FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Awnings

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
409 View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote 409 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Awnings
    Posted: Jul 30 2013 at 11:09pm
New awnings went up at PAC today.
Colorful.....

Mike_Presta View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 31 2013 at 1:44am
DesiSmileys.com  DesiSmileys.com  DesiSmileys.com

BWA HA HA HA!!!

I love it!!! 

Where are all of the artsy-phartsy types that were telling us how putrid and low-brow these colors were a few years ago???

Will they be singing the same tune now that their precious PAC has adopted the very same color scheme???

What will the HISTORIC COMMISSION have to say about this???  Have they already issued their oh-so-important "certificate of appropriateness"???  (I'm certain that this is the same exact color scheme that was used here in our "historic downtown" back in the olden days!!!)
“Mulligan said he ... doesn’t believe they necessarily make the return on investment necessary to keep funding them.” …The Middletown Journal, January 30, 2012
Bocephus View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bocephus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 31 2013 at 3:28am
I want to know where the taco carts are?
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 31 2013 at 6:57am
The colors remind me of a Gatorade display. I think I like the car hood idea better for the old PAC. Gaudy is good. You could almost close your eyes and envision being in Tijuana Meh-he-co on that bottom picture couldn't you? Yessir.....looks like the artzy folks at the PAC have taken a real shine to the color scheme up the road on Central, haven't they?
I'm so proud of my hometown and what it has become. Recall 'em all. Let's start over.
bumper View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bumper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 31 2013 at 7:56am
wow that really looks like shh sh sh  oooo nevermind, surely there has to be someone in their right mind to stand back and look at that and say geeez we gotta change that!! and add more neon pink and some purple...LOL
Talking Heads View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Talking Heads Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 31 2013 at 10:51am
The Purple is directly across the street.
Bocephus View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bocephus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 31 2013 at 12:17pm
Where is the code violation for all the broken windows ? (the ones that went around writing people up for peeling paint on gutters etc... a few years) how classy downtown looks.
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 31 2013 at 2:54pm
Originally posted by Bocephus Bocephus wrote:

Where is the code violation for all the broken windows ? (the ones that went around writing people up for peeling paint on gutters etc... a few years) how classy downtown looks.

Hey! That's right Bo. Forgot about the code police writing up those rusty gutters and peeling paint. Hot story a few years back but haven't heard much about the enforcement lately. Wonder if the folks receiving the citations had to comply or did they hold out long enough that the program just died on the vine? Wasn't that ole Marty Kohler strong arming that program for Gilleland? Wonder what happened to the money that was suppose to be used to help the folks who couldn't afford to fix their place up after the citations?

"how classy downtown looks"

You don't like the "subdued" color schemes on the pictures from 409, Bo? Kinda looking like a seedy area of a third world country down there isn't it. We uncultured heathen are missing the message. I believe we should be looking at the awnings as "creative artwork canvassing using vibrant colors which offset the more neutral backdrop of the common downtown theme". Yeah, that's it.
I'm so proud of my hometown and what it has become. Recall 'em all. Let's start over.
Richard Saunders View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richard Saunders Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 31 2013 at 5:03pm
Downtown is now CLOWN-town.
Vivian Moon View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivian Moon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 31 2013 at 5:19pm

Why does this SUCCESSFUL BUSINESS, as per City Hall, still need city funding?

Perplexed View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Perplexed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Jul 31 2013 at 11:29pm
Whatever happened to Mr. Akins code enforcement blitzkrieg of 2009?  A reported 2,300 properties were cited for violations.  Over the past four years hasn't he de-emphasized housing rehab efforts in favor of the wrecking ball and the former downtown?  It looks like the Community Revitalization PROSECUTOR has substituted a bizarre housing improvement(?) effort to accelerate property disinvestment and population outmigration.  Maybe returning to the courtroom is a better fit for him?
409 View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote 409 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 01 2013 at 12:33am
Originally posted by Vivian Moon Vivian Moon wrote:

Why does this SUCCESSFUL BUSINESS, as per City Hall, still need city funding?

Vivian.....They need high performance rear facing windows, etc, etc,etc...
               Heck they may even WANT a third floor addition !! Wink
Richard Saunders View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Richard Saunders Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 01 2013 at 6:14am
It's nice to see that they continued the neon orange and day-glo green décor around to the backside.  It's only fair that the alley dwellers be exposed to that clown-town art culture just like wine and cheese gang enjoy.
ktf1179 View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ktf1179 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 01 2013 at 9:32am
I am disappointed the building is not Neon Hot Pink. That way it can match the house you see on Northbound Route 4 coming into Middletown.
TonyB View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TonyB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 01 2013 at 10:12am
Bo,

A taco cart would be a welcome addition to the food offerings downtown. We need a Mexican restaurant downtown and this would certainly fit the bill!!!
over the hill View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote over the hill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 01 2013 at 11:49am
Perplexed: Mr. Adkins doesn't know HOW to revitalize, he only knows how to tear down.
LMAO View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote LMAO Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 01 2013 at 12:29pm
Mr.A either has it torn down or sells it dirt cheap or gives it away to a friend of a friend of a friend. Wouldn't surprise me one bit if down the road we will be calling him councilman or Mr.Mayor. God help us. Ouch
Bocephus View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Bocephus Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 01 2013 at 1:21pm
Originally posted by TonyB TonyB wrote:

Bo,

A taco cart would be a welcome addition to the food offerings downtown. We need a Mexican restaurant downtown and this would certainly fit the bill!!!

Good point I love Mexican food !  Beer
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote over the hill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 01 2013 at 4:28pm
LMAO: I sincerely hope you're wrong. He will not tell the truth, that has all ready been proven so let's not perpetuate or encourage that behavior to continue like it has in the past. We get the same behavior from our city manager when asked point blank to notified them of any new correspondence to council she waited over a week and a half to tell council then made some excuse that she thought it was taken care of. We don't need any more of that kind of behavior. We would like transparency and honesty.IMO
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote over the hill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 01 2013 at 4:31pm
Plus, Mr. Adkins doesn't live in Midd. He lives in Mason. Let him go there.
 Post Reply Post Reply
  Share Topic