Middletown Ohio

Find us on
 Google+ and Facebook

Home | Yearly News Archive | Advertisers | Blog | Contact Us
Thursday, April 18, 2024
FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Judge orders 'don't ask, don't tell' injunction
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Judge orders 'don't ask, don't tell' injunction

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bocephus View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bocephus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Judge orders 'don't ask, don't tell' injunction
    Posted: Oct 12 2010 at 3:49pm
This is just an example of what is to come,this lunatic judge can just change the policies of this Country without due justice on issues like this just think what else a judge with an agenda could "rule" on if they so chose.This is completely out of whack.And I am not even talking about the gays in the military issue.

RIVERSIDE, Calif. – A federal judge has issued a worldwide injunction stopping enforcement of the "don't ask, don't tell" policy, ending the military's 17-year-old ban on openly gay troops.

U.S. District Judge Virginia Phillips' landmark ruling Tuesday was widely cheered by gay rights organizations that credited her with getting accomplished what President Obama and Washington politics could not.

U.S. Department of Justice attorneys have 60 days to appeal. Legal experts say the department is under no legal obligation to do so and could let Phillips' ruling stand.

Phillips declared the law unconstitutional after a two-week trial in federal court in Riverside. The case was brought about by the pro-gay Log Cabin Republicans.

THIS IS A BREAKING NEWS UPDATE. Check back soon for further information. AP's earlier story is below.

RIVERSIDE, Calif. (AP) — A federal judge has issued a nationwide injunction stopping enforcement of the "don't ask, don't tell" policy, ending the military's 17-year-old ban on openly gay troops.

U.S. District Judge Virginia Phillips' landmark ruling Tuesday was widely cheered by gay rights organizations that credited her with getting accomplished what President Obama and Washington politics could not.

U.S. Department of Justice attorneys have 60 days to appeal. Legal experts say they are under no legal obligation to do so and they could let Phillips' ruling stand.

Phillips declared the law unconstitutional after a two-week trial in federal court in Riverside. The case was brought about by the pro-gay Log Cabin Republicans.

Hermes View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hermes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 12 2010 at 4:25pm
This will be appealed and over-ruled. This judge is an idiot ! She has done this no doubt for the publicity or show of force. She apperently is probably gay herself or has connections somehow to the gay community,it is California after all.
No more democrats no more republicans,vote Constitution Party !!
TANGO View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TANGO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 13 2010 at 5:31pm
Go Hermes
Hermes View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hermes Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 13 2010 at 5:52pm
Originally posted by TANGO TANGO wrote:

Go Hermes

LOL  LOL  LOL

I'll take this opportunity to come out of the closet myself since the topic seems to be sexually oriented,even though my wife says don't ask don't tell but ya'll know me I can't keep my mouth shut about anything. So here goes.......I'm straight !! I grew up that way,my parents were straight and I think my wife is straight.
No more democrats no more republicans,vote Constitution Party !!
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic