Middletown Ohio

Find us on
 Google+ and Facebook

Home | Yearly News Archive | Advertisers | Blog | Contact Us
Thursday, March 28, 2024
FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Longtime Middletown businessman, humanitarian That
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Longtime Middletown businessman, humanitarian That

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
TudorBrown View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TudorBrown Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Longtime Middletown businessman, humanitarian That
    Posted: Jan 29 2010 at 10:17am

Longtime Middletown businessman, humanitarian Thatcher dies

By Kevin S. Aldridge Updated 10:03 AM Friday, January 29, 2010

MIDDLETOWN - Longtime businessman, entreprenuer and humanitarian Perry Thatcher died Thursday, Jan. 28, at his home in Middletown after a short battle with pancreatic cancer, according to his assistant Judy Bober. He was 79.

Bober said Thatcher "died peacefully" surrounded by his family at about 9:45 p.m.

"They wanted to get him home and they did," Bober said.

Thatcher was diagnosed with pancreatic cancer in late November and had been receiving treatments ever since. The disease reached a critical stage earlier this week, but even then, Bober said, Thatcher's spirit remained positive.

"I know his soul was ready," Bober said.

Sad day for Middletown...

VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 29 2010 at 1:16pm
Sorry to hear of Mr. Thatcher's passing. Didn't know him personally, but knew his daughter who lived in our old neighborhood. Didn't always agree with him but admired his interest in downtown Middletown.

My sympathy goes out to you, Sheree.
Smartman View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smartman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 29 2010 at 4:03pm
I have known Perry my entire life. This is truly a sad day for Middletown. Prayers to the family.
Bill View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 29 2010 at 6:40pm
not many had his enthusiasm and optimism for Middletown.  I hope this doesn't spell the end for the Manchester Inn.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic