FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Scandal politics are sweeping Capitol Hill

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
John Beagle View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Beagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Scandal politics are sweeping Capitol Hill
    Posted: May 14 2013 at 9:35am
Just days after news broke that the IRS targeted conservative nonprofits, Speaker John Boehner’s House committees will morph into mock courtrooms where the White House will be the defendant in what amounts to a number of high-stakes political trials.

The most recent scandal to grip the Obama administration came Monday evening, when The Associated Press disclosed that the Justice Department sought its reporters’ phone records — including those of correspondents who sit in the Capitol. Within hours, House Republicans vowed to investigate. To make things worse for President Barack Obama, Attorney General Eric Holder is scheduled to be on Capitol Hill Wednesday for a House Judiciary Committee hearing.

Read more: http://www.politico.com/story/2013/05/scandal-politics-sweep-capitol-hill-91297.html#ixzz2TH2RMdSU
John Beagle

Middletown USA

News of, for and by the people of Middletown, Ohio.
Libertarian View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Libertarian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 14 2013 at 9:53am
Say what you will about Mitt Romney and John McCain.  At least these two presidential candidates were honest, not to mention competent.  And, we would not have a rapidly growing Federal deficit if either/both of them were/are in office.

My hope is that the left-leaning positions of NBC, ABC and CBS are FINALLY starting to change due to the growing number of unsavory Hussein Obamama scandals that are coming to light.  May 2014 be a time when off-year Congressional elections produce honest, conservative change.  A Republican majority in the Senate would be a refreshing development.

I wonder if such stellar broadcast journalists (misfits) like the Rev. Al Sharpton and Rachel Maddow will continue to saturate the airwaves with their putrid liberal (censored)?  We can only hope........NOT.

Thank you, John.
ktf1179 View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ktf1179 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 14 2013 at 10:01am
Don't forget to include all the instances of Voter fraud so far in Cincinnati, and maybe across the state. Maybe the results for Romney would have been closer.  I am thinking we are starting  to see the process towards a possible impeachment of the president.
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 14 2013 at 10:25am
Originally posted by Libertarian Libertarian wrote:

Say what you will about Mitt Romney and John McCain.  At least these two presidential candidates were honest, not to mention competent.  And, we would not have a rapidly growing Federal deficit if either/both of them were/are in office.

My hope is that the left-leaning positions of NBC, ABC and CBS are FINALLY starting to change due to the growing number of unsavory Hussein Obamama scandals that are coming to light.  May 2014 be a time when off-year Congressional elections are held.  A Republican majority in the Senate would be a refreshing change.

I wonder if such stellar broadcast journalists (misfits) like the Rev. Al Sharpton and Rachel Maddow will continue to saturate the airwaves with their putrid liberal (censored)?  We can only hope........NOT.

Thank you, John.

Let's see Libertarian........Actually, we will never know how "honest" nor "competent" Mitt Romney would have been. Still "TBD". Got alot of baggage from his private employment life. McCain has been a disappointment within his own party. I question your competency claim for McCain and offer the selection of Sarah Palin as his VP as evidence. Poor choice as she only appealed to a small percentage of the nation. McCain has also been super critical at times without offering any solutions of his own. I believe his time is done in his own party. Shouldn't be a major player any longer. Alot of folks becoming increasingly more disenchanted with him in his home state of Arizona also.

The major networks along with CNN and MSNBC will always be left leaning and partial to the Dems. Sad to see. It's not all one-sided either. The Repubs have FOX. They aren't exactly impartial either. Listen to all and the truth is somewhere in the middle would be my guess.

A "Republican majority in the Senate would be a change"......Doesn't matter. Neither party gives the people what they want nor need. Both parties are totally detached from the general populace IMO. Neither listens to the people after elected.

Al Sharpton...Jesse Jackson....champions for their own. Never see them defend anyone outside their ethnic group. Just show up for the photo opts. In it for their own self egos and nothing more. JMO

Putrid is a viable descriptor for both parties, not just the Dems. Diehard members of either party aren't doing themselves any favors by believing only one party......or either party. How about an Independent, picking out select good points about each party and discarding the garbage from each. Never going to get a decent rep. They can't survive in Washington( or state and local level either). The "most honest crook" is the best we're going to get IMO.
I'm so proud of my hometown and what it has become. Recall 'em all. Let's start over.
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Libertarian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 14 2013 at 2:20pm
Let's see Viet Vet..........

You don't think that the state of national affairs would have been better if McCain had won in 2008 and Romney in 2012?  We wouldn't have two new liberal Supreme Court justices (Kagan plus Sotomayor) if Hussein Obamama had been defeated.  We wouldn't have the Obamacare looming disaster if we had a Republican senate and president.  We wouldn't have State Department and IRS scandals with Republicans at the helm.  We wouldn't have $1,000,000,000 Federal deficits annually with Republicans in the majority.

You appear to be disilusioned by most everything.  Cheer up!  I believe that we will experience a return to sanity with the 2014 off-year Congressional elections.  Our dear country has veered far, far too much to the left thanks to Obama, Biden, Hillary, Pelosi, etc.

Without hope you have nothing.
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 14 2013 at 3:47pm
"You don't think that the state of national affairs would have been better if McCain had won in 2008 and Romney in 2012?"

ACTUALLY, I VOTED FOR ROMNEY LAST ELECTION. FIRST TIME I HAVE EVER VOTED FOR A REPUBLICAN SINCE I BEGAN VOTING DECADES AGO. DON'T LIKE OBAMA'S STANCE ON GUN OWNERSHIP, GIVING ILLEGALS RIGHTS, NOR HIS APPARENT THINKING OF PLACING THE WANTS AND NEEDS OF THE MINORITIES OVER THE WANTS AND NEEDS OF THE MAJORITY.

"We wouldn't have the Obamacare looming disaster if we had a Republican senate and president".....

MAYBE NOT, BUT WE WOULD HAVE ANOTHER FORM OF "LOOMING DISASTER" IF WE HAD REPUBLICANS. DOESN'T MATTER WHICH PARTY......BOTH ARE GUILTY IN THE THEME OF ABUSING CERTAIN SEGMENTS OF THE AMERICAN POPULATION. AGAIN, NEITHER PARTY WILL DO THE RIGHT THING AFTER BEING ELECTED. YOU SEEM TO BE THINKING ON THE CONSERVATIVE RIGHT MORESO THAN IN THE MIDDLE.

"We wouldn't have $1,000,000,000 Federal deficits annually with Republicans in the majority".

UHH, DIDN'T W BUSH LEAVE THE COUNTRY WITH A SIGNIFICANT DEFICIT? BOTH PARTIES ARE GUILTY OF THAT. AGAIN, SUGGEST LOOKING AT BOTH PARTIES WITH FACTS AND NOT SO MUCH EMOTION.

"You appear to be disilusioned by most everything"

YEP! KINDA THE WAY IT'S BEEN GOING FOR MY FAMILY THE LAST 3+ YEARS. YOU WOULD NEED TO UNDERSTAND MY CIRCUMSTANCES AND YOU WOULD REALIZE WHY I FEEL THIS WAY. WON'T GO INTO DETAILS HERE.

"Cheer up!"

NEED A REASON.

"I believe that we will experience a return to sanity with the 2014 off-year Congressional elections"

THERE IS A BIT OF AN OXYMORON IN YOUR STATEMENT. NO SUCH THING AS A RETURN TO SANITY WHEN DISCUSSING CONGRESS, WASHINGTON OR POLITICS IN GENERAL.

"Our dear country has veered far, far too much to the left thanks to Obama, Biden, Hillary, Pelosi, etc."

YEP. TOO KINDER/ GENTLER. TOO MANY HANDOUTS. TOO MANY PEOPLE TOO RELIANT ON GOVERNMENT TO POWDER THEIR BEHINDS FOR THEM. NO MORE YEARS OF TAXPAYER HANDOUT FREEBIES.
I'm so proud of my hometown and what it has become. Recall 'em all. Let's start over.
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Libertarian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 14 2013 at 4:54pm
I am told that your wife has significant medical challenges and that you are her 24/7 primary caregiver.  Therefore, it is understandable that you may feel overwhelmed and saddened because of your wife's circumstances.  GOD bless your wife, you and yours.
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 15 2013 at 6:23am

I am told that your wife has significant medical challenges and that you are her 24/7 primary caregiver.  Therefore, it is understandable that you may feel overwhelmed and saddened because of your wife's circumstances.  GOD bless your wife, you and yours.

NOT SO MUCH SADDENED AS ANGRY. LIFE PRETTY MUCH SUCKS FOR US RIGHT NOW. DON'T KNOW IF GOD WILL BLESS US. SEEMS BENT ON DESTRUCTION RIGHT NOW. DON'T UNDERSTAND WHY. SOMETIMES I CURSE HIM.....SOMETIMES I THANK HIM. DUNNO WHAT TO THINK ANYMORE.
Mike_Presta View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 15 2013 at 12:19pm

Vet,

There is no accounting for why tragedies happen to good people.  You just have to accept the things that you cannot change.

Keep doing what you are doing.  That is, carry on with dignity; accept help when you need it from wherever it is available; laugh when you can, as much as you can;  find moments of peace and joy, even if they are few and fleeting.
“Mulligan said he ... doesn’t believe they necessarily make the return on investment necessary to keep funding them.” …The Middletown Journal, January 30, 2012
LMAO View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LMAO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 15 2013 at 10:23pm
Originally posted by Mike_Presta Mike_Presta wrote:

Vet,

There is no accounting for why tragedies happen to good people.  You just have to accept the things that you cannot change.

Keep doing what you are doing.  That is, carry on with dignity; accept help when you need it from wherever it is available; laugh when you can, as much as you can;  find moments of peace and joy, even if they are few and fleeting.

Amen Mike. Vet,we all get frustrated and lash out but the good men upstairs knows that. I dont know you personally but have read your comments about your wife.Takes a strong man to do it and guess what,God is right there by yours and your son's side.There is a verse in the bible that says something like,god dont give us to much that we cant handle.Not a church going man but I do believe there is a God and when times get bad you look up to the sky and have a conversation with Him.Smile
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 16 2013 at 6:15am
Thank all of you folks for caring enough to comment. Like all people under stress, my son and I do have our moments when we just run out of gas, throw our hands up in the air and say "is this all there is in life". Then, we regroup and just keep going because we have no other choice. I'll tell you one thing, after doing what caregivers do, on a daily basis for three+ years, if they aren't making at least 20 bucks an hour, they ain't makin' enough. I imagine caregiving is one of the most underappreciated jobs around. It is truely a job everyone should do for a month or two to see what it takes to accomplish the tasks.......and learning patience.......mercy, it forces you to if you are typically impatient. We have our verbal battles occasionally in our house. It ain't a pretty sight. Then, as quickly as the verbal assaults happen, is as quickly as they end because we all need to just keep moving forward with the care. No time to have it linger. The anger, yelling and screaming is actually an emotional release at times.

Again, thanks for the encouragement.
John Beagle View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Beagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 16 2013 at 8:36am
Holder Doesn't Follow the Rules, Insults Issa

John Beagle

Middletown USA

News of, for and by the people of Middletown, Ohio.
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Libertarian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 16 2013 at 9:26am
Mr. Holder is one of Hussein Obamama's bros.  He is an "Entitled" one who often plays the race card.
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 16 2013 at 10:23am

Mr. Holder is one of Hussein Obamama's bros.  He is an "Entitled" one who often plays the race card.

You have made it quite clear that you are not enamored with the Dems and, in particular, the Obama administration. Just curious.... is there anything/anyone you dislike about/within the Republican Party? Did W Bush do anything wrong during his eight years?

I agree with you on people who constantly choose to play the race card to get leverage toward getting their way. Disgusting, especially if it is constantly being allowed to happen and worse yet, is becoming an acceptable practice in our society.
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Libertarian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 16 2013 at 4:02pm
I consider myself to be a constitutional conservative first and foremost.  I admire and respect U.S. Senate members like Marco Rubio, R-FL, Ted Cruz, R-TX, John Corker, R-TN plus Rand Paul, R-KY.  I do not care for Charles Schumer, Barbara Boxer, and other like-minded Democrats in the U.S. Senate.

As for the Republican party, they, too have made their share of mistakes.  That is why I like to categorize myself as a constitutional Libertarian in many respects.  However, unlike some of them, I do believe in the sanctity of life plus freedom of religion.

When comparing all alternatives, I believe that Rob Portman, John Kasich and John Boehner are more in line with my beliefs.  I hope that this response satisfies your questions/concerns.

In any event, what is happening under Obama is an insult to the framers of our constitution plus bill of rights.
lrisner View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lrisner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2013 at 3:51pm

I consider myself to be a constitutional conservative first and foremost.  I admire and respect U.S. Senate members like Marco Rubio, R-FL, Ted Cruz, R-TX, John Corker, R-TN plus Rand Paul, R-KY.  I do not care for Charles Schumer, Barbara Boxer, and other like-minded Democrats in the U.S. Senate.

As for the Republican party, they, too have made their share of mistakes.  That is why I like to categorize myself as a constitutional Libertarian in many respects.  However, unlike some of them, I do believe in the sanctity of life plus freedom of religion.

When comparing all alternatives, I believe that Rob Portman, John Kasich and John Boehner are more in line with my beliefs.  I hope that this response satisfies your questions/concerns.

In any event, what is happening under Obama is an insult to the framers of our constitution plus bill of rights.

Dear friend, the concept of Libertarianism is one even I like, but common sense tells anyone willing to think, that it is ridiculous and unworkable in modern society.

As to strict Constitutional views, I also lean that way. However, almost ALWAYS people such as yourself only lean that way when it fits what you want. The "Heroes" you mentioned certainly all do selectively adherence to strict Constitutional views.

A real Constitutionalist will fight to death to ensure the rights of his most diehard enemy. I dare say I believe you would bail as soon as some Political advantage for your 'side" arose from the 'bending" of some Constitutional principal.

MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Libertarian Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 18 2013 at 10:31pm
Your "judge and jury" mentality speaks volumes about your credibility and fair-mindedness.

What have you done for Middletown lately?
lrisner View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote lrisner Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 19 2013 at 7:58pm

Your "judge and jury" mentality speaks volumes about your credibility and fair-mindedness.

What have you done for Middletown lately?

Lived here my whole life and paid more City Taxes than 99% of the people who lived here during my residency.

As to fair minded, my views would fall smack in the middle of the Bell Curve. I dare you to suggest YOUR'S would be any where other than in the outer end. Sad to say however, the Curve today would be upside down and that does not make me feel a lot confidence for what the future might hold. No stable Society can last long when that  upended curve exists.

Sounds to me that I have done my share.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic