FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New format is most annoying

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Pacman View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pacman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New format is most annoying
    Posted: Nov 06 2009 at 10:20am
The most important part of the site is relegated to the bottom and..........give us back the old site. Angry
wasteful View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wasteful Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 06 2009 at 10:31am
I agree you can no longer just pull up a list of new posts and see who posted and read what you want.  You have to go back and forth to the Main page, very annoying to say the least.  Plus new format looks generic like every other site on the net and as far as the News being highlighted rather have the forum most of the news is a snoozer, in otherwords puts you to sleep.

409 View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 409 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 06 2009 at 10:35am
Agree.....I also have random posts in bold type that have already been read including some from yesterday!
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 06 2009 at 10:38am
Anyone having trouble logging on? I can get on by the quick method but get a box saying to reset the form (citing user name and logon info. as a problem) logging in at the top right. I have tried to log on as I always have but it won't accept it. Can you computer wizards direct me on how to fix this? Thanks in advance.

The box says "the form has not been submitted because there are problems with the form"?????? It then mentions the user name and login. It then has a choice- OK or Reset Form. Clicked on both . Doesn't help.
randy View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 06 2009 at 10:42am
I am sorry to hear that you dont like the new site, I am unclear as to what your complaint is Wasteful ? There is still a Recent Forum post area where you can see what topics have been  commented on most recently, directly under the picture on the main page.
Call me for a www.CameraSecurityNow.com quote 513-422-1907 x357
wasteful View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wasteful Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 06 2009 at 11:03am
Randy before you could click on recent posts and it took you to a page that listed the recent posts and who made them and you could read what you wanted, plus you had all of the forum headings listed on the left hand side with most recent posts listed for each heading and could easily navigate now you have just topics at the bottom and you have to go back and forth to the main page for all recent posts.  It is now more cumbersome to navigate.

Vet I had problems signing on several times.  Plus the News is not what you guys are known for, look how many comments most news stories get 0.

The old site was more user friendly, in my opinion.
adamwlewis View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adamwlewis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 06 2009 at 11:09am
Wasteful,

I have re-linked the "Recent Forum Posts" title to the active topics page.
Adam Lewis' Blog
justwatching View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote justwatching Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 06 2009 at 11:10am
wasteful, the page you are talking about is the "New Post" page and is linked in the upper right. Always has been.
wasteful View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wasteful Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 06 2009 at 11:18am
Justwatching you use to be able to access that page from the home page by clicking on the title Recent forum Posts above the list of recent catagories that had been posted to now you can not.   I prefer having it all on the home page as before, much easier to navigate.
adamwlewis View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adamwlewis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 06 2009 at 11:56am
Wasteful & Justwatching: I have made that link accessible from the home page once again.
Adam Lewis' Blog
Mike_Presta View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 06 2009 at 5:33pm
Adam:
The "stars" that indicate "unread" posts seem to be work sporadically, at best.
“Mulligan said he ... doesn’t believe they necessarily make the return on investment necessary to keep funding them.” …The Middletown Journal, January 30, 2012
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic