FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Mercy, not Combs.....Again.....

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mercy, not Combs.....Again.....
    Posted: May 11 2011 at 7:01am
Today's Journal....

State rep. seeks return to county commission
Hamilton Republican Courtney Combs decides to drop his candidacy to replace state Sen. Gary Cates.

HAMILTON — State Rep. Courtney Combs has stepped out of one fray and into another.

The Hamilton Republican announced Tuesday that he plans a return to the Butler County Commission.......

Good Lord! Furmon, Dixon, Jolivette, Combs, Carpenter......all recycled, over and over again, playing "musical chairs" with the Butler County Republican political scene. Not only do we keep getting the same party in power in this county, but that party seems to like to recycle the same old "tired do-nothing for the entire county" faces. Never gonna get better, no new ideas, no dynamic/innovative thinking, no change, if the clowns in Hamilton keep giving us the same old "tired dog" thinking, the same old habit of placing certain areas of the county on a pedestal while ignoring other areas.......c'mon Republican party, at least give us some fresh faces to look at. Retire tired old dogs like Furmon, Combs, Jolivette and Dixon and get some new, young blood in here. Weed out the career, do-nothing old geezers and get some people in here that want to do something new and progressive for the ENTIRE COUNTY.
TonyB View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonyB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2011 at 8:33am
Vet - did you actually think that the Butler Co. Republican Party could do anything else? They've spent years getting name recognition for these folks, they gotta keep them in the public eye. Since the GOP own Butler Co, they can do pretty much as they please here. Besides, you think that a Republican could even SAY the word "progressive"?
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2011 at 10:07am
Tony....sooner or later, simply by the old adage of out with the old, in with the new, these old worn out recycled tires will be replaced. The Butler County Repubs, if they are smart, should start grooming the younger people and run them in lesser office races. If they wait too long, they won't have anyone in the pipeline with experience in fleecing, bullshi-----, and ignoring the general populace to take over after the old dogs start kicking the bucket or retiring to their country club lifestyle. Again, need new blood/fresh faces here in Butler County, regardless of party affiliation. The old guard ain't cuttin' it anymore. I suggest putting 'em out to pasture as soon as possible.
Mike_Presta View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 11 2011 at 8:56pm
Vet:
I absolutely agree, and I am on the Butler County Republican Central Committee.

Even from that semi-inside position, I can't see a way to change things.  I have proposed the formation of a "Tea Party caucus" within the Central Committee to a couple of people to give like-minded members more voice, but so far it hasn't gained traction.  I am just as frustrated as you are.
“Mulligan said he ... doesn’t believe they necessarily make the return on investment necessary to keep funding them.” …The Middletown Journal, January 30, 2012
TonyB View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonyB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2011 at 8:19am
Mr. P,

Are there any new Republicans in Butler Co who could run against these entrenched senior members of the party? It's not as if any Republican in this area could lose an election, it's more a matter of new leadership.

This is why I'm of the opinion that BOTH parties need to be voted out. Party structure dictates who runs and whether they'll garner the support from the party necessary to win a general election. Ideas seem to have very little to do with this process; particularly ideas that in any way go against the party line.With both parties so entrenched in their own dogma and unwilling to compromise, governing continues on the "teeter-totter" principle: up and down but no real change. Without a wake-up call from the electorate, this will continue to the detriment of our nation. Short of voting them all out, I don't see a solution under the present two-party structure.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic