FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Note To City Council:

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Talking Heads View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Talking Heads Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 28 2012 at 2:43pm
Excellent, Spider. I congratulate you. Others should also see interiors prior to making broad statements of demolition or the buildings' worth/potential. Not calling vision "having the same" but each has their own vision and if some on this post have vision, then do something about it.  Wish some that have such negative opinions of downtown/the city would get together, pull resources and invest in the vision that could be created into something positive rather than negative talk. All seem intelligent people, with some qualified opinions and facts. Perhaps this new Downtown Inc. has creativity and stamina.  
ground swat View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ground swat Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 28 2012 at 2:57pm
" Part of the solution ". Was taught to saying nothing if it wasn't nice or helped solve a problem. Any time you like to tell me your solutions please have at it. This will come off like a third grader but if you like to compare time cards for volunteering please send me a private message so you can enlighten me on how to get involved. What a joke!! Again are the drug stores in town closing early, must be cause some folks aren't getting their meds.
Talking Heads View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Talking Heads Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 29 2012 at 12:19am
GS, if you are referring to the TH post above calling for action, it was not a joke. It was complimentary to some and did offer a solution. Provided an opinion/suggestion  - as most do on this site - about and for those who seem fed up with the past, current, and potential future of Middletown to take collective action. This could result in a formidable plan for the city that provides increased opportunities for the livelihoods of residents and businesses. I'm certain some bloggers do much volunteer work and strive to bring stability to Middletown. Reverse what V. Moon stated as what leads to failure and you have the foundation for success. 
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 29 2012 at 6:14am
Originally posted by Talking Heads Talking Heads wrote:

GS, if you are referring to the TH post above calling for action, it was not a joke. It was complimentary to some and did offer a solution. Provided an opinion/suggestion  - as most do on this site - about and for those who seem fed up with the past, current, and potential future of Middletown to take collective action. This could result in a formidable plan for the city that provides
increased opportunities for the livelihoods of residents and businesses. I'm certain some bloggers do much volunteer work and strive to bring stability to Middletown. Reverse what V. Moon stated as what leads to failure and you have the foundation for success. 

Talking.....I applaud your suggestion about taking action concerning the future of Middletown. On several occasions in the past, attempts have been made to organize and throw some resistance toward the current regime and changing the current direction and priorities of this city. Unfortunately, the attempt at the old Montgomery Ward building on University and the attempt at the Library died as a result of the apathy found in most of this town. Couldn't get anyone to show up in any numbers to make it worth while. Perhaps you could suggest an approach that you think might work to stimulate the people enough that they would show in numbers to any meeting?
TonyB View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonyB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 29 2012 at 8:15am
Vet,

I have a suggestion for an approach that might stimulate enough people to show up to meetings. do what the minutemen did to get their volunteer militia to show up: offer free beer after the meeting!!! Of course, then you get into the whole, how do we get everybody home, but I'd be willing to bet attendance at the meetings would improve!!! Smile
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic