Google+ and Facebook

Home | Yearly News Archive | Advertisers | Blog | Contact Us
Thursday, March 28, 2024
FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

State Aid for schools

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: State Aid for schools
    Posted: Jul 05 2013 at 9:02am
blue7:

"What? You mean like better test scores?"

YEP

"When was the last time you were in a school?"

IN THE 80'S

"Do you have any grandkids or children that go to Middletown schools?"

NOPE

"Do you like anything?"

YEP....LOGIC, COMMON SENSE, COMPETENCE, REAL LEADERSHIP, MIDDLETOWN THE WAY IT WAS DECADES AGO, PEOPLE WHO DON'T BS THE PUBLIC, PEOPLE WHO DON'T ACCEPT MEDIOCRE RESULTS AND VOTE NO ON LEVIES......

"Tax the crap out of people and make them pass it down to renters and those grumpy greedy seniors who won't vote to keep my kids in good schools."

YOUR KIDS AREN'T IN GOOD SCHOOLS IF THEY GO TO MIDDLETOWN. THERE SHOULD BE NO ONE WHO IS "TAXED THE CRAP OUT OF" UNTIL YOUR SCHOOLS START SHOWING A FASTER PACE OF IMPROVEMENT. NONE OF US, SCHOOL SUPPORTERS AND NON-SCHOOL SUPPORTERS, ARE GETTING A GOOD RETURN FOR ALL THE LEVIES THAT HAVE BEEN APPROVED SINCE THE 80'S. TO KEEP PLOWING MONEY INTO MIDD. SCHOOLS AND TO KEEP READING WHERE THEY ARE AT THE BOTTOM OF THE LIST IN ACHIEVEMENT IS FUTILE. DON'T WE ALL DESERVE BETTER FOR OUR MONEY?

"Yeah let's stick it to the man and show them how we feel. You know, the man that might want to move his potential workforce here. How's that working out for us? Oh it's not."

THAT'S RIGHT, IT'S NOT. FEW COMPANIES ARE GOING TO COME TO MIDDLETOWN RIGHT NOW AND SET UP SHOP. TOO MUCH CRIME. TAXES FOR EVERYONE INCLUDING COMPANIES ARE TOO HIGH. THE DREADED LOW INCOME/SECTION 8 STIGMA ATTACHED TO THE CITY NOW WITH THE REPUTATION OF A HARD WORKING/SKILLED MANUFACTURING TOWN LONG GONE, ALL COURTESY OF YOUR LOCAL COUNCIL, MMF AND CITY LEADERS FOR THE LAST FOUR DECADES.

"People like me who pay high property taxes and kids that get high test scores will just continue to send our kids to private school."

WE ALL PAY HIGH PROPERTY TAXES. YOU ARE ONE OF THE LUCKY ONES WHO CAN SEND THE KIDS TO A PRIVATE SCHOOL. MOST ARE TOO POOR IN THIS TOWN TO DO THAT. THE SENIOR CENTER IS A NICE FACILITY WITH THE POTENTIAL TO AFFECT MANY PEOPLE AS THE COMMUNITY GROWS OLDER, BUT ANOTHER FINANCIAL DEBACLE. TOO BAD EVERYTHING THE CITY TOUCHES TURNS INTO A CLUSTER.
I'm so proud of my hometown and what it has become. Recall 'em all. Let's start over.
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 05 2013 at 8:28am
Originally posted by chmoore1 chmoore1 wrote:

As a public service, I'll save everyone some headaches and post this for everyone's future use: for August, 2013: 6 out of 26 indicators; September: 6 out of 26 indicators; October: 6 out of 26 indicators; November: 6 out of 26 indicators; December: 6 out of 26 indicators; January, 2014: 6 out of 26 indicators; February: 6 out of 26 indicators; March: 6 out of 26 indicators; April: 6 out of 26 indicators; May: 6 out of 26 indicators.  There, we have the entire school year covered. Now, VV can just cut-and-paste this phrase anytime he needs it for his posts during the next school year. Should save some time in his upcoming posts.  chmoore

NICE SHOT MOORE. UNTIL YOUR SCHOOL SYSTEM CHANGES THE NUMBERS, I'LL KEEP REMINDING PEOPLE WHY IT'S A WASTE OF MONEY TO APPROVE A LEVY. THANKS, BY THE WAY, FOR YOUR INFO AND THE IDEA TO CUT AND PASTE FOR NEXT YEAR. KEEP THE FAITH FOR SCHOOL IMPROVEMENT. YOU'LL NEED IT.
I'm so proud of my hometown and what it has become. Recall 'em all. Let's start over.
chmoore1 View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chmoore1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 05 2013 at 1:05am
As a public service, I'll save everyone some headaches and post this for everyone's future use: for August, 2013: 6 out of 26 indicators; September: 6 out of 26 indicators; October: 6 out of 26 indicators; November: 6 out of 26 indicators; December: 6 out of 26 indicators; January, 2014: 6 out of 26 indicators; February: 6 out of 26 indicators; March: 6 out of 26 indicators; April: 6 out of 26 indicators; May: 6 out of 26 indicators.  There, we have the entire school year covered. Now, VV can just cut-and-paste this phrase anytime he needs it for his posts during the next school year. Should save some time in his upcoming posts.  chmoore
blue7 View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote blue7 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 04 2013 at 9:44pm
What? You mean like better test scores? When was the last time you were in a school? Do you have any grandkids or children that go to Middletown schools? Do you like anything? I'll vote for schools, seniors and mental health. Heck i'd vote for roads at this point. Maybe we should make it more expensive to live here. Tax the crap out of people and make them pass it down to renters and those grumpy greedy seniors who won't vote to keep my kids in good schools.

Yeah let's stick it to the man and show them how we feel. You know, the man that might want to move his potential workforce here. How's that working out for us? Oh it's not. Remember Middletown 20/20 with better roads? Yeah we showed council. You're going to be left with a bunch of Dollar Stores and Sec 8 landlords if you aren't careful. People like me who pay high property taxes and kids that get high test scores will just continue to send our kids to private school. But you'll have that glorious Senior Center.
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 03 2013 at 9:51am
Journal story....

Butler County schools to receive boost from state

In Middletown, school officials are welcoming an increase in state funding over the next two years. Middletown is slated for an additional $1.7 million in 2014 and $3.1 million in 2015 — bringing state support up to $32.3 million by 2015.

“The small increase in state funds for the district over the next two years is welcome to counteract the loss of federal funds and to rebuild cash reserves that have been depleted in recent years, despite the many expenses that we have cut out of our budget over the last three years,” said Marcia Andrew, Middletown school board president.

The Middletown district is preparing for a 10 percent drop — or $600,000 less — in federal support for the 2013-14 school year, said Kelley Thorpe, Middletown treasurer. An additional 6 percent cut is possible by the end of the year for programs including special education and Limited English Proficiency.

WITH THE 1.7 MIL COMING TO THE MIDD. SCHOOLS, AND THE $600,000 LOSS, THEY ARE STILL OPERATING IN THE BLACK. THEREFORE, THERE SHOULDN'T BE A NEED FOR A LEVY FOR AWHILE, CORRECT?

Middletown’s state share would have increased from $40 million (26 percent) to $80 million (52 percent). The school board in late June approved the next steps toward placing a measure on the November ballot, to support plans to build a new middle school and renovate the high school.

Middletown voters will likely be asked to support a $55 million bond issue, after the veto by Kasich removed the option for a $17.5 million bond issue.

“Now, the only track still in play is a potential bond levy for $55 million,” Andrew said. “When the auditor returns the resolution to us certifying the amount of millage necessary to raise $55 million, the board will vote on whether to put that bond levy on the November ballot to fund a new middle school and a renovated high school.”

HOPEFULLY, THE VOTERS WHO VOTED YES FOR THE LAST 45 MIL BOND LEVY FOR THE ELEMENTARY SCHOOL PROJECTS WILL CHANGE THEIR MINDS CONSIDERING THE RESULTS COMING FROM THE NEW SCHOOLS........HOPEFULLY.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic