FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

POLICE/FIRE 911 DISPATCHER

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Vivian Moon View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivian Moon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: POLICE/FIRE 911 DISPATCHER
    Posted: Mar 17 2012 at 2:55pm
March 17, 2012
Dayton Daily News
POLICE/FIRE 911 DISPATCHER City of Middletown Accepting applications for a challenging position! Applicants will be required to take a written, listening, & typing examination. Primary responsibilities for this position include receiving, dispatching, & processing calls & messages for police, fire & rescue services. Dispatchers rotate through 3 separate shifts. Candidates will complete interview, background check, polygraph exams, & a psychological assessment. Starting salary: $32,724 with excellent benefits. Application packets may be obtained from the Personnel Office, located on the second floor of City Building, One Donham Plaza, Middletown, Ohio and must be filed by 5:00 p.m. Friday, March 30, 2012. EOE/Drug-free workplace. SAFETY
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 18 2012 at 7:49am
Retirement, replacement or promotion or is that only discussed in "Executive session"
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 25 2012 at 3:06pm
Add to the list, a corrections officer and another patrolman. Middletown is not downsizing, they are maintaining at best. (could be adding people for all we know) Last week, the Journal had these two positions on their homepage. Still need a %increase in that Safety levy, do ya?
Bobbie View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bobbie Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 02 2012 at 12:37pm
I would not bet this means there will be a job.  They do this test every year - at least for the last 3 years, but I am not sure they have hired anyone.
AKBobby View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AKBobby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 03 2012 at 11:42am
Geez Vet .. what do u want? They have downsized 17 officers and numerous dispatchers and jailors over the last decade. How low in staffing do you want them to go? They've cut supervisors and an assistant chief position. These few positions are to replace upcoming retirements. What would make u happy? Lower staffing ? Are they supposed to not have people take and dispatch our calls? Not replace cops to take those same calls?

Come on ..everything is not a conspiracy buddy. I understand people are upset with the city but not everything has some agenda.
AK - What is going on with that?
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 03 2012 at 8:28pm
Originally posted by AKBobby AKBobby wrote:

Geez Vet .. what do u want? They have downsized 17 officers and numerous dispatchers and jailors over the last decade. How low in staffing do you want them to go? They've cut supervisors and an assistant chief position. These few positions are to replace upcoming retirements. What would make u happy? Lower staffing ? Are they supposed to not have people take and dispatch our calls? Not replace cops to take those same calls?

Come on ..everything is not a conspiracy buddy. I understand people are upset with the city but not everything has some agenda.

The other day, a participant on this forum posted that there was still several fire captains in the fire department. If true, they haven't cut deep enough for me, since you asked me "what do you want". I would also like to know the police and fire hierarchy. The police have a couple of Majors, don't they? Muterspaw used to be one of my neighbors when he was a sergeant. Ideally, I would like to see the worker bees reporting directly to one king bee. Like many companies I have worked for, they always seem to be loaded with multiple layers of middle management who are nothing but glorified, highly paid info and paper pushers up and down the communication highway attending endless meetings and, at the end of day, accomplishing little to nothing of any importance. I would suspect the police and fire have something similar going on. Elimination of the middle positions linking workers to bosses would be ideal IMO. If the position has an "assist." in front of it, eliminate it. (ditto for the schools and the city building too) Downsizing the officers, dispatchers and jailors is downsizing the worker bees. Wrong priorities. Need to downsize the middle positions and reduce the top heavy positions instead. Cut the big salaries and leave the officers on the street. JMO
AKBobby View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AKBobby Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 04 2012 at 10:10am
Can't speak for MFD but The police has 3 administrators. They have 9 or 10 supervisors who work the street and also take calls, citizens complaints and all that. They have a supervisor in the vice unit and another in detectives. They've downsized administrators by two and cut clerical staff by 50%. The polices middle positions work the field. They don't sit in offices. Heck you mentioned your neighbor who is major. He still is out there working and the Chief is too. That's the difference between the PD and schools. Middle management is in the field working.
AK - What is going on with that?
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 04 2012 at 10:39am

Can't speak for MFD but The police has 3 administrators. They have 9 or 10 supervisors who work the street and also take calls, citizens complaints and all that. They have a supervisor in the vice unit and another in detectives. They've downsized administrators by two and cut clerical staff by 50%. The polices middle positions work the field. They don't sit in offices. Heck you mentioned your neighbor who is major. He still is out there working and the Chief is too. That's the difference between the PD and schools. Middle management is in the field working.

That sounds like the right thing to do to me AK. But, I think we can all remember when the Safety Levy was first introduced, it was advertised that if we the people passed it, it would retain the manpower we had at the time. Now, we hear about all the downsizing that has been done. Didn't turn out the way they had said it would, did it? Imagine that. They lied again. Again, why would anyone vote for the safety levy when this has occured? You're gonna get more of the same if the voters say yes to their wishes. The city leaders are masters at bs ing the public.
chu082011 View Drop Down
Outsider
Outsider

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chu082011 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jun 15 2012 at 4:59pm
Originally posted by VietVet VietVet wrote:

That sounds like the right thing to do to me AK. But, I think we can all remember when the Safety Levy was first introduced, it was advertised that if we the people passed it, it would retain the manpower we had at the time. Now, we hear about all the downsizing that has been done. Didn't turn out the way they had said it would, did it? Imagine that. They lied again. Again, why would anyone vote for the safety levy when this has occured? You're gonna get more of the same if the voters say yes to their wishes. The city leaders are masters at bs ing the public.

Hi,

Thank very much for all. It's wonderful. It make me thinking about my subject.

If you want to do more info, you also visit at: Police dispatcher interview questions

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic