FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

10/24/2012 Middletown Crime Report

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
ktf1179 View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ktf1179 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 10/24/2012 Middletown Crime Report
    Posted: Oct 24 2012 at 10:31am

Posted: 5:00 a.m. Wednesday, Oct. 24, 2012
Police report: Jail inmate charged with assault

By Michael D. Pitman
Staff Writer
Middletown Division of Police

Sept. 20
Someone stole seven tires, valued at $2,200 total, stolen before 10:44 a.m. from Best One Tire of Mid-America, 2803 Cincinnati-Dayton Road. The incident was reported on Oct. 18.

Oct. 17
Someone stole meat from the freezer, a $300 radio, a $400 television, a $1,300 television, a $700 laptop, a queen-sized bed, a kitchen chair and numerous amounts of jewelry before 10:05 p.m. from a home in the 600 block of Ninth Avenue.

Oct. 18
A 26-year-old man, at large, while in the Middletown City Jail was charged at 1:30 p.m. with assault after he pushed another inmate against the jail bars. The victimized inmate said the man allegedly stole a deck of playing cards while in the jail’s day room. The 26-year-old was in jail charged with two counts of obstructing official business and harassment.

Someone stole a lawn mower, valued at $429, and four Indian plates before 3:02 p.m. from a home in the 2100 block of Logan Avenue.

Someone stole a 3-foot tall Halloween decoration before 4:15 p.m. from the front porch of a home in the 4800 block of Ashley Terrace.

Someone stole three handguns, valued at a collective $1,400, before 8:48 p.m. from a home in the 3100 block of Buttercup Court.

A 15-year-old Middletown girl claims a 22-year-old Middletown man allegedly offered her $50 for sex through a Facebook conversation. The girl’s mother told police she would pursue charges against the man.

Someone stole four truck batteries before 9:28 p.m. from the back of a pickup truck parked in the 2900 block of Cincinnati-Dayton Road.

Someone stole a shotgun, valued at $1,200, before 9:44 p.m. from a home in the 3700 block of Fiesta Way.

Oct. 19
A 47-year-old Middletown man was arrested at 2:50 a.m. near the intersection at Lincoln Street and South Verity Parkway on suspicion of operating a vehicle while impaired. The man had two previous OVI convictions within the past two years. The vehicle was towed.

A 70-year-old Middletown man was knocked off his bicycle in the 1700 block of South University Boulevard by an unknown man and woman, both tall and heavyset, and stole $40 from his pocket.
Someone stole a catalytic converter from a vehicle before 7:59 p.m. parked in the 1600 block of Flemming Road.

Oct. 20
The theft of a converter and a CD player occurred before 1:43 p.m. from an apartment in the 100 block of South Clinton Street.

An amplifier, valued at $200, Internet router, valued at $60, jewelry box with jewelry inside, valued at $300, and miscellaneous clothes, makeup, toiletries and home décor items were stolen before 5:45 p.m. from a home in the 3900 block of Bonita Drive.

A television, valued at $500, a PlayStation 2 game console, valued at $200, about 80 to 90 video games, valued at $500, a music box and sugar pills were stolen before 9:08 p.m. from a home in the 1700 block of Church Avenue.

Two golf carts were stolen sometime during the inaugural Broad Street Monster Bash at Central Avenue and North Broad Street. The carts belonged to Forest Hills Golf Club and were being used by Monster Bash organizers.

Oct. 21
A 26-year-old Middletown woman was arrested at 12:51 a.m. near the intersection of Crawford Street and Linden Avenue on suspicion of loitering to engage in solicitation.
Someone smashed the front passenger window from a vehicle before 6:30 a.m. in the 4000 block of Bonita Drive.

Someone ransacked a home and stole “a large quantity of items,” including jewelry and a television, after someone broke into the house in the 3600 block of Ellis Way by kicking in the front door.
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 24 2012 at 11:48am
Hey, 7 tires valued at 2200 bucks......those must have been some special racing tires or semi tires at that price.

Yep, the old crime rate is ramping up in this city. Alot of stealing by the have-nots from the haves. I like the Oct. 17th haul of meat from the freezer and walking out with the queen-sized bed to boot.

I think the city ought to help itself by bringing in more criminal elements by adopting more "criminal element" programs. Think alot of this activity is a result of outsiders that have been attracted to the city's poverty image and all that climate brings forth?

The cops are busy thanks to our newly attracted clientele. I'm so proud of my hometown about now. JMO
Pacman View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pacman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 24 2012 at 5:44pm
Hey Vet,

Remember the other day when you mentioned you had never been hit up for money in Middletown??

My wife and walked out of Meijer on Sunday and was asked for $5 for gas by a young lady in the parking lot.  When we said no, she simply moved on to the next person in the parking lot.  This is about the 3rd time I've been hit up for cash here in Middletown.

She had a story of her Dad being airlifted to a hospital off Exit 53 and she and her Mom needed gas money to drive there.

We honestly didn't have any cash on us.
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 24 2012 at 8:06pm
I believe you Pac. Believe Spider too. This town has attracted the type of people who would freeload on the general population. I've been asked for money, but not here in town. I had a similar game run on me about needing money for a family crisis. I wasn't as pleasant in my reply when approached. No pride. No class. No shame. Pitiful behavior.
bumper View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bumper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 24 2012 at 11:11pm
WOW!! gald i got the hell out of middltown when it started to get bad ,  A 70-year-old Middletown man was knocked off his bicycle in the 1700 block of South University Boulevard by an unknown man and woman, both tall and heavyset, and stole $40 from his pocket...
rngrmed View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rngrmed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Oct 25 2012 at 1:29am
What was it like living in a town when there was no need for law enforcement?

When did Middletown start hiring police officers?
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic