FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Obama Blames

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Wots View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Obama Blames
    Posted: Aug 09 2011 at 5:55pm
Goggle those two words together and see what comes up.
How's that change thing doing for you now?
When will the obummer accept responsibility?
Page 1 of about 690,000 is what I got...................................
Wots
Liberalism: Moochers Electing Looters to Steal from Producers.
LMAO View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LMAO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 09 2011 at 6:07pm
Not saying that OBAMA hasnt done his fair share in mistakes,but dont anyone else see that he inherited some screw ups? We the people are just as bad as the ones that are in Washington,blaming one party more then the other.There is enough blame to share.LOL
I really didnt get involved in the political stuff until are "SPINLESS ONES" voted to allow sunchoke to be built.Are "SPINELESS ONES" talk about the kids are the future.The way I see it,the kids and the residents of AMANDA dont have a fighting chance.Drive up to Furnace City and you will see what Im talking about.I liked Ms Scott Jones at one time,but lost all respect for her when she voted "YAY" for SUNCHOKE.Angry
Wots View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 09 2011 at 8:26pm
There is way to much blame to go around.
I would have to agree that obummer inherited a lot.  I would have a lot more respect for the man if he would stop blaming everyone else. A good part of this belongs to him.
When obummer was first elected I had to go out to California. To all my in laws I apologized for the fact that he was elected. When they asked me why, I responded that now the whole world will see what Chicago politics is all about, He has not be let down, yet.
How can the kids be a good part of the future with the subpar education they get now days?
So, is this the kind of change anyone envisioned?
Wots
Liberalism: Moochers Electing Looters to Steal from Producers.
Bocephus View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bocephus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 10 2011 at 5:29am
Yeap Obama inherited a lot but we got the sh*t end of the deal we now have him for President and he now has added a few screw ups of his own to the mess.
Voleye View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Voleye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 10 2011 at 7:00am
Yes Obama inherited a lot.  He has done nothing to improve it.  His stimulus has fallen flat. He added more and more debt with the health care package that I cant find anyone that really wanted it.  I dont think its all Bush's fault either.  Clinton signed into law the NAFTA (North American Free Trade Act).  Ross Perot said with in 15 years there will be no more manufacturing jobs left in the US.  Looks like he was right.  Its not going to get any better untill people start purchasing things made in the US. 

The only promise Obama has made good on was health care and it mortgages our future growth with tons of cost.  He has not pulled out of either war,  In fact he has started in Libya now and soon Yeman. But its not his fault.
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 10 2011 at 7:06am
When George Bush Jr. was in office, I certainly joined alot of people in taking pot shots at him. Was embarrassed to call him a fellow baby boomer and a representative of my generation. Still feel that way about the man. I think he's a silver spoon failure. Obama has his issues too. The man has alot wrong with his thinking just like Bush. Not so sure it would have been any better if McCain and Palin were in there either. Didn't see anything dynamic coming from them either. Just think "we the people" don't have anyone, in either party, that can deliver on what all of us really need for this country. Don't think either party wants to provide "we the people" with decent honest representation. And, I don't think a third party would survive the beast that is Washington. Too corrupt, too many lobbyists and politicians with special agendas designed to screw the American people and too engrained in boys club backslapping for too many years to bust up. We keep putting garbage in place to do the country's business because there is no other choices. Where do we start to break up the crap that goes on in our city, state and federal governments? Can't do it by electing decent people.(if we can find decent people to run for office) They soon become as bad as the ones we just got rid of. Whatta we do and how do we maintain it if we do find a solution?
Voleye View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Voleye Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 10 2011 at 7:04pm
I agree.  I thought no matter if McCain or Obama won, The economy could not be fixed in one term, and they would be a one term president.
Mike_Presta View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 10 2011 at 9:13pm
Originally posted by VietVet VietVet wrote:

Too corrupt, too many lobbyists and politicians with special agendas designed to screw the American people and too engrained in boys club backslapping for too many years to bust up. We keep putting garbage in place to do the country's business because there is no other choices. Where do we start to break up the crap that goes on in our city, state and federal governments? Can't do it by electing decent people.(if we can find decent people to run for office) They soon become as bad as the ones we just got rid of. Whatta we do and how do we maintain it if we do find a solution?

VietVet,

Perhaps I can humbly offer one suggestion.

I realize that you do not live in Ward One, but certainly you know people that do live in Ward One.  You and I have met, and spoken at length.  You know me and you know where I stand.  I have made over 2,200 posts here on MiddletownUSA and several hundred more on the now defunct Middletown Journal blogs prior to their demise, all using my real name.  I have spoken before City Council, and at various public meetings many times.  Therefore, I have a record of where I stand and what I have said.  People can look it up if they care to do so.

The only times that I have “changed” have been when I have discovered new information on the subject under discussion, or someone has made a compelling argument that has swayed my stance.  But isn't "change" like that a GOOD thing???

Perhaps the answer to the dilemma you posed above is as simple as talking to everyone that you know in the First Ward who is 18 or over (or will be by election day) and convincing them to VOTE FOR MIKE PRESTA FOR CITY COUNCIL in the First Ward!  This won't solve everything, but it would be a step in the right direction.  Granted, a small step, but a step nonetheless.

If they are not registered to vote, encourage them to register!!!

Remember in November:  THEY’LL LIKE MIKE!

“Mulligan said he ... doesn’t believe they necessarily make the return on investment necessary to keep funding them.” …The Middletown Journal, January 30, 2012
Bocephus View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bocephus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 10 2011 at 9:23pm
Mike I can get you 4 votes from my family (rest live in other wards)Smile
Mike_Presta View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 10 2011 at 10:14pm
Originally posted by Bocephus Bocephus wrote:

Bocephus,

Thank you!!!  Your votes will be appreciated.  I will do my very best to justify your confidence, both during the campaign and, if elected, during my two-year term.

I hope that you will find the time, the opportunity, and the motivation to urge your neighbors and your friends in the First Ward all to:

“Mulligan said he ... doesn’t believe they necessarily make the return on investment necessary to keep funding them.” …The Middletown Journal, January 30, 2012
Bocephus View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bocephus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 11 2011 at 12:56am
Originally posted by Mike_Presta Mike_Presta wrote:

Originally posted by Bocephus Bocephus wrote:

Bocephus,

Thank you!!!  Your votes will be appreciated.  I will do my very best to justify your confidence, both during the campaign and, if elected, during my two-year term.

I hope that you will find the time, the opportunity, and the motivation to urge your neighbors and your friends in the First Ward all to:

I will talk to any one I can that lives in 1st ward to make sure they register to vote and will put in good words for you.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic