Google+ and Facebook

Home | Yearly News Archive | Advertisers | Blog | Contact Us
Friday, April 19, 2024
FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Fiora resigns from board

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Vivian Moon View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivian Moon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Fiora resigns from board
    Posted: Mar 21 2013 at 10:40am

Fiora resigns from board

School board member Chris Fiora submitted his letter of resignation at the end of the meeting, effective Thursday. Andrew said she accepted Fiora’s resignation with “regret” and the board “is going to miss him.”

Fiora called serving on the board for six years “a privilege and honor.” He pointed toward the improvements the district has made during that time.

She said the board must appoint a replacement within 30 days, but not sooner than 10 days. She’d like to have a replacement appointed by April 8.

She said candidates must be at least 18 years old, live in the Middletown district and care about the public school system. His replacement would serve until the end of the school year, and run for re-election in November to serve his remaining two years. Resumes and a letter of interest may be sent to mandrew@middletowncityschools.com or dropped off at the district’s administration offices at 1515 Girard Ave.

swohio75 View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swohio75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 21 2013 at 11:02am
Property records show he's likely moving out of Middletown .
Stanky View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Stanky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 21 2013 at 11:10am
Go move to Mason or West Chester with the rest of the wine and cheese crowd. Sheep.
Vivian Moon View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Vivian Moon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 21 2013 at 11:11am

I'm sorry to see him leave the school board.

VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 21 2013 at 11:37am
Originally posted by swohio75 swohio75 wrote:

Property records show he's likely moving out of Middletown .

If true, then that opens the door to speculate with no proof whatsoever....

1. He has another job offer that requires relocation.

2. He is tired of the situation, both with the city and with the schools and just wants to "get away from it all".

3. A member of his family is stimulating the move.

4. He wants to upgrade his life with family included.

5. He's just smarter than the rest of us.

6. Just tired of being in the limelight as a school board member.

7. It's just flat out time to move on.

8. He wants to feel proud with regard to where he lives.

I thank you Mr. Fiora for your involvement on this site. It is refreshing to actually have discussion with an official who has the courage to talk about issues that concern those who really care about the city. That goes for Ms. Andrew also. I wish you well in your decision and respect your service to the schools.
I'm so proud of my hometown and what it has become. Recall 'em all. Let's start over.
swohio75 View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swohio75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 21 2013 at 12:35pm
Originally posted by Stanky Stanky wrote:

Go move to Mason or West Chester with the rest of the wine and cheese crowd. Sheep.
I believe exact location is Wetherington. 
LMAO View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LMAO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 21 2013 at 1:03pm
Thank you Mr.Fiora for your service while on the board and wish you the best of luck on whatever your plans are.
spiderjohn View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiderjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 21 2013 at 1:20pm
Mr.Fiora is a super person--nice wife also
Decided to move closer to their jobs
I will miss him as a person and a valued member of the school board

our loss
best to both of them!
Pacman View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pacman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 21 2013 at 8:19pm
Mr. Fiora was an excellent BOE member and will be missed. 

PacmanCool
Talking Heads View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Talking Heads Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 23 2013 at 9:32am

Mr. Fiora and his wife just want out of Middletown, as it has been said. Apparently it has nothing to do with being closer to his job, as the move will take him farther from his job. Don't think his wife works outside the home.

Chris Fiora View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Chris Fiora Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 25 2013 at 12:51pm
Thank you all for your kind words.  I tried my best to do what was right for the students and the citizens of Middletown while on the board.  I believe that we were able to make significant progress...though there is still a lot to do to get our schools back to where they need to be.

I have confidence in the board and in Sam Ison to continue to make progress on the three goals of increasing academic performance, improving climate and behavior and continuing to reduce cost while minimizing any impact on student programs.

I appreciated your unadulterated words on this forum and hope that all continue to speak out and support your beliefs.
John Beagle View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Beagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Mar 25 2013 at 1:13pm
Originally posted by Chris Fiora Chris Fiora wrote:

Thank you all for your kind words.  I tried my best to do what was right for the students and the citizens of Middletown while on the board.  I believe that we were able to make significant progress...though there is still a lot to do to get our schools back to where they need to be.

I have confidence in the board and in Sam Ison to continue to make progress on the three goals of increasing academic performance, improving climate and behavior and continuing to reduce cost while minimizing any impact on student programs.

I appreciated your unadulterated words on this forum and hope that all continue to speak out and support your beliefs.

Thanks Mr. Fiora for your service to the community. Best of luck in your new home. I hope we can find a replacement who cares about Middletown education as much as you do.

John Beagle

Middletown USA

News of, for and by the people of Middletown, Ohio.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic