FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Roads and snow Removal

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
katlady View Drop Down
Outsider
Outsider

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote katlady Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Roads and snow Removal
    Posted: Jan 03 2012 at 7:45am

Yesterday was considered a federal holiday and so that forgives a little.  But the snow was predicted Sunday night and yet by 9 am and later, the City of Middletown had done NOTHING(as usual) to even the main roads.  Traffic was light but even my 4wd vehicle was sliding all over even those main roads!!  Why can't we ever get our roads cleaned like they should be?  I know there is an economic shortage nearly everywhere but our safety is at risk just like cutting police and fire personnel!!  It amazes me that even smaller communities with the same problems financially still get the job done better.  Wake up Middletown!!

Lostdafire View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lostdafire Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 03 2012 at 2:19pm
It wasn't just Middletown yesterday.  I was trying to drive from Springboro to Mason on SR741 about 0830 yesterday morning.   The road was terrible. It was obvious that there had been no salt trucks out on this road the entire distance.  ODOT and the local communities I drove through all dropped the boat.  by late morning, Mason seemed to have caught up the quickest though.
crazycatcher View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crazycatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 03 2012 at 6:32pm
Here might be a tip for those of you that feel city's should use their resources everytime there is less than an inch of snow on the ground...LEARN HOW TO DRIVE IN THE SNOW..you live in Ohio there is always going to be bad weather. Oh, but you'll say " I'm a taxpayer my money whould be used for maintaining safe streets"...and it ill be when there is something for them to maintain.
ground swat View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ground swat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 03 2012 at 11:58pm
Tricky band of moisture, the producer came right at around 8:30. Wet snow melting than re-freezing would agree with last post. Rule 1. Don't trust red lights they can't stop! By the way that was a 40 car pile up on 75, correct?
spiderjohn View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiderjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 04 2012 at 7:26am
Central Ave was slick yesterday morning
People struggled uphill east just b4 the Jug
Dangerous going down the incline west as approaching the Central/Shafor stoplight

Drive slowly
If u r scared and not prepared--stay home--please

pre-treatment might have helped--not late scraping
holiday/ot pay issue?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic