FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Whitt's Board Resignation

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Whitt's Board Resignation
    Posted: Dec 28 2011 at 7:49am
From the Journal...

School board member resigns shortly after being elected
Alan White cites ‘personal reasons’ for decision to step down from Middletown board.

MIDDLETOWN — A Middletown native who won a seat on the Middletown Board of Education in an uncontested race during the November election has resigned.
Alan Whitt said he verbally informed Middletown Schools Superintendent Greg Rasmussen of his decision to step down for “personal reasons” on Dec. 16.

“My understanding is the board has to appoint a new board member no sooner than 10 days after we accept his withdrawal and no later than 30 days,” Andrew said

THIS TAKES THE OCCUPANCY OF THE SCHOOL BOARD POSITION OUT OF THE HANDS OF THE PEOPLE AND PLACES IT IN THE HANDS OF A SELECT FEW TO CHOOSE A REPLACEMENT. (BUDDIES PERHAPS/SIMILAR TO PEOPLE ON THE BOARD ALREADY?)WHERE'S THE DIVERSITY IN THAT? THIS MAY NOT BE THAT BAD AS IT APPLIES TO THE SCHOOL BOARD BUT IS A VERY BAD IDEA CONCERNING COUNCIL (REFER TO THE ALLEN DESIGNATION AND THE MANEUVERING OF MMF SPONSORED CANDIDATES TO CONTROL THE DECISION-MAKING) THE SCHOOL BOARD DOESN'T HAVE THE "MMF" INFLUENCE THAT COUNCIL HAS. STILL, THE WHOLE CONCEPT OF THE SCHOOL BOARD OR COUNCIL APPOINTING SOMEONE TO REPLACE A RESIGNATION ELIMINATES THE VOTER ADVANTAGE AND THE WHOLE "ELECTION CONCEPT". SHOULD BE VOTED ON AGAIN IF CANDIDATES CAN BE FOUND. THE PEOPLE SHOULD DECIDE AGAIN, NOT A HANDFUL OF PEOPLE. JMO
spiderjohn View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiderjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 28 2011 at 7:55am
Can't fault/blame the system here, as far as I know.
Why did the guy run? Why did he resign abruptly?
Let's hope for a positive appointment.
BOA are good well-intentioned people who will probably make the best of this awkward/inconvenient situation.

Let's assume a positive result here.
Throw your name in there, Vet!
ground swat View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ground swat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 28 2011 at 8:00am
Very sad to hear this. Mr. Whitt is a nice, hard working taxpayer who stepped up to support all of our childern in this town. Hope nothing medical has happened!
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Dec 28 2011 at 8:36am
Originally posted by spiderjohn spiderjohn wrote:

Can't fault/blame the system here, as far as I know.
Why did the guy run? Why did he resign abruptly?
Let's hope for a positive appointment.
BOA are good well-intentioned people who will probably make the best of this awkward/inconvenient situation.

Let's assume a positive result here.
Throw your name in there, Vet!

Can you see me sitting behind that desk with the attitude I have toward this school district and it's policies and performance? Really think I could get along with any of them? Working a full time job, out of town, then coming home to my second job as caregiver, doesn't exactly lend itself to time on the board. Wife has to be watched 24/7 and the boy works full time too. Sorry spider, can't assume anything in this situation based on appointments in the past. Track record of replacement people not exactly endearing to the general populace.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic