FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Good News! Cincinnati State Update.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
acclaro View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acclaro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Good News! Cincinnati State Update.
    Posted: Mar 31 2012 at 11:04am
I was speaking recently to a city leader, and they confirmed Cincinnati State is going to get the old Middletown Journal office, HEP will lease it, and Cincinnati State is going going to open a new School of Journalism. Their plans are to have it on par in a few years with Ohio University and Northwestern's Journalism School.

Furthermore, this same city leader also indicated financial discussions are taking place for which Cincinnati State would offer Golf Superintendency and Aeronautical engineering and HEP will be leasing BOTH Weatherwax and the entire Hook Field complex.

Evidently, Cincinnati State is building entirely new programs around the golf course and airport. It is hoped, said the same official, Richie's Pawn Shop might become available so Cincinnati State may extend its new Journalsim program to include multi media broadcasting and include a reality television series based upon the Las Vegas Pawn Shop series popular on the History Channel.

Additionally, although a year off, the city has plans with Cincinnati State, to open the Cincinnati State School of Banking and Finance at the old First Financial datacenter our mayor, an employee of the bank, has been creating a vision for with Dr. O'Dell Owens. 

I must say I was skeptical about the city and Cincinnati State, but with this news, I was optimistic about Middletown's bright future. As I was departing Donham, I was told final negotiations were taking place with Greg Pratt, and the city was hopeful this would be completed "soon."

Stay tuned. 

'An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.' - Winston Churchill
Vivian Moon View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivian Moon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 31 2012 at 1:02pm

APRIL FOOL !!!

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic