FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Spamming the Boards

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Pacman View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pacman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Spamming the Boards
    Posted: May 05 2010 at 6:55am
Does Middletownusa.com have no policy against spamming the boards as SAWAN has been doing for two days now?    All you are doing is allowing him to dilute any conversations with comments that are nonsense to get his little ads viewed and giving him links for google to raise his website standing on google.
wasteful View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wasteful Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2010 at 5:11am
I have to agree, 3 days of spamming these boards and diluting the messages is enough for me.  I am outta here until old SAWAN hits the road and moves on to the next board he wants to spam and can get away with it on.  His posts make no sense in pertaining to Middletown.Thumbs%20Down
Hermes View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hermes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2010 at 7:40am
I agree with you guys, who is this character ?

Nothing he says makes sense or pertains to any topics.
No more democrats no more republicans,vote Constitution Party !!
Pacman View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pacman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2010 at 8:06am
He is just spamming the boards to get his sites out there, those sites listed at the bottom of each of his posts.  I see he has added a new one today Computer Repair.  Many boards have a policy against this, if your posts don't pertain to the topic at hand, but evidently MiddletownUSA.com does not.
Pacman View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pacman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2010 at 8:22am
He is an IM'er, Internet Marketer.  If you check his domains he is pushing, one is register in the UK, one is Australia and the IOWA one is registered with a Proxy service through GoDaddy to hide who owns it.  The Iowa one has a half-ass contact address in India, probably fake.  He is just posting nonsense to get his sites at the bottom of his posts links for search engine position.  In the mean time if you are trying to follow a conversation on here using just "recent posts" as I do, he is forcing topics off the "recent posts" list and flooding it with his nonsense.

The only box I have on MiddletownUSA.com is "Recent Posts" as it loads faster and I get less problems when loading the page, so with old SAWAN here posting away it pretty much makes "recent posts" useless.
adamwlewis View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adamwlewis Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2010 at 10:24am
Pacman & Wasteful:

I've removed all of SAWAN's posts and his account. We've been awfully busy lately and haven't been on the site reading all the posts. In the future if you have any problems, please just email us at: info@middletownusa.com

Thanks.
Adam Lewis' Blog
spiderjohn View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiderjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2010 at 10:27am
my email address is now spamming everyonewith whom I have ever had email contact.
Something about buying an Apple laptop from some linked site.
In no way did I originate this email or know anything about it until I started getting nasty responses.
So--if you get an email with the header "re:Hey!", you should probably delete it.
I believe that this started today a.m.
Could this be related to this sawan character, and could he have acquied actual email addresses from this site?

just trying to figure where this mess originated.
John Beagle View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Beagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2010 at 10:43am
Too bad the idiot doesn't know about our nofollow policy on rookie posters. The search engines will never give him credit for placing a link here. lol

Looks like I have to kick some Xponex butt around here, spammers are like terrorists and we have a zero tolerance for both.

John Beagle

Middletown USA

News of, for and by the people of Middletown, Ohio.
Middletown News View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Middletown News Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2010 at 11:09am
Hey, I just got back from vacation, you can't blame me. But I will re-double my efforts to fight spam crime.
randy View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2010 at 12:33pm
We have been busy guys, spammers dont get past us very often. sometimes their sneaky. so just let us know when it happens.
Call me for a www.CameraSecurityNow.com quote 513-422-1907 x357
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2010 at 12:38pm
John-Adam- would info. on this site pertaining to the Bengals be considered spam? If so, can we stop randall sue and Hermes from posting this stuff which also "gums up the works"   
randy View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2010 at 12:45pm

Thats it!!! From this day forward all post made by Vet will be subject to being deleted. Big%20smile

Hermes View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hermes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2010 at 1:08pm
Ah gees...I just have to hang my head. Vet is off his meds again or he took the WRONG meds. Shocked LOL

Bengals spam...uh you might be onto something Vet, "Bengal Spam" just like Mom use to make !!

Actually kind of catchey. LOL
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2010 at 2:09pm
That's right Hermes- you might equate the quality of Spam (to clarify-the food variety, not the computer stuff) to the quality of the way the Bengals play. Agree Randy Leroy?
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2010 at 8:50am
Looks like we have another spammer. Soleadd13 is joining sawan to gum up the works.
Pacman View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pacman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2010 at 9:46am
Yeah old Soleadd13 has been a busy boy he has hit about 450+ forums in the last few days with his golfing ads.  Now don't go off the deep end JW.
Hermes View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hermes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2010 at 10:02am
I think soleadd13 is sawan.

Funny how this type of trash is usually always generated in India or some foreign country.

Must be all those peope do over there is sit around spamming.

Vet - picture a can of spam in the Bengals orange & black, Ocho Cinco's picture on the can. Now we just need a slogan. LOL
Pacman View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pacman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2010 at 10:26am
Here you go Vet your own Bengal fan extermination kit:

Marianne View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marianne Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2010 at 12:26pm
You guys are aware that you're responding to an internet bot, which is essentially a computer program, right? In other words, there's no sawan, etc. who is going to read your replies.

VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2010 at 1:10pm
No, I didn't know that Marianne. Really didn't know exactly how this spamming thing worked to be honest with you. So, we could potentially be responding to a computer program? Interesting. Wonder who tells the computer to select MUSA to start the program that provides the spammming gibberish? How does that all work? Randy Jean- it's all your fault for allowing this to happen! John....Adam......just as Randy Lou makes his recommendations about computer services, I would like to "recommend" that Randall Jane receive severe discipline for this infraction. Perhaps making him wear a Steelers hat when he covers the next council meeting.
Pacman View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pacman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2010 at 1:51pm
Yeah some people use bots or hire these tasks out to foreign workers in usually India or the Philippines is the country of choice right now.  Software like Bookmark Demon, Forum Poster Pro, etc.  Some of the newer software can even read and enter the Captcha words, like the Journal uses, to prevent bots from posting.  I don't think anyone is expecting old Sawan, whomever he/she is to show up and demand what happen to their posts. LOL  
Mike_Presta View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2010 at 3:35pm
Perhaps an "IGNORE this poster" button is in order?
“Mulligan said he ... doesn’t believe they necessarily make the return on investment necessary to keep funding them.” …The Middletown Journal, January 30, 2012
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2010 at 5:21pm
pac- Is there an aerosol spray to eliminate the team? The fans are an innocent bystander in all this. They simply don't know any better and may be incapable of appreciating a talented team.   

Mike- while we're creating an ignore button for some of the spam posters, could we get one of those "Ignore" buttons for any Bengal info on this site? Would elevate the quality of the site, right?
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2010 at 7:42am
Guess we can add mor lis to the list too.
randy View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 10 2010 at 10:54am

Everyone the member  soleadd13 has been deleted from the form. When some one joins the forum there is now real way to tell if their a spammer till they make a post. We do our best to stay up on the new members but it is not easy.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
  Share Topic