FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

PACMAN IN HOSPITAL AGAIN

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Bocephus View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bocephus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 04 2011 at 10:57am

I have been silent so far because Im not very good with words sometimes,but I wanted the Pacmans to know that I have kept them in my prayers.Get well soon Pacman.

MsPacman View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MsPacman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 14 2011 at 9:23pm
Was thinking of all you wonderfullly thoughtful people as I sat here in his hospital room watching him sleep.  He is resting peacefully now, but had a rough day earlier.  Has had surgery 3 times now on his shoulder.  cepsis infection is a tricky thing to get rid of and it seems to be hanging on to him.  I just want him home, but I'm not sure when that will be.

Anyhoo, I think I'll take in some of the very insightful reading that can always be found on this forum.

God Bless
Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. James 1:2-3
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 14 2011 at 10:49pm
We are all here with you folks. Again, anything we can do, let us know. It'll take some time, but he'll be alright Ms. Pacman. Gotta keep fighting, one day at a time. That's how we handle life's setbacks at our house. No other way to go but forward into the next day. Can't quit and walk away....not an option. God Bless.
LMAO View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LMAO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 15 2011 at 1:12am
MS Pacman praying for the family and Pac and please tell him a big Hello from the one and only LMAO.Smile
Kind of strange was driving back from PA today and was thinking about him. Not home long enough to get on here to check to see how he was doing.
ground swat View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ground swat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 19 2011 at 7:14pm
Any news on Pacman??
MsPacman View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MsPacman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 01 2011 at 5:32pm
Hi everybody,  He actually came home Thursday (the 29th of October)...

But, I had to take him back to ER early saturday morning (1am) via 911 due to shortness of breath/chest pains as well as a few other things...

No heart attack thank GOD!!  but he does have pnuemonia (spelling).

He is more than ready to come home, but the MD's are not ready to send him home.

Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. James 1:2-3
ground swat View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ground swat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 01 2011 at 6:56pm
Thanks for taking a moment to fill us in.  Will be thinking of him in the next several days, his love for this town is without question.  Exercise your right to vote next Tuesday, I think Pac would applaud the effort.
MsPacman View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MsPacman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 05 2011 at 1:34pm
He's looking pretty fantasic today!! May be able to bring him home late this afternoon or early tomorrow AM.       

MsPacman View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MsPacman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 09 2011 at 6:26pm
HE IS HOME!! And doing well!!
Bocephus View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bocephus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 09 2011 at 8:03pm
Originally posted by MsPacman MsPacman wrote:

HE IS HOME!! And doing well!!

Thats great news! Hope all is well.
Pacman View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pacman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 18 2011 at 12:03am
I'mmmmm BACK .....

In September of this year, I went into the ER, While laying on the gurney I had a seizure and my bobdy stiffened and I twisted my arms at the shoulders breaking both shoulders. 

The left should just cracked and healed on it's own.  The right shoulder shattered the ball and socket and required surgery.  Two weeks after the surgery I got a cepsis infection, they then had to operate again to clean out the infectious fluid.  And a week later the infection remained so they had operate a third to remove the replacement parts. 

So now I have one wing that just flops LOL

I then got an pneumonia and was readmitted to the hospital.  While in the hospital again It was discovered I had yet another blood infection which required a blood transfusion.  Come to find out, I have some wierd ass blood that is not stocked in hospitals.  It has to be specially ordered...

Nothing is ever easy.

I am finally at home trying to recover from being in the being in the hospital.

PacmanCool
409 View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 409 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 18 2011 at 12:56am
Pac....Glad to hear you're home. And I do hope your recovery at home goes better than at the hospital.
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 18 2011 at 8:37am
Pac- so happy to hear you're at home. You have been through hell and back.

There are some similarities between what you went through and what my wife has gone through. She, like you, has a left arm that "just flops". Left leg does too. The arm is in a sling all the time to prevent the "flopping". If the arm is out of the sling for long, the hand and arm bend back and her fingers start to clinch. She too, had her fifth seizure two Sundays ago. Squad was called and the usual blood, vitals and MRI was taken of the brain. No abnormalities shown other than old stroke damage to the brain. Neurologist upped the anti-seizure medication (Keppra) to 2000 mg. per day, four times what he started the dosage at. She convulses as you described, although not violent enough to break a shoulder, as you have done. It is like an epileptic seizure in nature. Scary to see each time. Hang in there. Keep on going. It is a struggle day to day, isn't it? God Bless You and your caregiving wife. I know what she is going through. It is a situation you really have to do long term to appreciate the effort needed. How life changes, huh? We are praying for a miracle. We will do the same for you folks. In the meantime, keep on trucking. No other choice.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic