FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Remembering Perry Thatcher

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
randy View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Remembering Perry Thatcher
    Posted: Feb 02 2010 at 9:37am
I never meet Mr. Thatcher myself, but I have heard nothing but good things about the man. My thoughts and payers go out to his family. I spoke to Vice Mayor Scott-Jones about Mr. Thatcher and she sent an email that I would like to share with you.

I met Mr. Thatcher almost ten years ago-the year I move to Middletown.  Our friendship grew over the years and he would always ask me to call him Perry but being from the South, I would always call him Mr. Thatcher.  When I was talking with people about whether I should run for city council, Mr. Thatcher was truly only less than a handful of people who encouraged me to run.  You never know when someone's life will end and I am glad that I was able to MC a program in his honor at the Manchester.  I believe in giving people their flowers while they live.  Mr. Thatcher cared about people and this city. "Many different roads lead to glory" (words from a song written by Gladys Knight).  Perry Thatcher traveled his own road, left his mark and although his light has been extinguished, he will live on in those who knew him, cared about him, and loved him as a human being.
Anita

I also spoke to the director of the Middletown Airport who had this to say:

Perry was a great man. He was a person who loved this town and did everything he could to make it a better place to live. From the swimming pool to fireworks to everything else, he put his money where his mouth was and I would say where his heart was. He did this without making a big deal about it and bringing attention to himself. He did most things behind the scenes. We need more people like Perry. Even though Perry was on council and did much work for the city government, he realized the city government cannot do everything needed to make this a good city to live in. The city government is needed for things like water, police, fire, roads, parks, etc. The quality of life comes not from the city government but, from the people who live and work here. Not one of us can single handedly fix this city. It is up to us, the citizens, to take a small part of the city and make it good. We do not need Perry's financial means for this task, we just need his spirit to get the job done. If everyone did this, it would not take long to make it a better place to live and raise our families. Perry taught me many of these wonderful ideals and I plan to further them and make my small part of the city a good one. I know that many in Middletown have been touched by Perry. My wife and I are just two of them. We will miss him very much and the city will miss him greatly. What a joyful man Perry was.

If you have any stories or memories about Mr. Thatcher we would love to hear them.

Call me for a www.CameraSecurityNow.com quote 513-422-1907 x357
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic