FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

New Jimmy Johns? Possible

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
ktf1179 View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ktf1179 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: New Jimmy Johns? Possible
    Posted: May 08 2013 at 1:03pm
I just e-mailed Jimmy Johns about if they are going to open up a location in Middletown, here is what they said.

"Thanks for the suggestion!

We have identified Middletown as a place we want to have a store, but we don’t have a franchisee for the market yet.

If you or anyone you know are interested in opening a JJ’s there, please let me know. I would love to talk to you/them about the opportunity.

Thanks!

Mallory Haas
Franchise Sales 
Jimmy John's
2212 Fox Drive
Champaign, IL 61820
Tel: 800.546.6904
Fax: 217.359.2956"

So if you know anyone willing to become a franchisee then we could have a Middletown Jimmy Johns Smile

VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2013 at 1:50pm
AND A FRANCHISE WOULD COST HOW MUCH?

AND BASED ON THE COST TO BUY A JJ 'S FRANCHISE, HOW LONG WOULD IT TAKE TO RECOUP THAT COST BASED ON THE AVAILABILITY OF PATRONAGE TO SUPPLY THE MONEY FOR PAYBACK?

WHAT DOES JJ'S OFFER THAT WOULD APPEAL TO A DEMOGRAPHIC BREAKOUT LIKE MIDDLETOWN?

I'm so proud of my hometown and what it has become. Recall 'em all. Let's start over.
itsamee View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote itsamee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2013 at 2:32pm
Vet, 
Not sure of all the numbers, but when I worked up in dayton, JJ's was a great deal due to a relatively low cost sub and sides as well as VERY fast delivery.  I think it would be a legit option for many in town (especially businesses).

You know, as you asked, if the price was right and a franchise could be sold here.  
Itsa me, mario!
spiderjohn View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiderjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2013 at 3:21pm
Possibly in the new strip center on the former Pierson property @ Nelbar and Verity with the new version of CVS as the anchor?
Have heard that fast food will be a theme there.

What about a 5 Guys or Smashburger?
409 View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 409 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2013 at 3:42pm
Originally posted by spiderjohn spiderjohn wrote:

What about a 5 Guys or Smashburger?
I would like to see one of these if this city could support it !
I'm partial to Smashburger.
Bocephus View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bocephus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 08 2013 at 8:40pm
been telling my wife for years that I think that cici would do well in middletown with our demographics .
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2013 at 6:17am
Never tried Smashburger. Like a Wendy's or Rally's?

Cici's, with their low cost buffet pizza concept, would probably do well in Middletown. Golden Corral seems to do well but, then again, they pull from the I-75 traffic too. Speaking of Golden Corral, son and I went in the other day to try their new wings. Hadn't been in there since 2005 when we came back from Tucson. Mercy, the prices have shot up a tad bit, haven't they?
I'm so proud of my hometown and what it has become. Recall 'em all. Let's start over.
ktf1179 View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ktf1179 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2013 at 8:36am
Smashburger is right across the Dayton mall on 725. It is more of a sit down restaurant, where you can create your own custom hamburgers. 

The reason I would like to see Jimmy Johns, is well when I eat Penn Station I end up with my stomach bothering me later. Subway never puts on enough meat on it's sandwiches, and plus I got burned out on them when I went to Wright State. 

I am not a big fan of Cici's it is too much like Golden Corral where people let their kids touch everything, and run wild.

I also think a Chipotle would be a nice addition to the existing Hot Hear Burrito.

I would also like to see a Cold Stone Creamery, or a Dairy Queen open up, since Middletown has maybe only one ice cream shop that I know of in town.

Finally I would love to see a Chick-a-filet re-open a new place out side of the mall where people can drive through and get their chicken fix, besides KFC. 

But I see these type up higher end restaurants actually doing well on the east end of town near I-75 especially with the local high school / college students, and the people staying in hotels not from this area. They definitely should not go into downtown Middletown, unless Cincinnati State try to make downtown an urban hangout for it's students. That is the only way Downtown Middletown would come back is with the 20-30 year old crowd wanting to live in city centers near their classes. 

itsamee View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote itsamee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2013 at 8:51am
Downtown I would like to see some sort of mexican food place (like a Vera Cruze) to add some spice to the area.  As for by the highway, a GOOD wing place. I understand a BW3 went under some years ago, but dang, can we get an option besides frickers? (no offense to frickers, just would like some more variety).

Itsa me, mario!
ktf1179 View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ktf1179 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2013 at 9:04am
Tell me about it Fircker's is not a nice place to eat, and has a lot of rough and rowdy people their. I can' t count how many times I have seen cops their. 
409 View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 409 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2013 at 9:44am
Originally posted by VietVet VietVet wrote:

Never tried Smashburger. Like a Wendy's or Rally's?

Angus beef burgers & etc.
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2013 at 11:37am
So more of a "Red Robin" kind of place with the gourmet burgers. Gotta bow out on this.......that "gourmet" food is more suited for your high rollers like the Spider and Michael "Dos Equis" Presta.
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 09 2013 at 11:48am
ktf......"I would also like to see a Cold Stone Creamery, or a Dairy Queen open up, since Middletown has maybe only one ice cream shop that I know of in town"

We already had our shot with a Dairy Queen. Was where White Castle is now. Right before Dairy Queen closed, it was a health hazzard. Ice cream and food all over the floor. Place very dirty. Blizzards were made with the cup half empty. Really poor service. Gotta go to Carlisle or Springboro for Dairy Queen now.

"I am not a big fan of Cici's it is too much like Golden Corral where people let their kids touch everything, and run wild."

Yep, kids touching everything and running wild........kinda mirrors the theme and image of the city they have created, doesn't it as to the new breed of clientele they have brought in to occupy a once proud city. Definetely downgraded from a few decades ago. Heck of a price to pay for some fed bucks.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic