FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Engine Braking & Noise Enforcement?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
ktf1179 View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ktf1179 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Engine Braking & Noise Enforcement?
    Posted: Apr 30 2013 at 8:13am
Whatever happened with the engine braking ban, and noise ordinances in Middletown? Everyday I hear engine braking along Ohio 122, & Dixie Hwy, and the sound of constant street racers all over the area.

Law Department
Thursday, February 02, 2012 8:57:45 AM - Middletown Ohio

From Acting City Manager Les Landen

Pilot Project: Engine-braking. The City will be implementing a pilot program to deal with the negative effects of engine-braking on truck routes near residential areas. The City will post signs prohibiting the practice and enforce the ordinance if trucks are observed by an officer engaging in the practice. Engine-braking is a method of slowing a tractor-trailer engine without using brakes. It produces a very loud noise. The City has had many complaints regarding the practice.

Vivian Moon View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivian Moon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 30 2013 at 11:35am
KTF129
If they enforced this law they would need to hire a full time policeman just to sit at the corner of Woodlawn and University Blvd at the entrance to Cohen Bros writing tickets all day long,..
LOL

VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 30 2013 at 12:47pm
The city has steel trucks, day and night, on 122 and Roosevelt, coming and going to the Wicoff gate. Not a good idea to tick off the truckers hauling AK steel. Also not a good idea ticking off your largest employer messing with the transportation of their coils. Don't mess with the few employers who are left in town.
I'm so proud of my hometown and what it has become. Recall 'em all. Let's start over.
ktf1179 View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ktf1179 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 30 2013 at 1:23pm
I can understand engine braking in the mountains or at highway speeds. But is it really needed when the speed limit is 45 mph or less, in the City of Middletown? If you are going to attract people to this city, they need to get serious about the noise pollution in this town, not just trucks but cars and motorcycles. 

Bocephus View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bocephus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 04 2013 at 7:36pm
when trying to stop a loaded truck with 80,000 pounds (gross) some times just the regular brakes wont stop you and the jake break or engine break is needed. but I think the younger generation of drivers show a lack of respect 
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic