FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Is it 2012 yet....

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
wasteful View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wasteful Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Is it 2012 yet....
    Posted: May 25 2010 at 1:53pm
Is it 2012 yet....the Country can't take much more of these two.....Obama and Biden what a duo, one can't speak without a TelePrompter the other needs one constantly. 

Biden Says Brussels Could Be 'Capital of the Free World'

It's not unheard of for Vice President Biden to get lost in the moment, but during a speech earlier this month to the European Parliament his flattery of the host may have gone a bit overboard, ceding Washington, D.C.'s role as the world's center of liberty. 

The U.S. vice president, opening his address in Belgium, argued that Brussels -- considering its rich history and abundance of international institutions -- could well be the "capital of the free world." 

He suggested that Washington, D.C., his home, is undeserving of that title -- notwithstanding its wealth of global organizations and the countless international summits that take place there. 

"As you probably know, some American politicians and American journalists refer to Washington, D.C. as the 'capital of the free world,'" Biden said. "But it seems to me that in this great city, which boasts 1,000 years of history and which serves as the capital of Belgium, the home of the European Union, and the headquarters for NATO, this city has its own legitimate claim to that title." 

Biden's trip to Europe in early May came in the immediate aftermath of the attempted Times Square bombing and his comings and goings were not widely reported. The above comment was made during his May 6 address to the European Parliament. 

Biden used the speech to discuss tackling the threats of nuclear proliferation, climate change and international terrorism and stress the importance of the United States' alliance with Europe. 

"We need each other more now than we have ever," Biden said. 

Biden said he was "particularly honored" to address the body, "as a lawmaker for more than 36 years in our parliament."

Bill View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2010 at 9:03pm
if that was Vice President Cheney he would be wearing his black cape and hood and be talking about all the threats in the world and the need to attack them before they attack us, how Europe owes us allegiance for saving them in the "Big One", and how scared we should all be.....
wasteful View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wasteful Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 25 2010 at 9:44pm
You Libs anything to dodge the issue.  50 Years from now you will still blame Cheney and Bush for what every President does between now and then except for the good things.  Of course Obama hasn't done anything yet but dig us deeper wholes financially and on the worldwide stage he has run around apologizing for everything under the sun.  Like I said 2012 can't come soon enough and hopefully 2010 we can put the brakes on ClownObama's Clownsocial engineering and his idea of re-distribution of wealth by bankrupting the country with his Nanny state philosophy.

rngrmed View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rngrmed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2010 at 9:18am
haven't been to Brussels, but I did hear Marion Barry is back in the political circle in DC.  Sounds like an ideal representative... The Republicans aren't any better for this Country than the Democrats. 
 As far as I know, Biden hasn't shot anyone in the face yet..
wasteful View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wasteful Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2010 at 11:13am
Barry is a Dem, Barry is a Buffoon but they keep electing him....not sure I get your point there.  I shot my brother with a BB gun in the ass when I was a kid....gee I guess I am cursed for life now.....not sure I see your point with Cheney on that one either.  Gee Biden hasn't had 4 to 5 heart attacks.....another black mark on Cheney.   What any of this has to do with VP, RNG you got me.

Personally I like Strong leaders and that is not to say I agree with them all of the time.  But I don't believe the leader of the free world and his sidekick should be going around the world Kowtowing to thugs and dictators and apologizing left and right and bowing to these thugs.

VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2010 at 11:38am
Hey....wonder how 'ole Marion Berry is nowadays??? Ahh, the good old days when he was mayor of DC. The hotel room scene with the drugs and the prostitute. He went to jail for awhile, didn't he? Why would any party want him associated with them with his background? He can't possibly help anyone in politics with his reputation, can he? Mercy! You're right rngrmed. Both parties are contributing to the destruction of the country. Probably a good bet that they will never work together as it appears to be popular to oppose any idea from the opposition for if they do, the one party may get an advantage over the other in their little pissi-- match. And, we the people, are caught right in the middle as the victim of poor representation and the Washington games. They're all worthless to the people. JMO
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2010 at 11:45am
wasteful- on the other hand, it is a custom of courtesy to bow when in Japan. I have greeted TRADITIONAL Japanese people and as you shake hands, you see that they tend to bow and you return the favor. The younger, more "westernized" Japanese people don't do the bowing thing as much I noticed.

Don't know about the Saudi Arabian people and their customs. I would imagine they have a custom of bowing also but am not sure of this.

Doesn't necessarily mean that you are kissing their a-- does it? Just a sign of courtesy, right?
rngrmed View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rngrmed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 26 2010 at 2:44pm
Wasteful, you're comparing shooting your cousin in the ass with a bb gun as a kid to shooting a man with birdshot in the face? And both men are educated? The victim needed emergency surgery? Seems like the same thing...I remember being taught in the military when you go to another country respect their customs/culture. I didn't realize the Prime Minister of Japan is considered a thug. Maybe the President would have been better off to vomit on him like his predecessor..  I agree that King Saud is man of questionable character, but a bow is no different than a hand shake.  I'm sure the President was briefed on the proper greeting. 
Marion Barry is a tool and should be banned from all politics.  He is a complete embarrassment. 
The way some of these politicians flip flop parties to stay in thier positon/office should be a sign of their self interests as well. 
I did see where the DoD budget is being cosidered for a big cut to allow for the first 35k of one's earned income to be tax free..
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic