FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

"I Am the Law"

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
Author
LMAO View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LMAO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 10 2011 at 10:39pm
You say leave the "MAN" alone?Who are you talking about.? He is no man,he seem's to be degrading women every chance he gets.One of these days he is going to say the wrong thing to a woman and get the holly shi* smacked out of him.Wait I forgot,one already has.Again,do us a favor,resign and take your drinking buddy with you.Smile
Vivian Moon View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivian Moon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 11 2011 at 2:39am

Spider
I miss Tom Rapp and his wonderful conversations with council.

I keep hearing all these stories about city officials acting out in local pubs so I think maybe we need to tell them all to STAY OUT OF THE BARS

Mike_Presta View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 11 2011 at 5:00am
Rob M.:
Welcome to MiddletownUSA and to the local political discourse!!!  I'm glad to see that you tried to do the right thing by sticking around to tell Middletown's finest what you witnessed, and for having the character to discern between what you "saw" and what you just "thought you saw", and then returning to make it perfectly clear right here on line where you first posted!!!  

BRAVO on both counts, my man!!! Thumbs%20Up Thumbs%20Up
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 11 2011 at 6:52am
I'm sure , by now, "ole Tom would have mellowed and settled down a bit.....yeah right!!!! Could just see him now, standing at that podium, looking at all of them eye to eye and letting them have it....sparing no feelings.....right in their faces. Then, watching council (especially Mayor Mulligan who dislikes conflict and harsh talk)with that washed out, incredulous look on their faces, feeling very uncomfortable and not having a clue how to respond. Great entertainment! His approach was a "Mike Presta on steroids" when he addressed council.
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 11 2011 at 6:59am
Lawman. Lawman.

The Lawman came with the sun.
There was a job to be done.
And so they sent for the badge and the gun
Of the Lawman.

And as he silently roved,
Where evil violently ploved
They knew he'd live or he'd die by the code
Of the Lawman.

The man who rides all alone
And all that he'll ever own,
Is just a badge and a gun and he's known
As the Lawman.

Lyrics from an old TV show I watched as a kid back in the 50's-60's on the Saturday morning western show line-up.

Here's to you AJ!
Guests View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 11 2011 at 4:11pm

AJ Call of meeting tonight didnt want to face the musicThumbs%20Down

midres View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote midres Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 11 2011 at 4:18pm
The snow came at a very opportune time for AJ, didn't it???!!???
409 View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 409 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 11 2011 at 5:12pm
From the MJ:

Councilman’s forum canceled due to weather

By Jessica Heffner, Staff Writer 1:29 PM Tuesday, January 11, 2011

MIDDLETOWN — The first of a new monthly forum created by Councilman A.J. Smith has been canceled due to weather.

The councilman said he canceled the District Dialogue event, scheduled to be held today, Jan. 11 at 6 p.m., due to the snow. Wink

This forum was to be the first of a monthly series Smith created to foster dialogue between the city and its residents.

The next District Dialogue forum will be held Feb. 8 from 6-7:30 p.m. at the Robert “Sonny” Hill, Jr. Community Center, 800 Lafayette Ave. Middletown.

Amazingly, the city schools were open today.
Guests View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident
Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Guests Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 11 2011 at 6:30pm
A few council meeting meetings ago, A.J. asked for extra security from the PD because he was afraid someone was out to get him.  This guy is full of it to think that he expects special treatment.  This was right after his previous run in with the law.
randy View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote randy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 11 2011 at 6:36pm

I am always sad when I see a post made on MUSA that has the serious potential to bring people together and demand a change in our city and force a change in our leadership go off topic, or turn to arguing between posters.

I look at this situation with Smith and Robinette as a chance to ask those other elected officials and city staff to hold people accountable for their actions. I have gone back and forth on whether to ask for people to be fired or ask for a person to resign. I do believe that there are some PUBLIC apologies that need to be made.

People can come on here and talk about leaving someone alone and it is a personal issue all they want (but at the end of the dayJ) these people represent us, the citizens of Middletown.

I say at the very least we are owed a PUBLIC apology. I also expect and hope to see people at the next meeting asking for it.   

Call me for a www.CameraSecurityNow.com quote 513-422-1907 x357
gemneye70 View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote gemneye70 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 13 2011 at 10:58am
Studies have been done which show that wen people are put into positions of power, or where they are perceived to have power, they tend to start seeing themselves as being above the law.  My guess is this is what we are seeing here...espeically since he is so young and probably very immature.  Very unfortunate for all of us, but especially for some young man or women who may be looking to run later...they will be judged by his stupid actions.
LMAO View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LMAO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 13 2011 at 11:52am
LMAO View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LMAO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 13 2011 at 3:33pm
middletownscouter View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote middletownscouter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 13 2011 at 5:27pm
Originally posted by 409 409 wrote:

Amazingly, the city schools were open today.

True, Middletown City Schools were open that day while all other area districts closed, but the school district did cancel all evening activities that evening, as did many other organizations for that evening.

Was not wanting to face the music a factor for cancelling the event? Entirely possible. However, the poor weather was enough for most other events in Middletown to be cancelled that evening (along with the Level 1 Snow Emergency status in effect for Butler County at the time), including MCSD events.
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 14 2011 at 6:50am
Today's Journal....

"Councilman apologizes for incident that led to police call"

Not good enough this time. You did this the last time with the fight incident. Screw up once, shame on you. Screw up twice, shame on us for not asking you to vacate the council seat. There should not be a third time.

