FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Facilities link on MCSD web site

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
chmoore1 View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chmoore1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 26 2012 at 1:40pm
Isn't the Director of Operations being granted a two-year contract at tonight's meeting, according to the online Board Agenda?  At what salary?   chmoore
Neil Barille View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neil Barille Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 26 2012 at 2:09pm
Vet, do you really think the answers will satisfy you?  I'm guessing a detailed response about each position will be filled with details none of us are familiar with.  I'm sure what you hear would be that they do a lot of state and federal mandated reporting, assessments of this and that, measurables, metrics, budgetary issues, etc etc.  These answers could be snow jobs or do be very accurate.  I think it is likely these positions are needed and important, but what do I know. 
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 26 2012 at 3:02pm
Originally posted by Neil Barille Neil Barille wrote:

Vet, do you really think the answers will satisfy you?  I'm guessing a detailed response about each position will be filled with details none of us are familiar with.  I'm sure what you hear would be that they do a lot of state and federal mandated reporting, assessments of this and that, measurables, metrics, budgetary issues, etc etc.  These answers could be snow jobs or do be very accurate.  I think it is likely these positions are needed and important, but what do I know. 

Neil, these are taxpayer provided positions in a public setting. They are obligated to communicate with those who pay the bills and who subsidize this. I think the public has a right to know what their money is buying as to activity on each job created if we are paying for the ride. Have you ever seen the school supply a job description to the public? How about info. on the position activity? Aren't you the least bit curious about what these positions entail on a daily basis? Don't you think they have an obligation to provide more information than to just create some abstract job, dissolve others, without some sort of detailed explanation as to their activities? Giving notice of a new position created and the salary that goes with it is not enough. What does it hurt to request some information? We don't get enough of it as it is. If you don't know what the job is, how can you make the statement that "I think it is likely these positions are needed and important" (kinda gullible, right?).......or, Neil.....maybe not.
acclaro View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acclaro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 26 2012 at 3:23pm
Ms. Andrew, there is simply no factual means to justify overhead, none. Isn't it also a fact Mr. Rasmussen started at a salary of under $110,000. and now is $147,000.? What on earth has he accomplished, other than a body, an FTE, put in a position with a title, the same as the treasurer under investigation from Monroe, just another FTE. You could wipe out 35-40% of administrators, and not tell a difference in performance. I do know the system and Ohio, as I am good friends with Kim Gray, who was super at Franklin now in a Cincinnati system. This constant excuse and blame game of fed or state is really getting old.   
'An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.' - Winston Churchill
Neil Barille View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Neil Barille Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 26 2012 at 3:40pm
Vet, what I'm saying is that the job description you read will make the position sound very important and the duties varied, and you will not be satisfied with the description.

acclaro, as I recall the Super was hired at $130k. Not sure where the other numbers you quoted are coming from.  And I thought not long ago you were touting the good efforts of MCSD and its board?  I'm guessing this Phase 2 has changed your tune?
jsmith2011 View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jsmith2011 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 26 2012 at 4:33pm
It doesn't matter what they do all day......those salaries cannot be justified when you look at this school district. Both the size of the school district and the performance. Come on.....over a million dollars in salaries in the administration building alone. This doesn't include principals, assistant principals and whatever other positions there are here and there.

Plus, keep in mind that these amounts are only their salaries. It doesn't include the cost of the Iphone they all carry around, the Ipad that everyone has, the car mileage allowance, insurance and all the other perks.
acclaro View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acclaro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 26 2012 at 5:26pm
In 30 days a top consulting firm could come in, and wipe out 55% of the staff without one iota of negative impact on scores and rating.

NB, nope, you missed my pt. I acknowledged the willingness of Ms. Andrew and Mr. Fiora to have open debate only, and never gave praise to a lackluster academic performance nor bloated overhead. I did state also, it is obvious to most the changing demographics of Middletown made a comparison with performance in the 60's a little out of kilter with the performance today. The fact Monroe left Middletown is sufficient enough to see the school district has been lacking for many years. 
'An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.' - Winston Churchill
Mike_Presta View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 26 2012 at 7:40pm
Originally posted by Marcia Andrew Marcia Andrew wrote:

... First, the Journal list is based on old data. For example, it lists Dennis Newell, the former high school principal (and it lists him as a teacher). Carmela Cotter has been the high school principal since last July.  We hired a new Treasurer last August, whose salary is approximately $85,000.  I don't know why the list does not include the prior treasurer, Lisa Fahnke. Her salary was in the same range. ...

Perhaps I can clear up some of the confusion regarding the way these salaries are reported, or at least how they have been reported in the past.  (I have not seen the actual list this year.)

The list does not report “salaries”, but rather reports compensation paid to an individual over the course of a calendar year, and lists that person’s title at the end of that calendar year.

If butcher John Doe was hired at a salary of $70,000/year on July 1, he would make only $35,000 during the calendar year, so he would not show up on the list.

If baker Jane Doe had a salary of $70,000 per year, but resigned or was terminated on June 30 she would have made only $35,000 during the calendar year, so he would not show up on the list.

If candlestick-maker Richard Roe had a base salary of $40,000 per year worked so much overtime that he ended up earning $65,000, he would be on the list as a “candlestick-maker” with a “salary” of $65,000.

If Fred Foe started the year as a “master chef” with a salary of $120,000 per year, but was demoted on November 30 to “bus boy” at a rate of $3,000 per month, he would be listed as “bus boy” with a salary of $113,000.

I hope that this helps with the understanding of how the list is compiled and reported.

“Mulligan said he ... doesn’t believe they necessarily make the return on investment necessary to keep funding them.” …The Middletown Journal, January 30, 2012
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
  Share Topic