FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Where Pacman Has Been.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Pacman View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pacman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Where Pacman Has Been.
    Posted: Jun 28 2011 at 11:19pm
For those of you that are interested, for the last 6 months I have been recovering from a heart attack.

On January 5 of this year I had a heart attack at home and I was found by my wife when she came home from work and taken to the hospital. In the ER I went into Cardiac Arrest and died 4 times. After the 2nd time my heart stopped my wife was told they didn't expect me to live. They told my wife these were life ending measures(whatever that means). Our Pasture was called and prayed with my wife & son for me. Once they finally had me stabilized I was moved to the ICU where my heart stopped again. After being revived, I went into renal failure, was placed on dialysis and remained on life support for 3 days.

On January 25th I had open heart surgery with a triple bypass. After the surgery I was on the ventilator and had to be placed in a medical induced comma for two weeks.

In mid February I was moved to rehab unit at Atrium. Not so much for the Heart attack and surgery but due to the fact that I am now blind.

I lost my sight while in Cardiac arrest due to a lack of oxygen according to the doctors.

In mid March I was sent home and I have spent the last three months trying to learn how to not walk into walls.

I have just had software for the blind installed in my computer. It has a learning curve so bare with me, if there are any mistakes in my posts.

I would like to thank Mike Presta for coming to see me a number of times while I was in the hospital.

Pacman
Vivian Moon View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivian Moon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 29 2011 at 4:10am
Wow Pacman
Our prayers and best wshes are with you during your recovery.
spiderjohn View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiderjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 29 2011 at 5:53am
Best 2 u my friend
Miss our discussions

In case you haven't noticed, we have solved all of the city's dilemmas, and all is beautiful.

As Wavy Gravy said at Woodstock:
"We must be in heaven, man!"
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 29 2011 at 7:12am
God Bless you Pac. Kinda know what your wife went through when told you might not make it. Was told the same thing in the ER when my wife had her stroke.

If there is anything I (we) can do, let us know. If your wife needs help doing anything, let us know. There are some good, decent folks on this forum. Just type your request.

My wife and I will pray for you and to your full recovery. Just as we have been hoping for a miracle for her to walk again and gain full mental capacity, we will hope for a miracle that you may see again. Sometimes, when the doctors have told you they have done all they can for you, it is the only option. Keep hope alive. Miracles have happened before!
John Beagle View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Beagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 29 2011 at 11:07am
Pacman, thanks for post that info. We were all worried that we hadn't heard from you in quite awhile.

Amazing that you can post on here with your special software. I am glad to hear from you, wish you better health and look forward to reading your posts.

John Beagle

Middletown USA

News of, for and by the people of Middletown, Ohio.
Middletown News View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Middletown News Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 29 2011 at 3:05pm
Amazing to hear from you Pacman. Ain't technology great! Stay in touch and take care.
409 View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 409 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 29 2011 at 4:07pm
Welcome back Pac!
Good to hear from you....
PattiGal View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote PattiGal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 30 2011 at 11:00pm
God bless.
"Because nice matters..."
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic