The very low voter turnout is a perfect example. Let's all buckle down, start going to the meetings and start asking the tough questions and I challenge all the voters of Middletown to start creating their own committees and discussion forums and them bring them to council and the staff of the city including the city manager. It is a new day in Middletown and there is strength in numbers and there will be more elections to come. I have noticed some people are speaking about me on this blog so I challenge all the bloggers -- let's get down to business and challenge our elected officials to do what is right for the whole city. thanks for everyones support.

Gary Barge
I'll be back!!!Smile
Bocephus View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bocephus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 05 2009 at 10:02pm
Clap
thoroughman View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thoroughman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 07 2009 at 10:02pm
We need to stand as a people and make our voice heard! This is our city, we must lead the direction of it. They do have to listen to the people!
Jesus move in our city like never before seen!
Vivian Moon View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivian Moon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 08 2009 at 5:09am

I agree we need to get together and start getting petitions ready to be signed for the next election. We must change the direction of the City.

thoroughman View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thoroughman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 08 2009 at 3:07pm
WE NEED TO GET THINGS BACK ON TRACK!
Jesus move in our city like never before seen!
accuro View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote accuro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 08 2009 at 6:51pm
Perhaps an appropriate starting point is getting the language which mandates the city allocate funds for road and infrastructure (my reason for not voting for Mr. Marconi as he did nothing in spite of the fact its been off the ordinance for nearly 20 years).

Pig
An ignorant person is one who doesn't know what you have just found out. - Will Rogers
Dooraghero View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dooraghero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 10 2009 at 6:50am
Indeed, we need to always question with boldness.  Our elected officials must come to the realization that they work for us and they must be held accountable.  It is time to wake-up, Middletown.  The lunatics have been running the asylum for far too long and like the enablers that we are, the citizens of this community have allowed it to happen.  Yes, we do need to attend city council meetings, we do need to keep our eyes and ears on the machinations of our local government.  If we cannot hold our local authorities accountable, how in the world could we ever expect to restrain our state and national governments?

Let us never again fall into the trap of ignoring what goes on in government under the false notion that, "Hey, as long as they don't bother me, what do I care?"  We are just now beginning to see the results of such thinking.  Ignorance is not bliss.  Our complacency in regards to government at all levels has enabled an oligarchy to rule rather than a representative body.  We must pay attention and we must re-emphasize that government officials work for us, not vice versa.  Ask city council, "Can you hears us now?"
Would you be willing to trade all the days from this day to that for one chance,just one chance to come back here and tell our enemies that they may take our lives but they'll never take our FREEDOM
spiderjohn View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiderjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 10 2009 at 9:19am

beautiful, hero

absolutely

where have you been?
Vivian Moon View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivian Moon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 10 2009 at 10:06am
Dooraghero
Great Post!
If we are going to change the direction of our City we need to get together and come up with a better plan ASAP.
taxed2death View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote taxed2death Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 10 2009 at 12:38pm
agree and I think it should start at the top and make people accountable for what they are doing or not doing! I think That the city really needs to look at why everything around Middletown is growing and we arent and why we have been passed by! I wish I had the answer to what to do but I have any idea of what has been done isn't working very well for this city. (sorry had to vent for a second )
I hope it gets better soon!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic