FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Collective bargaining laws up for discussion

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Bill View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 07 2010 at 9:31pm
As I suspected, council was stunned and intimidated by the large turnout.  It would have been nice if just one on council used his time to ask why the h*ll they should kow tow to a bunch out of towners.

And then one of the union speakers saying "work with us, work with the state labor relations board, let's sit down and work together".  Yeah, this is the same canard we hear from the teachers' union.  Translation:  let's talk about anything and everything but reducing our pay.

The mere fact that these union soldiers march in lockstep in defense of their system tells me all I need to know -- that it needs to be changed.
Bocephus View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bocephus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 07 2010 at 9:51pm
Maybe someone should post on here what the union fat cats get paid and what their  union dues are used for.I wonder if most of the union members even know how their money is being spent hmm.

VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 08 2010 at 7:02am
Irisner says "That is when the mind is used to decide an issue without any thought of how the answer may or may not effect the thinker".
WHAT the he-- does that mean? Poppin' the gums jibberish.

Irisner further states "You, my friend , have neither(logic nor principal I assume). you are a purely self centered person who cares nothing for reason and considers the impact on you first and foremost regardless of the overall impact".

Where in the he-- did you get that from my post? What triggered that? I asked some questions to learn from the union mentality on how their raises and benefits were handled.

You forget that with public union people, the "employer" is the city and the city is a non-money making entity financed solely through taxes-SUPPLIED BY THE TAXPAYER- In reality, you union people who work for the city have as an employer- "we the people" and "we the people" don't want you union people breaking the bank with your demands in negotiations with the city. Why do the union people get so defensive when asked to contribute to the misery of a poor economy? We in the private sector have taken layoffs, been asked to take less pay if not layed off, been asked to pay more toward our benefits, seen our employer's retirement contribution reduced, or have gotten no raise for years just to keep a job. Hell, I've been downsized three times since 1994. Why are these out-of-towners, who have no business even being involved with Middletown's business here raising hell with council? They need to stay up in Dayton and mind their own business. I'm sure Dayton has more than enough problems for them to complain about to keep them busy. Who brought these clowns here?

Guests View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 08 2010 at 8:54am
In this economy, I cam emphatically indicate I know some of the top people in sales, marketing, strategy, hr, you name it, in private companies being in a position at the top F100 companies, to be laid off.

Why isn't someone organizing the offense to put these clowns in their place and take back the city. Bitching on this site has accomplished nothing but maybe make a few feel better for a few days, but not one thing has changed.

Only have to look at Bill Becker to see how the system work- unqualified for city manager, but to raise his retirement, Nancy Nix, and the rest of council put him in the manager's seat he had no ualifications to be. He then moves to Warren Cty after being not chosen for a Butler Cty job he was not qualified.

What you'll aren't getting is people look around from other cities, and just say, why the hell move to Middletown. They overload their school system and public servant folks with fat, provide limited or no services, and have taxes rammed down the voters throats one election after another.

This is a worthless effort. No organization, no effort, just a bitch season. They round up out of towners singing the union points, and a handful act pissed. Why has Smith not been removed from office? Pretty sure he was showing support for his union buddies, not the citizens who voted him in office.

Pul the plug on this. Its not even on life support. Like callingin Frazier and complaining, but all words, no action. You'll were run over by a train called union heading for the station.  
Bill View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 08 2010 at 9:35am
Why does everyone think the Citizen Comment portion is the be all and end all?  I'm not sure how it works, and maybe it can't be done this way, but it would be nice if council could read a selected number of emails or letters and not just have in-person comments.  Of course, the devil is in the details.
lrisner View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lrisner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 10 2010 at 10:17pm
I apologize Viet Vet, I meant to link my response to someone else's post. A fat finger thing.

Even self less geniuses like me make mistakes.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
  Share Topic