"Re-emphasizing the incident was a misunderstanding, Smith said he never meant for his actions to negatively impact the city." But it did AJ, and it's not the first time you have been involved in a disturbance that has not helped this city in your capacity as a councilperson. Oh, this isn't a "misunderstanding". It was a choice you made as to conduct in public and you chose wrong grasshopper. You are smart enough to have been aware of what you were doing. Being obnoxious to people in public was a choice you made while you were drinking. If you can't handle the booze, and you act inappropriately, you pay the piper. You left the parking lot with an open container and out of control. It was your choice. Pay the piper.

“I would like to apologize to the community for any negativity that this has brought out and any negative reflection on the city and myself,” Smith said. “It is something we will get past, and I will continue to work for the city of Middletown.” It is too late. We shouldn't have to "get past it again". A cheap statement made by politicians to lessen the impact of your actions. It's bullpucky AJ. You have had your chances to straighten up. You failed to do so. We will ask for your resignation in the near future. The city needs someone to occupy that seat who will conduct city business with the proper behavior. Like Laura Williams, you have become a loose cannon on the ship's deck and that is dangerous in rough seas. Your actions have destroyed your credibility in the eyes of the citizens and with that, you can't function in your capacity as a councilperson any longer.

If you do survive this, you have two strikes on you. You know as well as we do, you probably won't survive strike three. Think about your actions in the role of a public official before you do things like this. You are high visability.(and have turned out to be high liability) Anything you do in your private life and as a public figure is amplified and scrutinized.

Talking Heads View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Talking Heads Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 14 2011 at 7:19am
Smooth apology in the Journal article from Mr. Smith regarding not paying for his $2.50 Heineken. Nice picture, though.  No apology or admission from Mr. Smith for his disrespectful and disgusting comment toward the waitress or for speeding off with the beer.  Now he's talking about threats - asking for police protection again?  And, how does this Councilman contribute to our community financially to help pay for that police protection or his council position fee? Does he pay income tax from a hired position or property tax like most of us? If so, we should know. 

No apology or admission from Mr. R in the second article, boasting his achievements, for his appalling behavior toward the woman at the restaurant. - Again, smoke and mirrors to avoid the ugly issue.

All political - protecting and enabling the government machine.
bumper View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bumper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 14 2011 at 8:13am
oooo boy that apology from the new town drunk council person is such a crock of sh@t its real hard for me to call this guy a MAN for his actions  show  different.. he will drive and drink again, he will cont. to show abuse  toward women,  he could have crashed and killed someone's kid, mother, father, sister, brother when he left out of there acting like a crazed drunken fool !!! AJ you so need to be thrown out!! and you so need to seek professional help DR Phil for you mental problems.. 
John Beagle View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Beagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 14 2011 at 8:21am
To apologize is to admit guilt. Guilty people lose public jobs.

I'm not calling for AJ to lose his job, but it would not surprise me if council voted him 'off the island.'

Too bad because I've always thought well of AJ. I had seen him at Applebys an earlier time. He remembered me and called my by name. He was involved with this website and we like to think MUSA and the posters had an impact on his and others elections. We might be on opposite ends of the political spectrum, but personally, I like the guy.

I would like to see AJ get on here, but unfortunately it would be in his best interest. It would be best for him to keep quiet and ride out the storm. After all there have been politicians who did much worse and stayed within the public sector.
John Beagle

Middletown USA

News of, for and by the people of Middletown, Ohio.
bumper View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bumper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 14 2011 at 9:35am
Smartman View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smartman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 14 2011 at 10:10am
You are right john to apologize is to admit guilt. For AJ, everytime you screw up and then say you are sorry, does not smooth things over. You were elected to represent people, not see yourself on TV, or be featured in the newspaper whether its good or bad. You need to resign immediately before you are called out in public and really malke an ass of yourself. Many people from this community frequent Applebee's on a regulas basis and know the waiters and waitresses personally. For you to make the statement you did to those folks is an insult to the people you represent. Do us all a fovor and resign and JUST GO AWAY!!
bumper View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bumper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 14 2011 at 3:43pm
some might say this would be some good advice... http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lbOtyWTRZ_g
LMAO View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LMAO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 15 2011 at 10:17pm
Smartman he wont go away as we all wish he would.he will go back out in public and be a ass once again.
I think its a crock of crap when he says someone is texting him.Its not hard to find out who the number belongs to.He has to make up a story so he can have his follower's fill sorry for him.I hope like hell the girl at Applebee's file charges against him and the out going Mr.Robinette.Smile
vannestmom View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote vannestmom Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 19 2011 at 1:53pm
Originally posted by Smartman Smartman wrote:

Randy,,IMO I bet it was Steve Hightower! AJ is his mouthpiece. Regardless AJ needs to go.  He is a disgrace to the city and we do not need a city leader acting like this. Better yet, when is the next council meeting? I will go and personally ask for his resignation!
Nice showing Smartman i was real worried when you got up to speak....oh waitLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOLLOL
"think before you judge"
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 07 2011 at 6:44am
It has worked out well for AJ. We, and the community saw it printed in the Journal and we all talked about his little indiscretion with the altercation with his sister and the infamous "fight" and court appearance that ensued. We saw the infamous "beer" episode at Applebees printed in the Journal and we and the community talked about it while Robinette sailed off into the sunset. AJ gave a belated apology in a council meeting. He "laid low" for awhile and now........he is slipping back into the good graces of the community and the people of this town. A good move on AJ's part. He stayed back and let the newer events happening in the city overshadow his negative actions until they have all been forgotten about. A standard method for an officeholder in letting future event distractions help the public forget past actions by city officials. Perhaps we should "revisit" some of the things that have happened in the recent past, that have been left unresolved, and "remind" the "offenders" that we haven't forgotten.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 234
  Share Topic