FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Did I read this right??

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bocephus View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bocephus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Did I read this right??
    Posted: Dec 13 2011 at 7:33am
I read this over and over hopeing that I was still groggy from getting out of bed earlier than I usualy do I just can not believe this one.Did someone nulify our constitution with out notifying us?

And I am refering to this part that says:

"The legislation would deny suspected terrorists, even U.S. citizens seized within the nation's borders, the right to trial and subject them to indefinite detention. The lawmakers made no changes to that language."

Did they just sneak this one in hopeing us insignificant beings wouldn't notice that part??

If this passes we all better watch who we affiliate ourselves with,talk to etc..or the kgb could decide you are a "terrorist suspect" and lock you up indefinetly.Who gets to decide who is and who isn't a terrorist suspect?

But ah yes we all know how honest our political leaders are and that this law would never be abused.

But hey no one will care as long as the signal from our satelite tv or our cable shows does not get interupted.After all its only the Constitution they are disregarding.
TonyB View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonyB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 13 2011 at 7:38am
Bocephus,

Yeah, you read it right!!! Not that they really needed it. The Patriot Act allows them to do the same thing!!! Fascism is alive and well in the land of the free and the home of the brave!!!
Richard Saunders View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richard Saunders Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 13 2011 at 8:55am
Yes, you read it correctly.  We cannot comment further, we are too busy playing "Angry Birds."  That is much more important than defending our Constituion or learning about the candidates for public office.
acclaro View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acclaro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 13 2011 at 10:51am
Alan West, the tea party favorite from Florida, is a champion of this. He moved to a slippery slope. The initiative was spurred by certain activities in the country but obviously can be misused. The Fast and Furious mess and Holder's lack of Congressional support and honesty is an example how one could be accused on doing anything, and put into a situation they would not escape, military tribunal, indefinite holding, no evidence, simply suspicions. If disagree, call West in his Florida or DC office. He has clearly not thought this one out, an extremist, which is horrifying.   
Bocephus View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bocephus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 13 2011 at 11:21am
I wonder if the good ole ACLU will take this up as it clearly violates our Constitution.This is not a good thing people.
Wots View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wots Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 13 2011 at 7:44pm

Stages of a democracy.........................................

From bondage to spiritual faith;

From spiritual faith to great courage;

From courage to liberty;

From liberty to abundance;

From abundance to complacency;

From complacency to apathy;

From apathy to dependence;

From dependence back into bondage.
Wots
Liberalism: Moochers Electing Looters to Steal from Producers.
Bocephus View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bocephus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 15 2011 at 12:32am
There you go the smug bastards just trashed the United States Constitution and made it possible for the government to detain American citizens "suspected of terrorism"with out any type legal rights to trial or anything.

House Approves Defense Bill After White House Drops Veto Threat

Published December 14, 2011

| Associated Press

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2011/12/14/white-house-says-it-will-not-veto-defense-bill/#ixzz1gZuGOGRV
rngrmed View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rngrmed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 16 2011 at 7:54am
This is not a big stretch from what is already allowed to happen. Prosecutors are given a fair amount of immunity in their cases.

Just do a quick search on "suing the prosecutor for false arrest".  One prosecutor even says The Constitution does not guarantee any citizen the right from being framed. 
The Supreme Court has upheld this immunity in many cases, but some states have instituted fees to be paid if it is found that you were wrongly convicted.  And just because the decision in your case was overturned doesn't mean you were wrongly convicted.

This has been allowed a lot longer than anything in the Patriot Act, and I think it is far more disturbing that the State is given the latitude to fake evidence, suborn perjury and hide exculpatory evidence.
At least the Patriot Act says The Government must have a "suspicion".  Whatever that means??!!?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic