Middletown Ohio

Find us on
 Google+ and Facebook

Home | Yearly News Archive | Advertisers | Blog | Contact Us
Thursday, March 28, 2024
FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Police reports: Man doesn’t have 99 cents to pay
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Police reports: Man doesn’t have 99 cents to pay

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
ktf1179 View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ktf1179 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Police reports: Man doesn’t have 99 cents to pay
    Posted: Nov 01 2012 at 9:45am
By Rick McCrabb
Middletown Division of Police

Oct. 27
A Middletown man, who lives in the 3000 block of Poinciana Road, told police he ordered more than $900 worth of gold coins from a company, and the five coins never were delivered. A few days later, $30 more was charged on his credit card. He called two delivery services — UPS and FedEx — and neither one was scheduled to deliver the package.

Oct. 28
A refrigerator and stove were stolen from a vacant home in the 2000 block of Howard Avenue. Police were called because someone saw suspects in the home, but when police arrived, no one was there. They said the home was in “total disarray” and there was food and clothing on the floor.

Two men entered United Dairy Farmers, 101 N. Verity Parkway, and one of them took a 99-cent beer out of the refrigerator, opened it, and started to drink it. When he took the beverage to the counter, he told the clerk he didn’t have any money, and his friend said he didn’t have any money either. The men then left the store.

The Locktender’s Museum, 1605 N. Verity Parkway, was vandalized when someone stole the coil and motor out of an air conditioner that was located in the back of the museum.

Oct. 29
A Middletown man said his wallet was stolen while he was at Kroger, 3420 Towne Blvd. He said his wallet contained $400 in cash and numerous credit cards.

Checkered Flag Automotive, 509 S. Sutphin St., was vandalized again a few days after paintballs were shot at the building. Someone damaged the electric box and cut the brake lines in a 1991 Chevy pickup truck that was parked there overnight.
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 01 2012 at 10:42am
Go into a store, get a beer out of the cooler, start drinking it, knowing you don't have money to pay for it, then casually walking out as if nothing had happened.

Go into a store, go to the TV area, tuck a 40 inch TV under your coat and actually think no one will see that the old coat got a little larger.

Damage something.....steal something.....

Where's the TRU TV people when you have a story for them?

This town is attracting only the best, isn't it?
I'm so proud of my hometown and what it has become. Recall 'em all. Let's start over.
Pacman View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pacman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 01 2012 at 7:20pm
Hey Vet,

You really wanna get a kick in the ass, watch some Hard Care Pawn on TRU TV on Tuesday Nights!!

PacmanCool
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 01 2012 at 7:54pm
Originally posted by Pacman Pacman wrote:

Hey Vet,
You really wanna get a kick in the ass, watch some Hard Care Pawn on TRU TV on Tuesday Nights!!PacmanCool

I do Pac. Watched it the other night as a matter of fact. Also watch Operation Repo, South Beach Towing and World's Dumbest. Besides sports, news and Two and a Half Men, Tru-TV is a favorite. The rest of it they can keep.
I'm so proud of my hometown and what it has become. Recall 'em all. Let's start over.
digger-2 View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote digger-2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 01 2012 at 10:05pm
Interesting responses to most frequently viewed television programs.
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 02 2012 at 6:18am
Originally posted by digger-2 digger-2 wrote:

Interesting responses to most frequently viewed television programs.

Did you like the list or find it disgusting?

Here's another one for you to ponder digger.......I also watch WWE on Friday nights. I like a show that gives the illusion that they are beating up on each other. Kinda satisfies my need for violence and aggression after dealing with life's little problems each day. Hey, if I want to watch just illusion without all the pretend violence, I usually tune in to a city council meeting on TV Middletown. Also watch the encore western channel with the old movies. Gotta get back to the old days through TV and temporarily escape today's world as it is so screwed up.

How do my shows grade out digger? Not enough culture in the mix, right? I'm not like the fru fru's down in the so-called "artzy" area of town. More of a heathenistic, uncultured, reprehensible blue collar workin' person.
digger-2 View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote digger-2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 02 2012 at 9:18am
Living and owning property in Middletown can be downright frustrating.  Then, there's the bureaucrats at City Hall to factor into the equation.
All of us know the challenges that you have taking care of your dear wife.  May the good Lord continue to provide you with strength and compassion.
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 02 2012 at 11:02am

Living and owning property in Middletown can be downright frustrating.  Then, there's the bureaucrats at City Hall to factor into the equation.
All of us know the challenges that you have taking care of your dear wife.  May the good Lord continue to provide you with strength and compassion.

Thank you digger. I appreciate your kindness.
digger-2 View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote digger-2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 02 2012 at 11:45am
You care deeply about our floundering city as do I.  Your sadness for Middletown's decline is shared by many including me.
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 02 2012 at 1:40pm

You care deeply about our floundering city as do I.  Your sadness for Middletown's decline is shared by many including me.

Family all buried out in Woodside. Wonderful memories from the 50's and 60's in this town. Best place in the world to live back then. Jobs, entertainment, shopping, friends, family, friendliness in the people, less crime, people with pride in the city, their homes and themselves. Self sufficient, reliant and prosperous. Now, combo sadness, anger, frustration, and depression. Some issues caused by time, others caused by economic climates, still others caused by new people taking key roles in the city's operation and screwing it up. Many problems caused by destructive city decisions such as too much Section 8, elimination of the road funds back in the 80's, and not replacing the employers who closed shop and left town in an expedient manner, maintaining a reasonable job level for the people. Need a different direction with new people running this town IMO. Current group of leaders are on the wrong path with the wrong priorities and going in the wrong direction.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic