FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

What's going on?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
tomahawk35 View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tomahawk35 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: What's going on?
    Posted: Dec 10 2009 at 11:04pm
With this year coming to a end, I would have to say that this is the worst luck  that I have had so in reality I  don't have a dam thing to really complain about.
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tomahawk35 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 10 2009 at 11:01pm

Amen

Hermes View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hermes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 10 2009 at 9:27am
Maybe they just wanted the metal/aluminum so they could add it to their recycle load. I'm surprised they don't go around with a cutting torch and take fenders off cars.
No more democrats no more republicans,vote Constitution Party !!
Mike_Presta View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 10 2009 at 4:33am
Tomahawk:  Look at the bright side!  With the condition that most of our streets are in, it is amazing that your car managed to KEEP hub caps ON as long as it did!!! You're lucky that you have TWO left!! LOL LOL
“Mulligan said he ... doesn’t believe they necessarily make the return on investment necessary to keep funding them.” …The Middletown Journal, January 30, 2012
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tomahawk35 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 09 2009 at 11:02pm
Mike, not to beat a dead horse but I am astound as anyone why someone would steal two standard hubcaps especially in broad day lite at a busy Meijers on Sunday. I only can assume that maybe they wanted all four but got spooked. There is no one including a teenager that I know of that would have a grudge against me or my wife which makes me think that it was just a very stupid random thief and this is just how bad this world has come to. Last summer my daughter-in law was unloading groceries at her apartment complex in broad day lite and a young man pulled a pistol on her, luckly he got spooked and ran away without her getting phscially hurt.
These are just examples why I have a gun on my person when I walk my puppies at night in my yard and I think to myself how sad that I feel that I have to arm myself for such a common practice but I will protect my family and property to the best of my ability. God have mercy on their souls.
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 09 2009 at 1:09am
Enough about Adkins. Let's get back to the original question of the stolen hubcaps.

Tomahawk:  Were these some special, "add on" hub caps of some sort?  In this day and age, when most cars do not even use hub caps, I cannot understand anyone stealing TWO standard Toyota hubcaps.  Is there anyone who has a grudge against you?  Perhaps a teenager?  Maybe you should ask to view the security tapes.  Perhaps you will recognize the perp.
“Mulligan said he ... doesn’t believe they necessarily make the return on investment necessary to keep funding them.” …The Middletown Journal, January 30, 2012
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tomahawk35 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 08 2009 at 10:59pm
Doug, I think I have a good idea of police operation,I have a son in Wyoming on the force and my father (deceased) and 4 cousins have been involved either as police chief(newnan Ga.) special investigator(LaGrange Ga., Patrolman(Charleston .S.C). The whole point of my anger is the lack of customer service that I received which would be no different if I was treated in the same matter while purchasing a new car,clothing, or any other item. I will be 60 next year and there is no such thing as good customer service and that is truly a sad situation. I have nothing against the police force, matter of fact my next door neighbor is emplyed with the police force.and I wouldn't trade that freindship for a whole set of wheel covers.
stewieboy View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stewieboy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 08 2009 at 10:15pm

Some of you are taking Mr. Adkins posting out of context.  There is no doubt some in this forum act like vultures, putting a negative twist to anything city officials say or do.  There are a few here whose first reaction is to always blame the city first then ask questions later if at all.  I am sure his intend was to inform the original poster not to think too harsly of the police force, especially not to let his experience with one dispatcher tarnish his opinion of the whole police department. 

BTW the reason Mr. Adkins got a raise is because of him changing jobs from prosecutor to Community Rev. Directory.  These are two different job classes with different pay scales.  He cannot be the director and receive the prosecutors salary.
lrisner View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lrisner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 08 2009 at 9:55pm
Originally posted by VietVet VietVet wrote:

Spider- is this true that Mort wants this forum shut down and names disclosed?

If Ann want's my name as she has to do is look at my Profile. Not being anonymous keeps me in line.
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 08 2009 at 9:12pm
Originally posted by Doug Adkins Doug Adkins wrote:

Tomahawk - I don't get involved in this very often because any time a city official posts on here, the vultures attack.
 Mr. Adkins:
What else would  you expect???  Don't most of them act as if they are DEAD from the neck up???
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 08 2009 at 8:41pm
n vulture [ˈvaltʃə]
a type of large bird of prey feeding chiefly on dead bodies.

Well, if the shoe fits...wear it!!!  Big%20smile
spiderjohn View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiderjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 08 2009 at 5:07pm
Mr.Adkins--your blanket insult is already old news and water off of a duck's back.
Just remember it though.
Not the way we close the trust/information gap.
Please keep doing your job well, and the praise will follow accordingly.
Lighten up, dude!!
Smartman View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smartman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 08 2009 at 4:16pm
Thumbs%20Up Vet! Well said!!Clap
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 08 2009 at 12:58pm
Spider- is this true that Mort wants this forum shut down and names disclosed? When did she reveal that? If so, Mort needs to MIND HER OWN BUSINESS and take her attitude back to where she came from. Who does she think she is? Just a snotty outsider to me. Too big for her britches- again. She's like the nosy irritating family member that gets invited to the family Christmas gathering, but all other family members hope never shows up. She's a nobody to most, who must massage her ego by always dominating the scene. A sad individual.

Marconi calls us liars?- classic pot calling the kettle black. He's a councilman for cryin' out loud. Some are professional liars, especially in this town.

Adkins calls us vultures?- I assume, by the comparison, he means that we prey on the stupidity of our city leaders through the comments we make. Someone has to observe, judge and comment on the way they are ruining this town. Does Adkins actually think that we all should accept what they do? Is he that out of touch? If so, he's just one in a long line of officials who underestimate the public's intelligence. JMO on all.

Glad we're irritating them.
Doug Adkins View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doug Adkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 08 2009 at 12:30pm

The only intent of my comment was "walk a mile in their shoes" before you pass judgment completely.  that's all... no secret meanings.  no insults. 

Hermes - respect goes both ways.  Over the past months I've been called a nazi and other names that have nothing to do with the issue or policy at hand.   Again...that's why I don't hardly ever bother to post.  I have never made a single posting here that didn't come under immediate attack from multiple bloggers. 
Doug Adkins
Community Revitalization Director
Hermes View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hermes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 08 2009 at 10:10am
Vultures ? Vultures ??!! I resemble that remark !! Pinch

As a tax payer & resident of this town I find that Mr Adkins is completely and totally out of line here. Now if his comment was made in jest that can be overlooked, but if it wasn't and as a city office holder I find his comment disgusting. I think perhaps it could be construed as to the mentality of all in city hall towards it's supporters and it's residents. When a city employee makes remarks in this forum they should be aware that the remark made reflects on the entire staff of city hall as well as our elected officials. Why they (city officials & elected representatives) act surprised when they recieve no support and disrespect on this forum board after making certain comments shows me that their intentions are not in the best interest of this cities residents.
No more democrats no more republicans,vote Constitution Party !!
admin View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote admin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 08 2009 at 9:32am
Originally posted by wasteful wasteful wrote:

Not MiddletownUSA admin the city's Admin, but corrected my expert tyoing ability or lack there of......LOL

Just giving you a hard time ;-)
wasteful View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wasteful Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 08 2009 at 9:28am
Not MiddletownUSA admin the city's Admin, but corrected my expert tyoing ability or lack there of......LOL
spiderjohn View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiderjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 08 2009 at 9:24am
Wow--Mr.Adkins calls us vultures.
Mr.Marconi calls us liars.
Others want this forum shut down, or full names used(why?)

Pretty hypocritical imo.

Congratulations MUSA--your forum is gaining popularity and is obviously working very well.
Come on regulars--turn up the heat!
admin View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote admin Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 08 2009 at 8:54am
Originally posted by wasteful wasteful wrote:

now we have Admins and his "vultures" comments. 
I said nothing about "vultures"...
justwatching View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote justwatching Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 08 2009 at 8:53am
Doug,

Thanks for posting. Always like getting a city official on here. Sorry, there are some vultures (I hope I'm not one of them....), but we all really do value your input.

I understand police are busy putting their lives on the line, and I truly respect that; however, how long does it take for an officer to take an over the phone report? A couple minutes from my experience. If they were in at the station already, what kind of emergency call would they be dealing with?

Not to mention, this wasn't at night from the sound of the story to me, sounds like it was just over the weekend.
wasteful View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wasteful Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 08 2009 at 8:50am
Originally posted by Doug Adkins Doug Adkins wrote:

Tomahawk - I don't get involved in this very often because any time a city official posts on here, the vultures attack.  

It is so nice to see how city employees think of the residents who may not agree with them,  Marconi labels forum members liars and now we have Adkins and his "vultures" comments.   And to think he gets a raise for this opinion of the people that foot the bill.....unfortunate to say the least.
Doug Adkins View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Doug Adkins Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 08 2009 at 8:35am

Tomahawk - I don't get involved in this very often because any time a city official posts on here, the vultures attack.   However, if you really want to understand the operations of the police department, ask to ride for one evening or an overnight shift with a Middletown Police officer.  They go from emergency to emergency almost non-stop on most nights.  It's not that your problem is unimportant, its just that they often went from one domestic violence call to a car accident with injuries to a reported robbery or other emergency.  I'm not excusing poor customer service if it happened, but come see the whole picture before you write off the work of the police department.  They put their lives on the line daily.  You can draw your own opinion after seeing what they do every day....

Doug Adkins
Community Revitalization Director
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote tomahawk35 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 07 2009 at 10:52pm
Update, I understand about petty but the point is the way I was precieved as a waste of their time. I did call back this morning and spoke to a nice lady which she said they should at least took a report.. My wife called our insurance co. and they said it was covered under comprehensive and told us to get a price from Toyota   and have it  faxed over to them and they would cut us a check for our loss without a deductible and it wouldn't raise our rates. This did turn out good for us but I assure everyone that it won't be forgotten come begging time for a levy.
justwatching View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote justwatching Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 07 2009 at 9:57pm
Regrettibly, I agree with Pacman and Hermes. Some crimes are just too petty for the police to do anything.

However, it is the police's job to take reports and handle them appropriately. The response received by Tomahawk is unacceptable and I would be very upset too. The should have been sympathetic and more helpful, even if "helpful" didn't really do anything to help him but just took his report.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic