Google+ and Facebook

Home | Yearly News Archive | Advertisers | Blog | Contact Us
Thursday, April 25, 2024
FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Please Run For City Council

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Historic House Guy View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Historic House Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 03 2013 at 1:28am
Originally posted by spiderjohn spiderjohn wrote:

pretty comical, new guy
no one has forced you, or anyone else to read this forum--or accept everything posted here as gospel
many here have served on numerous boards , commissions, public service groups--and donated countless hours and $$$ to improve and support virtually every aspect of this community--what have you done?

a lot of what you read here is opinion, and a lot of what you read here is unfortunately true
most of those here didn't make it this way, and have consistently supported opposition to our current leadership

you don't know me at all, and definitely don't know how I think about much of anything
but I have posted here for close to 6 years, and believe more of what I read here than I do of what I read in the MJ or from the mouths of Council/Admin

If someone read the postings here, and decided to avoid this area, then obviously they found some grains of validity in what was said here. If it was me--it would take a LOT more than that to make a serious decision about this community.

You have over-stepped yourself here, and are somewhat naïve and insulting.
Maybe fix your new home, and leave this place alone?
Or go shill for the dark side somewhere else(or here if you like--all opinions are welcome)

Why should anyone take you seriously or authoritative? 

Actually, Mr. Dillman, I do know who you are. You just don't know me. I shop in your store 3 times a week. I'm the neighbor you don't bother to know. I'm the new blood bringing hope to this old city that you don't acknowledge like so many other good things you choose not to see. I get discouraged by the negativity you put out on public forums and you call me naive and insulting? Ha! What a laugh! I've spent my last dollar at your store...
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Historic House Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 03 2013 at 1:51am
Originally posted by VietVet VietVet wrote:

Ok Historic House Guy, here's the background that you are unaware of.....

You came on this forum requesting information about the city with the intention of perhaps locating here. I have noticed that the timid, cautious approach you first used, has given way to insulting long time forum members here. You are now typing posts that are the same as the MMF puppets and planted city leader loving believers who, apparently appreciate people who constantly fail, have the wrong concept for the development of this city, and are totally misfocused as to priorities in their thinking. They have proven in the past, that they are liars, keep information from the people, spend our money on their own special projects with a "to hell with what the majority of the people want" attitude, and are generally obnoxious, self-serving and blatantly egotistical. We wish they would take their as--- and their little attitudes and leave town and let competent people who really care about the city run the show. How would you expect us to react to that kind of leadership? Of course we are angry, frustrated and negative. You would understand if you were in our shoes as to what they have done to a once proud city. That is about as blunt and as plain as I can make it. All JMO.   

First, I've never come here requesting information about a possible relocation to Middletown. I've lived here for 2 years.

Second, I don't love the city leaders and I'm not "planted"

Here's what I am. I'm a home owner in Middletown with a wife and 2 son's who are both "A" students. One goes to Middletown High school and the other is a Senior at Butler Tech. I've volunteered my time helping at the Sorg and a few times a month me and my son's will walk S Sutphin picking up the trash that's dropped on our street. Our house was once a duplex for a slum lord and is now a single family home with no riff raff renters living in it. We've made improvements to our home and the way it looks in this neighborhood. More is on the way. 

I understand being disappointed at how things are but what you're not seeming to understand is this is going on all over the US. My comments aren't meant to be insulting. I'm simply pointing out to everyone here that your opinions are damaging to the city in the way you express yourselves to new comers and if you feel so strongly about changing politics in this city the get off your a$$es and do something about it!
Mike_Presta View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 03 2013 at 4:34am
Originally posted by Historic House Guy Historic House Guy wrote:

Maybe if you'd had the opportunity to live in a few different states during you life time and see this isn't just happening to Middletown you'd see the big picture.
Excuse me...but I'll bet you a dinner at ANY place in Middletown that is regularly open past 10 pm (just for your info, restaurants in booming cities are open past 10 pm in most states) that I have lived in more states than you have...and more big cities, too!!!

And, I've been involved in civic affairs in most of the cities in which I've lived.  I've addressed planning commissions and town hall meetings about industrial projects; participated in organizations such as Wish With Wings and Big Brothers, and a lot more.  I usually don't talk about things like this because I try to be a humble person, but your "holier than thou" attitude has really gotten under my skin.

So, put up or shut up, Historic Guy, about who has lived in the most places...and one of us will enjoy a free meal...but it won't be in "historic" downtown clowntown Middletown, because other than Buck's, nowhere is open late enough for a cosmopolitan dude like you to have dinner, is there??? 

By the way, I HAVE run for City Council, I've been (and still am) on local and county committees (both appointed and elected).

To everyone else in Middletown (besides Historic House Guy), I apologize if I've sounded like a braggart, and I remain your humble servant. 
“Mulligan said he ... doesn’t believe they necessarily make the return on investment necessary to keep funding them.” …The Middletown Journal, January 30, 2012
Mike_Presta View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 03 2013 at 4:56am
After reviewing the previous post, I wish that I could delete it because it sounds too boastful, but it is too late to do so.

Regardless, the bet offer with Historic House Guy stands!!!  I've probably forgotten more former addresses than he can list. 
“Mulligan said he ... doesn’t believe they necessarily make the return on investment necessary to keep funding them.” …The Middletown Journal, January 30, 2012
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Historic House Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 03 2013 at 7:25am
Mike, Over 3000 posts and you didn't realize my comment was directed to the person I quoted above the text?

On the other hand, I'm glad to see someone here at least tried to run for a seat on the council. Why not try again?
spiderjohn View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiderjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 03 2013 at 7:26am
Pretty much figured you to know me, and possibly a patron of my business.
Anyone who does business with me is important--doesn't have to think alike though.

Anyway--an honest "thank you" for your past support
And best of luck to you on S Supthin
The area needs more people who own property and vow to maintain it.

Either you give too much power to this site, or many of us under-estimate the effectiveness and the readership
acclaro View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acclaro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 03 2013 at 7:48am
HHG, you need to focus upon your restoration wood business, and not being a crisis management plant for the city of Middletown.

While it is understandable you defend your decision to move into the city, I have owned two properties in my career, that have been listed on the National Historic Registry, as stated, lived in virtually all of the top cities in the country, spent a few years at Middleberry College teaching in business school, skiied at Kellington Mountain, and  gave Ben and Jerry's m/a advice when they expanded.

A few comments: firstly, your shots at Mr. D. is wrong and misguided. He has done more to support Middletown than 40 years of cumulative city council members combined.

For those that have 25 years in the city that is in ruin, than 2, we know what terrible leadership has been demonstrated for a lengthy time, how corrupt Middletown is, and how they play the game. You should ask yourself, as you espouse you take care and are improving your property; if the ciy takes money for streets to pay their salaries, what does that say to others, about pride of owndership? It says you don't care.

Middletown will be overcome by waves of tax increases with no services to come, no value, failure.

You liked New England and taxes; you'll be seeing soon what a small town looks like as it will have taxes to rival Mass, Vt, NH, NY. 
'An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.' - Winston Churchill
spiderjohn View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiderjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 03 2013 at 8:05am
thanx 4 yer support acclaro

I do my best to recognize and accommodate everyone patronizing my business, my co-workers, my neighborhood and the community in general.

If I somehow left you out, new guy, that does bother me--whether you like or agree with my thinking on this forum.
I only wish that you could have experienced your new neighborhood 15-50 years prior. If you like it now, you would have thrived then.

Yes--it upsets me to see what has become of the area--shouldn't it?
I have done a lot of things to take care of the neighborhood and make it better since we built our current location 51 years ago.

The fact that the downhill slide was in some part brought on by city govt. in order to line the pockets of those initially jumping on to the govt.subsidized housing windfall, and the long-term failure to right that ship has led to the total collapse of the neigborhoods between Supthin and Crawford(east to west) and 1st/Central to Roosevelt Blvd(north to south).  Business-wise it has cost me big time. The posters on this forum had little to nothing to do with this. They just express their sorrow and frustration. Research was has led to the current situation.

Should we all be doing more to change it for the better--absolutely!
It happens every day by many--press release or none.

The fact that you choose a response that causes both of us to lose(me by losing a regular patron--you by losing a convenient option where I hope that you found some appeal) is not lost on me. THAT is another type of thinking that needs to be shed in this community imo.

Look me up sometime to discuss this if you choose--patron or no.
Dinner on me @ Stefano's?
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Historic House Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 03 2013 at 8:21am
Originally posted by acclaro acclaro wrote:

HHG, you need to focus upon your restoration wood business, and not being a crisis management plant for the city of Middletown.

You really don't need to tell me what I need to do. All I am doing is reminding all the naysayers here that you public comments are read by many and in it's own way is discouraging people from wanting to move here.

A few comments: firstly, your shots at Mr. D. is wrong and misguided. He has done more to support Middletown than 40 years of cumulative city council members combined.

Please quote the text where I supposedly took a shot at Mr. D. I believe he took the shot at me and I gave a reasonable response to it with no name calling

Middletown will be overcome by waves of tax increases with no services to come, no value, failure.

You liked New England and taxes; you'll be seeing soon what a small town looks like as it will have taxes to rival Mass, Vt, NH, NY. 

You're assuming again...

You know, I haven't called anyone any names here. I've merely pointed out something that you may not see from your point of view yet you've all proven the facts that was posted by another forum. You guys come off as down right rude. Don't believe me? Go to this post below. The first 2 posts pretty much sum it up...

MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Historic House Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 03 2013 at 8:34am
John, I'm a small town type of thinker who's lived in a lot of city's. I've seen small businesses like yours go under because everyone starts flooding to new new big stores when they open. It never seems to stop surprising me when locals are sad when a small business closes due to their own actions so I always try to support them as much as I can. I'll continue to support the store because our neighborhood wouldn't be the same without it.

Please ask yourselves this. How many possible patrons that might have bought a house here do you think you may have discouraged after reading all the doom and gloom here on this forum? I know that if I had read this forum before moving here, I probably wouldn't have moved here.

I'm not trying to change anyone's opinions. You have a right to it. I'm only trying to give awareness of how all the bad comments are affecting the cities possible growth. We need people owning house and paying taxes. Don't run them off! 
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Historic House Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 03 2013 at 8:38am
Well, it's been fun. Gotta go pull some sashes in Lebanon that need to be restored. More income tax money for Middletown... ;)

bumper View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bumper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 03 2013 at 8:52am
Vivian Moon View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivian Moon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 03 2013 at 9:43am

HHG
    I have learned a great deal from all the people that post on this blog, even if I disagree with them. As a researcher they have caused me to question what I thought were fact and truth and to go in search of the real truth and the real facts and many times I haven’t liked what I found at the end of the road.
    My research is revealing that about 30 years ago something happened in the leadership of
Middletown
that set this town in a downward spiral that continues to this very day. It seems that City Hall made one bad decisions after another and we are just now seeing the full effects of these decisions on our community.
    City Hall keeps telling us that we shouldn’t dwell on the past but work on the future of
Middletown. Well that’s a great ideal however they continue to ignore the past and make the same mistakes over and over again. We need to learn from past mistakes and build a better future for Middletown
. We must change the way City Hall is doing business.
    I truly believe that everyone on this blog wants a better
Middletown

Perplexed View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Perplexed Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 03 2013 at 10:00am
HHG,
Why don't you speak with Mr. Akins about the possibility of salvaging some of the contents of the 350 houses he is demolishing.  Judging on the age of many of these structures, you might uncover some nice trim boards, interior hardware, etc.  Just a thought.
Vivian Moon View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vivian Moon Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 03 2013 at 10:08am

HHG
Here are a few little doom and gloom facts for you…
Your home is located in one of the highest crime and poverty area in
Middletown
Mr. Adkins, of City Hall, has stated that your area will not receive any HUD funds because it is just too far gone.
You may not want to hear these facts but they will have on your property investment.
You need to stand up and demand that City Hall use these HUD funds in the areas of great need so we can bring back the older neighborhoods.

bumper View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bumper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 03 2013 at 10:44am

HHG maybe you your call channel 5 news and the Middletown police dept.. to stop talking negative about your stinkin neighborhood               http://youtu.be/YNS9uK2SaBY  

acclaro View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acclaro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 03 2013 at 10:56am
HHG....with all due respect, your statements are just wrong.

You state comments which are factual on this board keep folks from looking at Middletown, moving in?

I disagree.

What keeps an influx in is the terrible reputation the city has, from the school district, poverty, crime, runaway taxes, lack of pride in maintaining infrastructure, outrageous salaries for public employees, clique mentality, robbing peter to pay Paul- a few friends of friends, and a rough and tumble area many find objectionable. Moreover, the city leaders and council make terrible decisions, investing downtown because of one owner that own a stained glass shop, and being led on a belief, that is the core competency of Middletown, an art town for God's sake.

Here's what and why potential residents are kept away, and its sure as heck not this forum:

1) Taxes going up, on income, and property- with limited to no benefit in return. Its called ROI.

2) Quality of Life-In a 50 mile radius, one could move to 100 neighboring cities offering 10x the quality of life, and safety, than afforded in Middletown.

3)  More taxation-  since 2000, the city and a few select residents got together to put together a select city council that would be able to pull in the votes (the only reason Bill Becker was put in as cit manager in my opinion), a 2.0 tax rate, and pass non ending levies. In return, this folks get benefits in many ways, which in most circles, would be politely be considered a kickback, albeit cash, ego stroking, favors.

4) Falling apart at seam infrastructure. Have you driven to the canal and seen the problems stagnant water which causes the Nile virus, malaria, and other very significant health problems?

5) Lack of development and failure-  have you seen any biomedical expansion after the Atrium Hospital moved? That was the basis of the city (wink, wink), giving them about $5.5 Mm to spend to move into a new county.

6) People running the city making 135 Kk and above, that are inept, make poor decisions, and are kept on board to take care of the whims of the city council put in, to accomplish what Bill Becker failed to do when he was city manager; pass levies. That's it. Council passes levies- city dumps $$$ on Main Street, into the 'historic' areas where K, M's, others, reside. I bet there's lots of work in Highlands now for you.

6-100 (Why bother).    

'An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.' - Winston Churchill
bumper View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote bumper Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 03 2013 at 11:02am
Originally posted by bumper bumper wrote:

HHG maybe you your call channel 5 news and the Middletown police dept.. to stop talking negative about your stinkin neighborhood               http://youtu.be/YNS9uK2SaBY  

HHG maybe you should call LOL ...
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Historic House Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 03 2013 at 4:30pm

HHG maybe you should call LOL ...

I think I'll pass but you just keep making yourself laugh all you want. You clearly have nothing to offer in this debate.

Stanky View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Stanky Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 03 2013 at 5:23pm
HHG, you'll learn that a few on here have next to nothing to offer by way of intelligent comments. I would name them but it's pretty obvious.
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 03 2013 at 5:51pm
Originally posted by Historic House Guy Historic House Guy wrote:

Originally posted by acclaro acclaro wrote:

You really don't need to tell me what I need to do. All I am doing is reminding all the naysayers here that you public comments are read by many and in it's own way is discouraging people from wanting to move here.

Please quote the text where I supposedly took a shot at Mr. D. I believe he took the shot at me and I gave a reasonable response to it with no name calling

You're assuming again...

You know, I haven't called anyone any names here. I've merely pointed out something that you may not see from your point of view yet you've all proven the facts that was posted by another forum. You guys come off as down right rude. Don't believe me? Go to this post below. The first 2 posts pretty much sum it up...

OK HHG, I WENT TO THIS SITE. READ THE 6 PAGES OF POSTS FROM PERHAPS 3 OR 4 REGULARS ON THERE LIKE OHIO58 AND WILT AND A FEW MORE. THEY BASHED MUSA PRETTY WELL. ONE HAD SOME HARSH THINGS TO SAY ABOUT ACCLARO ON THERE. I REALLY LIKED THE ONE POST THAT MENTIONS THE REGULARS ON MUSA. THE DESCRIPTION WAS SOMETHING LIKE A "BUNCH OF ANGRY TEAPARTY, OLD GUYS WHO HAVE BEEN AROUND FOR A LONG TIME AND HAVE INVESTMENTS AND LIVING IN THE PAST"....... WRONG DESCRIPTOR. SHOULD HAVE READ, "A BUNCH OF ANGRY LONG TIME CITIZENS WHO HAVE HAD THEIR TOWN TAKEN AWAY FROM THEM BY PEOPLE RUNNING THE CITY WHO DIDN'T UNDERSTAND THE PEOPLE LIVING THERE AND WHAT THE PEOPLE WANTED FOR THEIR CITY". DAM RIGHT WE'RE ANGRY. WHEN YOU LOSE YOUR ONCE HAPPY HOME, YOU GET A LITTLE 'TESTY". THAT WOULD HAVE BEEN MORE ACCURATE. THE ONLY THING THAT THE 3 OR 4 POSTERS ON THIS CITY-DATA SITE HAVE RIGHT ARE SOME OF THE STORIES OFFERED ABOUT ARMCO MOVING OUT, THE UNIONS DEMANDING TOO MUCH AT THE WRONG TIME AND THE TOWN GOING THE DIRECTION OF APPALACHIA WITH NO HOPE RIGHT NOW. I NOTICED SOME OF THE POSTS DIDN'T HAVE KIND WORDS TO SAY ABOUT THE CITY LEADERSHIP EITHER. YOUR CITY-DATA SITE BASHES THE LEADERS JUST AS WE DO HERE, MAKING YOUR "OBJECTIVE" SITE NO BETTER THAN WHAT YOU ARE ACCUSING US OF BEING HERE. YOUR SITE HAS A SMALL CORE OF CONSTANT POSTERS JUST AS WE DO HERE. THERE IS NO DIFFERENCE IN THE "ATTITUDE DEPARTMENT". YOU'RE LOOKING FOR A SITE FOR YOUR BUSINESS WITH A RADIO STATION LOCATION IN THIS AREA. WHY? WITH DAYTON AND CINCY SO CLOSE, THE AREA IS ALREADY SATURATED WITH RADIO, ISN'T IT?
I'm so proud of my hometown and what it has become. Recall 'em all. Let's start over.
Pacman View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pacman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 03 2013 at 6:04pm
Any chance HHG that you are "Billiam"?  You seem to have appeared when he disappeared.
PacmanCool
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Historic House Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 03 2013 at 6:11pm
VietVet, respectively I think the difference is that the worst attitudes about Middletown are coming from a very small minority on this forum. Aside from the bashing we got about Middletown itself. The only point I'm making is that in a short amount of posts on this forum, you folks made this guy believe Middletown was bad and he was stupid for even thinking about coming here. You read it.

People, their's not one city in this whole nation that isn't in trouble for kicking the can down the road. Some are facing it sooner than others. The rest will find out later.

What do we do to make things better here? Manufacturing jobs are not coming back and if they do they will be part time, low paying jobs. So why not arts and entertainment? What other things do you think would make a better Middletown as far as attraction?

I'm being serious, not trying to be an a$$
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Historic House Guy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 03 2013 at 6:20pm
Originally posted by Pacman Pacman wrote:

Any chance HHG that you are "Billiam"?  You seem to have appeared when he disappeared.
PacmanCool

I'm Whip5000. Didn't catch the post until it hit page 4 or so. I don't go there often but the forum was a good tool in deciding where we would move to 2 1/2 years ago. So here I am in Middletown... Clap
crazycatcher View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote crazycatcher Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Aug 03 2013 at 8:24pm

Hey HISTORIC HOUSE GUY and this is JUST MY OPINION in response to VIETVETS post for you. Basically what you have discovered is a forum for predominately one-sided thinking by a bunch of old farts hanging on to the past and not taking any responsibility for the future. They get on here and post everything as if it is the word of God and then type JMO to relieve them of any guilt or longing to be better people towards unfortunate situations.

Those days that VET talks about were enjoyed by more than just the few that continue to bash everyone and anyone associated with the city. So yes there are people that live here that still enjoy living here and have a fairly positive outlook. I still love my hometown. While Vet is also smacking your hand for being rude and even perhaps ill-informed you will soon discover that you can’t argue with the management. And while we know they can’t move out of this town, blah, blah, blah sometimes some of us wish they would. Negativity is like a cancer but some on this forum have not figured that out yet, IN MY OPINION.

Also, you’ll notice that they love to speak for the populous of our city and by no means, IN MY OPINION do they. In fact, if you are around town and speak to people, most of the time the conversations on this forum are the brunt of laughter and that most people think, IN THEIR OPINION, that they are basically crazy. I don’t think their crazy just angry, IN MY OPINION, that is the only way you could have so much discontent for those that try to do what they can to make the place they live a little better.

So HISTORIC HOUSE GUY, while I am just giving you MY OPINION about this forum and I do enjoy it for its entertainment value I am sure to be raked over the coals or ignored. That’s a tip for you.  If they can’t figure out a way to respond to you they just ignore you. You’ll notice that if you go back and read some of the threads.

HISTORIC HOUSE GUY, in no way shape or form is Middletown doing great. In fact there have been plenty of poor decisions made and yes there are a few people that should not be on council or working for our city but that’s  been going on ever since I can remember. So my advice to you is stick to your guns, renovate your home, join a group of social elite snobs and by all means support someone associated with the city and then see how you can really get these guys fired up. It’s one good laugh after another…IN MY OPINION. But overall embrace Middletown, because if you do you might find it’s not that bad of a place to live IN MY OPINION. And to quote your old friend VET "THAT IS AS BLUNT AND PLAIN AS I CAN MAKE IT ALL." JMO

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
  Share Topic