FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Mike Presta on Middletown Schools Facilities

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Middletown News View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Middletown News Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Mike Presta on Middletown Schools Facilities
    Posted: Feb 16 2012 at 11:54am

Presta voices his opinion at the Middletown HS Facilities Committee Meeting.
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 16 2012 at 3:36pm
"That pesky Presta sure is a trouble-maker". "Why don't these dam MUSA people keep quiet and stop making trouble for our city leaders?" "Why do people like Presta make me lean backward and act like I'm fed up with those who don't take the crap the schools (city) are shoveling....hook, line and sinker?" " Why don't SOME people believe everything they tell us?" "I hate people who ask questions about how they intend to spend my money". "I trust 'em, doesn't everybody" ...."Why did I come to this boring worthless meeting anyway?" "Think I'll just take a nap, what the heck" "Dam narcolepsy"

(What may be going through the mind of the old fart leaning back to the left of Mike in the picture above.)   

"I'll just sit here and tolerate this crap for as long as I can" "Let's just get this over with, Mr. Presta" "This crossword is too dam hard"

(What may be going through the mind of the old guy behind Mike)
rshaffer View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rshaffer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 16 2012 at 5:28pm
(VietVet) I am "the old fart" in the picture. Unfortunately, this "old fart" is the same age as you. By the way, due to a car accident 18 years ago, I have a back and neck problem that causes migraines, hence, my stance in the picture. It's unfortunate, too, that you are so sick and obnoxious, that you have to resort to name calling and jumping to conclusions rather than seeking facts and truth. Had you been at the meeting, you would have found out that I agreed with Mike about several things, which I stated at the meeting. In fact, not that it matters to you, based on new information, I now believe that Phase 2 needs to be modified. This "old fart" may be old, but I'm not brain-dead. I do accept the "low-blows" to be typical of your behavior, and what we can expect for trying to be part of the solution and not part of the problem..... Mike: I appreciate your interest in solving these complex problems. I know that you realize that I was not reacting to your suggestions and observations.   
Rick
Mike_Presta View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 16 2012 at 5:30pm
Originally posted by VietVet VietVet wrote:

"I'll just sit here and tolerate this crap for as long as I can" "Let's just get this over with, Mr. Presta" "This crossword is too dam hard"

(What may be going through the mind of the old guy behind Mike)
The gentleman sitting behind me, to my left, is none other than Mr. Greg Pratt.
“Mulligan said he ... doesn’t believe they necessarily make the return on investment necessary to keep funding them.” …The Middletown Journal, January 30, 2012
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 16 2012 at 5:48pm
Originally posted by rshaffer rshaffer wrote:

...Mike: I appreciate your interest in solving these complex problems. I know that you realize that I was not reacting to your suggestions and observations.
Rick: Of course I do. Candid photos are often misleading, and sometimes humorous. I didn't realize that I was being photographed or I would've tried to look less like I was a fisherman describing "the one that got away".
“Mulligan said he ... doesn’t believe they necessarily make the return on investment necessary to keep funding them.” …The Middletown Journal, January 30, 2012
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 16 2012 at 7:59pm
Originally posted by rshaffer rshaffer wrote:

(VietVet) I am "the old fart" in the picture. Unfortunately, this "old fart" is the same age as you. By the way, due to a car accident 18 years ago, I have a back and neck problem that causes migraines, hence, my stance in the picture. It's unfortunate, too, that you are so sick and obnoxious, that you have to resort to name calling and jumping to conclusions rather than seeking facts and truth. Had you been at the meeting, you would have found out that I agreed with Mike about several things, which I stated at the meeting. In fact, not that it matters to you, based on new information, I now believe that Phase 2 needs to be modified. This "old fart" may be old, but I'm not brain-dead. I do accept the "low-blows" to be typical of your behavior, and what we can expect for trying to be part of the solution and not part of the problem..... Mike: I appreciate your interest in solving these complex problems. I know that you realize that I was not reacting to your suggestions and observations.   

Guess that makes both of us old farts, if we are the same age. I don't mind being called an old fart because I have a sense of humor and can roll with it. Called an old man everyday at work because I'm the oldest in the group. No biggy. Just means I'm closer to retirement than the others, that's all. Does it really bother you that much to be called that? The post was an attempt at humor, nothing else. Sorry I offended you as I had no idea who the people were in the picture with the exception of Mike. We all have our own little battles Shaffer. I would like to be at the meetings, but you see, I have a wife who depends on me to help her function as she can't walk, can't prepare her meals and can't go to the frikkin' bathroom on her own and has had 5 seizures requiring an automatic trip to the emergency room each time. You have a back and neck problem but are still mobile enough to walk and conduct life's little everyday functions. She had a massive stroke that paralyzed her entire left side and almost killed her leaving her unable to function in life without help. There are people in much worse shape than you. Never said you were brain dead nor do I think I was name-calling. Name-calling would have to involve me knowing who you were. Never met you before. Don't know you. Sick/obnoxious....perhaps, with good reason at times. I'd say bitter about life to be more accurate.

I apologize again for offending you. It's up to you to accept or reject the apology. It won't make or break my world with my current situation. It was not meant to be personal. I would have had to have known who you were to make it so.

MIKE- as with R Shaffer, never met Greg Pratt. Don't know what he looks like. Only know he is an attorney with an office building at the corner of Breil and Rosedale.
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 16 2012 at 10:55pm

Vet,

I both understand and appreciate your humor.  I wasn’t trying to insert an issue by pointing out that it was Pratt “working the difficult crossword puzzle”.  I thought it made it funnier!!! LOL LOL LOL 

I have no idea if attorney Pratt was there as a pure volunteer or if it was a paid gig similar to what he does for City Hall.  I don’t recall him being at the 2-02-2012 meeting.  (Then again, I often can’t remember what I had for dinner the previous night. LOL LOL LOL

By the way, if the worst thing I am called is a "pain in the neck", then I've had a good day!!! Big%20smile LOL LOL LOL (Rick: I also have neck and back issues resulting from old injuries and I am completely sympathetic.)

Pacman View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pacman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Feb 17 2012 at 10:20pm
Sorry Mike, I wasn't there...

I was spending time at the Atrium Luxury Hotel...

AGAIN!!

They should really name a wing after with as much money as I've spent there in the last year.

I was in the ER, and the Nurse taking care of me Recognized me from a year ago (when I had my heart atttack and my heart stopped 4 times).  She then got all exctied and told me she was the one jumping on my chest doing compressions.  She ran to the nurses station and began telling the other nurses I was there.  It was like old home week. 

apparently my case was studied thoroughly by the hospital staff because I surivived.

PacmanCool

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic