FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Grand Ave Tracks

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Vivian Moon View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivian Moon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Grand Ave Tracks
    Posted: Sep 16 2010 at 10:48am
    At the last council meeting the city discussed the closing of the Grand Ave entrance from University Blvd. and in return the city would receive funds from CSX….however….I did not hear of any traffic study regarding the amount of traffic using this crossing.
    Since I can see this crossing from my front porch I will tell you that the trucks from Cohen Bros use this as the second exit from this business. At times the trucks are 4 deep on University waiting to turn onto
Woodlawn Ave and can’t because only three trucks can get in line on Woodlawn for the weigh in station at Cohen’s. Because of this truck jam on Woodlawn the trucks go around the block and exit at Grand Ave. With the closing of Grand Ave you will have a truck jam on both lanes on Woodlawn and to add to this problem the red light is set to a short amount of time where only 2 trucks can exit onto University at a time. This will become a traffic nightmare in the future.
    CSX said they would give about $250,000 if they closed
Grand Ave. I believe the city needs to use this money to install double arms on all crossings within city limits so the trains will not need to blow their horns within city limits.
    The City also need to send a letter to CSX and request a clean up of the dump that is located between Cohen Bros and the rear of Diver’s that I have requested for the past 5 years to be cleaned up. CSX can also pay for the new east side fence at the cemetery that their trees have damaged because they have not been removed from the fence line for years.

MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivian Moon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 16 2010 at 11:20am

CSX trees growing into and through the East Side fence line at the Middletown Cemetery and the mountain of CSX junk on the other. We cleared the cemetery side of this fence it is the responsibility of the City to get the other side of this mess cleaned up.

MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivian Moon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 18 2011 at 8:30pm

OOOPS….When Mr. Duritsch presented his budget tonight I believe it included an expenditure of $25,000 for the Grand Avenue crossing to be closed.

Well Mr. Duritsch that is not what you said at the council meeting last September so you can remove that item from your budget.

In fact some of the funds that you are going to receive from CSX need to be used to clean up the CSX property dump and cut down the trees in the fence line between
Cohen Bros and First Ave. since it can be seen by everyone that drives down University Blvd. This is the same property that I have requested to be cleaned up for the past 7 years.
Do we want to clean up this City or not?

MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivian Moon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 20 2015 at 4:20pm

I noticed this morning that the barriers are up at Grand Ave and on University for the future closure of Grand Ave as per their plan from 2010. 
I will tell you now that Woodlawn Ave at the Cohen entrance will become a nightmare with all their trucks using Woodlawn as an entrance and exit for all the Cohen large scrap trucks blocking this street in both directions.

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic