FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

McCain's VP pick lands in Middletown?

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
swohio75 View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swohio75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: McCain's VP pick lands in Middletown?
    Posted: Aug 29 2008 at 8:57am

As the political community turned desperate for any clues, speculation moved toward several darkhorse candidates including Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin, the so-called "hockey mom" credited with reforms of her out-of-the-way state.

A Gulfstream IV from Anchorage, Alaska, flew into Middletown Regional Airport in Butler County near Cincinnati about 10:15 p.m. Thursday, said Rich Bevis, airport manager. He said several people came off the plane, including a woman and two teens, but there was no confirmation of who was aboard.

"They were pretty much hustled off. They came right down the ramp, jumped in some vans here and off they went," Bevis said. "It was all hush, hush."

Middletown News View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Middletown News Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 29 2008 at 10:11am
It was someone else, she is still in Alaska.
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 29 2008 at 10:11am
How nice!- So much for airport security and scrutiny.I guess it goes like this at our "open air market" type airport- " Somebody came to our airport after hours, but I really don't know who it was, they didn't identify themselves, when they were due, what flight plan they had, if they would need fuel, or how many were in the arriving party" and, "we didn't approach them to ask". "I really don't know who's coming and going at my airport". Wouldn't it be important to have some indication of security at the airport or is there nothing there worth protecting? Perhaps have a rent-a-cop? Is the airport manned 24/7? Just asking.
John Beagle View Drop Down
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Beagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 29 2008 at 11:31am
I wouldn't be so quick to rule out that the good governor was indeed at Hook Field. You never know and for national security reasons, we might never know.
John Beagle

Middletown USA

News of, for and by the people of Middletown, Ohio.
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Beagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 29 2008 at 11:32am
BREAKING NEWS ON WCPO
Alaska Governor Sarah Palin has been chosen as Republican John McCain's choice for Vice-President.

One report states a jet carrying Palin touched down this morning at an airport in Middletown.
John Beagle

Middletown USA

.308 View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote .308 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 29 2008 at 12:18pm

VieVet,

Are those Jackboots you are wearing today?

LOL
MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Beagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 29 2008 at 1:40pm

Confirmed today: A Gulfstream IV from Anchorage, Alaska, flew into Middletown Regional Airport in Butler County near Cincinnati about 10:15 p.m. Thursday, said Rich Bevis, airport manager in photo.
John Beagle

Middletown USA

MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Beagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 29 2008 at 1:41pm

Channel 9 News was there.
John Beagle

Middletown USA

MUSA Official
MUSA Official

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote John Beagle Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 29 2008 at 1:43pm

No sign of Vice Presidential Candidate Sarah Palin
John Beagle

Middletown USA

VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 30 2008 at 9:07am
Jungle boots- Just asking a question out of curiosity- How did Channel 9 know who was on that aircraft, but OUR airport personnel apparently didn't have a clue? It doesn't give me a warm fuzzy feeling about the airport operations competence level/surveillance, that's all. I'd like to know who was coming and going ,under these circumstances, if I was the airport manager, wouldn't you? OR- am I wrong in asking for a little common sense to prevail here?
swohio75 View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote swohio75 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 30 2008 at 4:16pm
It would appear that Channel 9 didn't know until after the fact. She flew in at 10:15 p.m. Thursday night and stayed at The Manchester under an assumed name.    The Channel 9 crew is there during the daylight. Probably the following morning when news reports started to surface.

The airport manager didn't really breach any security protocol.   The news reports didn't surface with his comments until early the following more after she landed. From news reports, It seemed that he was aware of the flight and the flight plan.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic