FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Better Journalism at the Journal

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
John Beagle View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Beagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Better Journalism at the Journal
    Posted: Nov 14 2012 at 8:49am
For years and years the Middletown Journal has shunned this website publically. Secretly I know they read it.

When I met with Journal reporters they were always nice, but they never mentioned info they got off this site in any of their stories. This is changing.

Now there is a new guy in town. His name is Michael Pitman. This new young buck of a journalist is a good writer AND he sees the value in social media. Since coming to town, Mr. Pitman has covered the local news and posted snippets and links to the full article on our websites, MainStreetMonroe.com's The Voice and this forum.

I say kudos to Michael for recognizing that the MiddletownUSA.com community has a information and opinions worth mentioning in your publication.

Clearly better journalism requires help from all the local communities, physical and on the web.

John Beagle

Middletown USA

News of, for and by the people of Middletown, Ohio.
Bocephus View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bocephus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 14 2012 at 11:35am
Does this mean we have to watch our Ps and Qs ? lol
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 14 2012 at 11:55am
I am both surprised and pleased that the new blood at the Journal has taken this approach. Surprised in that the Journal, for the past decade or so, has appeared to have taken the role as the newspaper representing only the city's side of things and it seemed they only reported what they were told to report by the city officials. Only "good news".

Now, perhaps......maybe.....they have taken an approach reflecting a more unbiased, less city stooge, objective journalism stance and will start publishing BOTH sides of the story. I don't know if the Journal will ever return to the quality it was decades ago. That's for the new blood to determine. They can chose getting both sides of the story or they can revert back to the old ways of having the city leaders standing on their necks. Spine or spineless. What will it be Journal?
I'm so proud of my hometown and what it has become. Recall 'em all. Let's start over.
acclaro View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acclaro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 14 2012 at 2:05pm
With all due respect, journalism generally requires a reference to the source, in this case, Marcia Andrew. That is what is important, the source, the context of the source is secondary. In the same article it discusses win-win, while ignoring the any investigation Service to how that wild assumption is supported. Moving others from school administration serves far greater purpose in levies than any derived financial benefit. Why did the school administration just move into the former First Financial building behind McDonalds?

'An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.' - Winston Churchill
over the hill View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote over the hill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Nov 24 2012 at 10:45am
cudos to MICHAEL PITTMAN FOR BEING ON TOP OF THE STORY ABOUT THE MIDDLETOWN AIRPORT THE PEOPLE NEED TO KNOW THESE THINGS ESPECIALLY THE BACK ROOM DEALS THAT SEEM SO PLENTIFUL LATELY
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic