FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Ohio Woman Deemed 'Too Fat to Tan'

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
arwendt View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote arwendt Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Ohio Woman Deemed 'Too Fat to Tan'
    Posted: Apr 22 2013 at 2:40pm
Something you don't see every day.. thankfully!

AKRON -- A woman was told she was too fat to tan at a Norton tanning salon.

Kelly McGrevey said she purchased a tanning package at Aloha Tanning in Norton on Monday after a quick tour of the salon.

When she returned to tan on Tuesday, McGrevey says the man working at Aloha at the time turned her away.

"He said, "Sorry, but I'm not going to let you tan today because we've just implemented a new policy where anyone over 230 pounds can't go in one of our beds,'" said McGrevey.

"I was just so shocked and embarrassed and humiliated."

Full story and video here.

“Sell not virtue to purchase wealth, nor Liberty to purchase power.” Benjamin Franklin - More at my Words of Freedom website.
Vivian Moon View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivian Moon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 23 2013 at 12:15pm
I believe that IKEA had a problem several years ago when their furniture would not support the weight of heavy customers that purchased their furniture. Therefore they now have to place max weight on the tags of their furniture.
John Beagle View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Beagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 23 2013 at 3:00pm
Maybe tanning rates should be based on surface area tanning.Wacko
John Beagle

Middletown USA

News of, for and by the people of Middletown, Ohio.
Bocephus View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bocephus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 23 2013 at 3:59pm

230lbs isn't that heavy maybe they have other reasons for keeping chubby people out ?

Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic