FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ohio Drug Test

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
TonyB View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonyB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 10 2011 at 9:25am
Eleven, I guess you need a refresher course on civil liberties. If you'll note on my post to Viet Vet, what was written and has been so far upheld in court, is that you cannot compel someone to incriminate themselves as a condition of assistance. As for proving your point... what exactly IS your point that I'm somehow proving?
Eleven View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Eleven Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 14 2011 at 11:24am

I don't need a refresher course TonyB. Please tell me how free housing and food is covered under civil liberties. I'm not trying to compel someone to incriminate theirselves as a condition of assistance. I'm asking to weed out the people who "would" incriminate themselves while using assistance. And my point IS... you cannot debate or discuss issues with people who pull out the slippery slope argument.

IE: I make the statement about people following me into the parking lot to make sure I put my sticker on correctly and you counter with this --  "How about we put a tracker in your car and charge you with a crime if you drive anywhere but to work and back home?"   Stern%20Smile
@ Bocephus... I agree.  Not only do I know some honest men, I have also ran across these people also..

VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 14 2011 at 12:18pm
Perhaps TonyB's point of self-incrimination for the purpose of receiving assistance would be a moot point if we could do a surprise audit of the home of the recipient of the assistance to verify the real need and immediately remove said recipient from receiving the taxpayer handouts if found to be in violation of the program. IMO, people who receive taxpayer assistance money, and are in violation, have, in this situation, given up all civil liberties and have no rights. It would not be a debate if we could see the real intent of some of these people. More "kinder/gentler" crap from the bleeding hearts helping out the "one's in need", resulting in con games from some of the participants.

Government intrusion in your life can't be a good thing because everything the government touches turns into a cluster.... , no matter what the level.
TonyB View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonyB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Sep 14 2011 at 12:20pm
Eleven,

Evidently, you DO need a refresher course. If drugs are illegal, then asking them for a drug test is incrimination. You're asking them to provide evidence against themselves. If they are doing drugs, then they need to be arrested. Then they can be "assisted" while they are in jail.

The "slippery slope" argument here happens to be the point of contention. Once you start violating civil rights, where does it end? No one followed you out to the parking lot, did they? If they start doing that, what's to stop them requiring everything else.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic