FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

MCSD BOE- Door 1,2, or 3?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
acclaro View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acclaro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: MCSD BOE- Door 1,2, or 3?
    Posted: Mar 16 2012 at 3:23pm
A man drives his Audi s4 into White Allen Porsche Audi and says to the service man, "I hear a noise when I turn on my air conditioner. The service manager looks at his customer and says, well, you can buy an Audi A8 or an R8.

The many looks him in the eye and says, "but I just hear a swirl when the belt turns on the air conditioner. I really think I just need a new belt for $100.00. The service man says, "yes, you need a belt that would cost $100,00, but I recommend either: *Because every 5 years, you'll need to replace that belt for $100.00).

a)

b)

After much discussion, the exasperated man bought a).

A week later the man looks in the newspaper and read MCSD BOE wants his feedback about whether its a good idea to simply do routine maintenance and keep existing buildings in the school district, or build new ones. Again his choices are:

a) 

b)

The Committee the Board picked by hand chose B.

One night when the man was eating dinner with his wife, he shook his head and said:

"You know honey, I just don't get it. My Audi needed a $100.00 belt, and I walked out with a $150,000 car. The school building where Johnnie and Mary attend down the block needed a boiler hose, and we and others here in Middletown paid $50,000,000 for a new building for a $150,000 repair. I just don't get it, they don't make spare parts anymore!!!"

It's official. The Board of Education and Facility Management just got four Pinocchio's for stretching the truth!!!

After an exhaustive study, "DRUM ROLL PLEASE"...

Five options for Phase 2 Master Plan to renovate or construct new middle and high schools were presented; those in attendance voted on their most-favored choices.

• Option 1: Cost $69 million to build a new high school and remodel the current high school for grades sixth through eighth.

• Option 2: Cost $62 million to build a new middle school for grades sixth through eighth and renovate and expand the high school to add 60,000-square-feet.

• Option 3: Cost $49 million to build a middle school for grades seventh and eighth, and renovate and expand the high school.

• Option 4: Cost $54 million to build a new high school and a new middle school for grades seventh and eighth.

• Option 5: Cost $55 million to build a school for grades seventh through ninth and renovate the high school.

'An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.' - Winston Churchill
Bill View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 16 2012 at 3:37pm

As we've heard from Mr. Presta, these forums are just a dog and pony show.  Anyone who dare question the cost or who suggests renovation is given cold icy stares and mumbled answers.  Insulting. 

With all the Tea Partiers in this state you would they could organize and hire consulting firms who would offer to come in, tour the facilities, and provide an "alternate viewpoint" of what the real ongoing maintenance costs are, whether renovations are needed, build new, etc.
sassygirl View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote sassygirl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 18 2012 at 6:45pm
The superintendent and board pick the people they want, to get the results they want. Why do you think good employees are leaving for other employment? If you are trustworthy and ethical Middletown Schools is not the place for you.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic