Middletown Ohio

Find us on
 Google+ and Facebook

Home | Yearly News Archive | Advertisers | Blog | Contact Us
Thursday, March 28, 2024
FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  New Posts New Posts RSS Feed - Looks like early voting has the Democrats leading.
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Looks like early voting has the Democrats leading.

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Bocephus View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bocephus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Looks like early voting has the Democrats leading.
    Posted: Nov 07 2012 at 7:18pm
Originally posted by VietVet VietVet wrote:

The Repubs always have Johnny Boehner and Mitch McConnell standing in the way of whatever Obama wants to do. That's your checks and balances. He won't get his way on all things.

He will use excecutive orders to bypass congress to if he doesnt get his way as hes shown willingness in the recent past to do so,like his amnesty for possibly millions of illegals aka the dream act which he gave 2 year work visas and legal status to (soon to be made permanent Iam sure) illegals under the age of 35. Best be brushing up on our spanish ,soon we will have to press #2 for english.
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 07 2012 at 1:57pm
The Repubs always have Johnny Boehner and Mitch McConnell standing in the way of whatever Obama wants to do. That's your checks and balances. He won't get his way on all things.
I'm so proud of my hometown and what it has become. Recall 'em all. Let's start over.
Bocephus View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bocephus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 07 2012 at 1:32pm

News flash .. Obama wont need congress for his agenda,hang on tight its gonna be a rough ride to the bottom folks Shocked now pucker up and bend over.

VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 07 2012 at 10:21am
Folks, it's not the end of the world as we know it, is it? After all, we made it through the Lyndon Johnson years, the Jimmy Carter years, the Richard Nixon years and the George W Bush two term era, right? Things looked bleak in some respects then too with the country going to hell in a handbasket.

Not to worry. In four years, the country will be tired of the Dems and will insist on a change back to the Repubs. Neither party retains the White House for 12 straight years. In four more years, everything will be right with the world as you will have your Republican President once again.

BUT WAIT!......That's not the problem. CONGRESS is the problem with the bickering gridlock and one-upsmanship crap going on, resulting in absolutely nothing being accomplished for the people. Changing the complexion of Congress is just as vital, if not more so, than changing Presidents.

As to the Middletown situation......we all know what is wrong and how to remedy the situation. Big obstacle though. It is a shame we can't convince enough people to outvote the MMF block and force them out, taking their city building people with them while seating decent candidates that care about our city.
I'm so proud of my hometown and what it has become. Recall 'em all. Let's start over.
digger-2 View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote digger-2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 07 2012 at 10:12am
Thank you, Acclaro.  Your posts are always well thought-out and to the point.  MUSA gains in credibility because of your commentary.
acclaro View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acclaro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 07 2012 at 9:07am
This is an American tragedy. A unqualified one term state senator that has spent billions on buying teachers and union thugs with free rock and rap concerts, vans shuttling latinos and blacks to vote for a black for restitution, and you get voter ignorance on economic theory, and woman worrying about their right to abort than job losses made this national Greek tragedy a reflection of daily cronyism in Middletown.

Caldwell Banker already taken signs off Senior Citizen property, as hypocritical RINO's bailed out the senior citizen center for helping get move Fenwick. This country and this city, are toast, gone. Putting self interests first, than decency and moral compass, has dire consequence. There is no rudder, no direction. What a disgrace an unconscionable display of voting on race, than applying intellectual, which quite apparently, no longer exists.

Disgraceful. Focus, leadership, and integrity is replaced by MTV, reality tv, lies are the new norm, and taking everything one can get now, rules.

Winning the battle, but losing the war. Middletown, Ohio, and the country jointly plunge over the cliff. I teach at Oxford in Business School once a week, when 50 percent of students that don't have jobs vote based upon the quality of a concert Obama has vs Romney with Kid Rock, it's apparent the country, Ohio, and Middletown are doomed for a dim future.

China will own the next 100 years. You blew it, get ready to ride over the cliff, it's over.

It's not apathy, it's stupidity and ignorance. The normal for 30 years in Middletown now embodies the country. Disgraceful.
'An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.' - Winston Churchill
Mike_Presta View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 07 2012 at 7:30am
Originally posted by wannaknow wannaknow wrote:

A sad day for America and Middletown. The people prove how gullible and brainless they are once again. Oh and big surprise . . .gas prices shot up this morning. Americans better brace themselves for what's coming up in the next 4 years.No hope for Middletown.
Yep...I noticed that gasoline, which had dropped suddenly after the first debate when it appeared that Obama might be in trouble, shot up 20 cents per gallon overnight last night!!!
How could he possibly have fooled that many people AGAIN???
“Mulligan said he ... doesn’t believe they necessarily make the return on investment necessary to keep funding them.” …The Middletown Journal, January 30, 2012
wannaknow View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wannaknow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 07 2012 at 7:00am
A sad day for America and Middletown. The people prove how gullible and brainless they are once again. Oh and big surprise . . .gas prices shot up this morning. Americans better brace themselves for what's coming up in the next 4 years.No hope for Middletown.
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 07 2012 at 6:22am
In the end, does it really matter who won? Obama isn't going to get too much done in the next four years and if Romney would have won, there would have been so much resistance to his changes, he wouldn't have accomplished much either. Doesn't matter who sits in the Presidency. The Congress is one big sandbox/cesspool, composed of children dressed up like adults in their little suits. There is one shovel and one pail for this sandbox and all the children we call politicians, from both sides of the aisle, want both the shovel and pail and will lie, cheat, steal, and secret backroom it, while the rest have nothing to play with in the sandbox. No sharing, no compromise, no cooperation, no doing the right thing for the people. Selfish, lying vermin, all of them, who, after the election, couldn't care two hoots about you or me. They got what they wanted and suckered all of us with their lies and bullsh... Too hell with all of them ( fed or local) until they all grow up. JMO

Oh, and I approved this frikkin' message by the way.
Mike_Presta View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 06 2012 at 11:58pm
DesiSmileys.com
“Mulligan said he ... doesn’t believe they necessarily make the return on investment necessary to keep funding them.” …The Middletown Journal, January 30, 2012
digger-2 View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote digger-2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 06 2012 at 10:55pm
VietVet, you did the right thing.
Bocephus View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bocephus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 06 2012 at 8:52pm
Originally posted by VietVet VietVet wrote:

Well, did something today that I haven't done since I started voting in the 60's. Yep, Mike P., I voted for a dam Republican, Please help me Lord for I may have made a major mistake. Dunno. Actually don't like either one of 'em.

If the Romney lad wins, I will give him the same chance the Repubs gave Bama in attempting to straighten this country out from the previous administration......3.5 years. Then, the criticizing starts, just as it has from the other side. Just as the Repub folks returned the favor on Bama when the Dems piled on W. Bush, the Dems should beat on Romney if he fails to lead. Never ending, never winnable, always partisan war, isn't it?   
ClapClap not real keen on any politician at this point but what we had for the last 4 years has been terrible in my opinion,just hope Romney can pull it off but I have a bad feeling that we may be stuck with obama Sleepy
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 06 2012 at 7:46pm
Well, did something today that I haven't done since I started voting in the 60's. Yep, Mike P., I voted for a dam Republican, Please help me Lord for I may have made a major mistake. Dunno. Actually don't like either one of 'em.

If the Romney lad wins, I will give him the same chance the Repubs gave Bama in attempting to straighten this country out from the previous administration......3.5 years. Then, the criticizing starts, just as it has from the other side. Just as the Repub folks returned the favor on Bama when the Dems piled on W. Bush, the Dems should beat on Romney if he fails to lead. Never ending, never winnable, always partisan war, isn't it?   
Bocephus View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bocephus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 06 2012 at 2:57pm
That is until the Republicans get off work LOLLOLLOL
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic