FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Note to All Employees

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
John Beagle View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Beagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Note to All Employees
    Posted: Jan 08 2013 at 4:42pm
I just got this email from my accounting clerk, which I forwarded to my employees. I was wondering if any one else received an email like this.
------------------------------

Sent: Tuesday, January 08, 2013 3:40 PM
To: John Beagle
Subject: Payroll Taxes going up

Wanted to bring to your attention in case anyone questions it, the social security rate for 2013 is 6.2% (up from 4.2%).  This will result in a decrease in net pay.

I have attached the reports for check date 01/11/13.

Have a nice day,

Julie 

--------------------------------------------

I like how she spells it out for everyone...

"This will result in a decrease in net pay."

John Beagle

Middletown USA

News of, for and by the people of Middletown, Ohio.
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 08 2013 at 7:28pm
Just what this country needs to stimulate this lousy economy. LESS money in the old take home pay for everyone so that less money flows. Watch things slow down again with big ticket items taking a hit. Terrific. Hang 'em......hang 'em high.
I'm so proud of my hometown and what it has become. Recall 'em all. Let's start over.
Mike_Presta View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 08 2013 at 9:38pm
John and Vet:

WOW!!!  I didn't realize that you guys are among those making over $400,000/year!!!

LOL LOL LOL
“Mulligan said he ... doesn’t believe they necessarily make the return on investment necessary to keep funding them.” …The Middletown Journal, January 30, 2012
swohio75 View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swohio75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 08 2013 at 10:01pm
Didn't get an e-mail but there was a general notice posted on company intranet.  

This decrease should have never happened in the first place since it involved Social Security.  
Bocephus View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bocephus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 08 2013 at 11:53pm
Originally posted by swohio75 swohio75 wrote:

Didn't get an e-mail but there was a general notice posted on company intranet.  

This decrease should have never happened in the first place since it involved Social Security.  

I agree, they lowered this for 2010 and extended it again for 2011 they should have never messed with it in the first place they already stoled all the money from the SS fund now the crooks endangered it more by lowering the contributions and its all for political gain. What a bunch of crooked sobs.
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 09 2013 at 6:33am
Originally posted by Mike_Presta Mike_Presta wrote:

John and Vet:

WOW!!!  I didn't realize that you guys are among those making over $400,000/year!!!

LOL LOL LOL

Yep Mike......STRUTTIN' OUR STUFF AS HIGH ROLLERS BUD!!! It was my understanding that all paychecks would see a reduction in them starting soon. Perhaps I received the wrong info. Dunno. Now, on last nights evening news, they had a segment on about the insurance companies raising rates. Anthem, my carrier wants to raise them 26% in Ohio. Less in other states. If that happens, that's more out of my paycheck as my employer will immediately ask me to pay even more on my premium. I'm already paying over $300 per month for the wife and myself with Anthem for their best coverage. Between the government's SS program tax increase, and now the insurance companies wanting more, it will eliminate any raises I have received for the last 4-5 years. Same for everybody. Working man can't stay even nowadays, much less get ahead. I could quit working, become destitute, lose the house and cars, enroll in the low income social programs offered and leach off the taxpayer. Might beat working for a living and I'll recoup some of the money I've paid into the system for 46 years. But, of course, pride and looking at myself in the mirror still prevails. Self-dignity may be making us fools for the leaches.
I'm so proud of my hometown and what it has become. Recall 'em all. Let's start over.
spiderjohn View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiderjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 09 2013 at 7:39am
First your paycheck takes the SSI hit--
then tax rate increases
then a health care hit B4 Obamacare
Then another(and on your employer/or company later)
city--state--loss of deductions--fee increases--cost of goods increases

hold on tightly to whatever u have!
Mike_Presta View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jan 09 2013 at 10:10am
Vet and Spider,
You guys must be confused!!!
The president promised that no one's medical insurance costs would go up if the Affordable Health Care Act passed.  He said that the cost of health care would go DOWN!

And he promised that taxes would stay the SAME for everyone except those greedy rich guys making OVER $250K $400,000 per year.

Confused
“Mulligan said he ... doesn’t believe they necessarily make the return on investment necessary to keep funding them.” …The Middletown Journal, January 30, 2012
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic