Middletown Ohio

Find us on
 Google+ and Facebook

Home | Yearly News Archive | Advertisers | Blog | Contact Us
Thursday, March 28, 2024
FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Help Replace One of Ohio's Oldest Schools?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 9101112>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
RRiveter View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RRiveter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 18 2014 at 8:57am
A few thousand dollars to certainly put into use at the building... I'm sure you could find something worth fixing over there for a few thousand!!!

Not really sure how you find that funny.

Have a feeling a few thousand dollars could buy some air conditioning units to put in the windows in a few classrooms.

RRiveter
aflatkey View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aflatkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 18 2014 at 9:02am
Neil Barille & Paul Nagy & fellow blogers,

thank you for your brief response. As a voter with limited resources my vote is my most precious right that I can put forward as a form of change for my fellow citizens and residents in this district. While the mundane nature of school board businesses continues to propagate social injustice to many who reside in the district, just the idea that we should line up at the poll and act like worker ants and only focus on the issue on the ballot defines some peoples unwillingness to start to tackle the real problems in society by raising awareness and voting against any thing that propagates unequal taxation with out proper representation threw out  all demogrhapic groops and ethnic diversities. you see the issue itself defines discrimination ( issue 3 on  may 6th ) No it dose not by verbage specifically say the status quo is ready to implement a new round of social injustice.  It dose however by following the attributes of the status quo's system continue a discriminatory practice. The voters most likely are not even fully aware of these facts. In a effort to create change a citizen must with what resources he has bring awareness to all voters so they can evaluate, discuss, share and come to a conclusion that if not now when do we stand up for our constitutional rights ? when do we stop discrimination in taxation ? The time is on  all residents and citizens to look beyond the Vail of the status quo's agenda .  Threw out your country's history it has always been the case that one citizen or resident starts the process of renewed justice for all.  It's is in many cases it's a lifes work. Just look at the life of Martin Luther King. While in some cases citizens and residents with the ability to pay the 130.00 a year for 37 years is not significant to their household budget, not all citizens and taxpayers come from the same income demographic. Some of the land tax payers you are asking to pay this tax are  relatively new familys with children
who threw one program or another have chosen to purchase a home. Both parents work, pay taxes, and provide for their immediate family group as best as they can. The propagation of a discriminatory tax practice has significant impact to these family's. They are struggiling to survive in a nation of burocracy that in some cases propigates dicrimination as a legitimate form of taxation. What do you represent as a upright, compassionate, benevolent resident or citizen ?  I urge you to consider that looking the other way as the status quo indoctrinates discrimination as a form of legal taxation, that the unraveling of your own community will continue as social injustice will be the norm with no one standing up for constitutional principals and freedoms.

Abolish the property tax for the school system!! its unconstitutional !!

Vote no on may 6 if you want to make a change in the current system!!

Visit

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Middletown-Ohio-Vote-NO-on-Issue-3/784089358269325?ref=br_tf

and like the page to show support of your constitutional freedoms in Ohio.

please don't hesitate to tell me your opinion as

Brevity is the soul of wit  
 and with out laughter over the kinks in society anarchy might prevail.

and that's the rest of the story , good day ( Paul Harvey 1946)

aflatkey
Marcia Andrew View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marcia Andrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 18 2014 at 10:07am
Iron Man, perhaps I wasn't clear.  In the quote you snipped out of the middle of a paragraph, I was referring to people who say the school board should not tear down the old Vail building, even if we are no longer using it as a school, and instead allow someone else (an unidentified someone else) to use the building for some other (unidentified) purpose.  No, it is not the role of the school board to come up with a plan for that unidentified entity to maintain and operate the building for that unidentified purpose.  I was not talking about a plan to maintain and operate it as a school building. My general point is that there is/has been no demonstrated demand by business or private owners for using the middle school building for some other purpose.
aflatkey View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aflatkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 18 2014 at 11:29am
Marcia Andrew,

i see that your are participating in the blog process. please consider answering my question as you have others.

this is the 5th time i have asked for you to provide a appropriations bill number to legitimize the claim that the 40 million is in the bank. you claimed 3 days ago  that it has been appropriated. I cannot find it on the state web site that makes public all appropriations and legislative bills. while you might be correct in saying that it is a line item in the state budget, the budget is still in  the approval process and will not go into implementation till july1-2014. R Please  provide the correct appropriations bill number and funding code account or resend your statement from 3 days ago, as it is clear the funds are not appropriated at this time.

Visit

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Middletown-Ohio-Vote-NO-on-Issue-3/784089358269325?ref=br_tf

aflatkey
Marcia Andrew View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marcia Andrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 18 2014 at 12:24pm
aflatkey, I stopped reading your posts after about the 3rd or 4th time you repeated the same stuff, that in my view is irrational and incoherent.  I responded to you on Facebook the first time you posted your view that voters should vote No because the method of funding schools is unconstitutional.  You ignored the substance of my response and just keep repeating the same thing.  So, I see no point in trying to respond to your repetitive posts.

I did respond to someone else with a quote from the letter from the Ohio School Facilities Commission from May 2013 explaining the process for MCSD being approved for funding -- from the last bi-ennium's budget-- and that the funding was committed to MCSD for 13 months, and would then be released to another district if Middletown does not pass a bond levy in that 13 month period. Despite your lesson in parliamentary procedure, you are misinformed about how the OSFC process works, so your demand for an appropriations bill number is kind of missing the point.  I am not aware of any school district in the state of Ohio in the more than 10 years of this program which has been approved by the OSFC for funding, passed its local levy, and then not been funded by the OSFC.

I will not be responding to any more of your posts.

aflatkey View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aflatkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 18 2014 at 1:59pm
i understand your sentiment ,and will continue to inform you if you read it or not that  the propigation of discrimination in taxation is not reprasentative of our constitutional rights. i will read into what you have stated as the funding process for illigitamate taxation of property owners.
thanks for your direct reply, today !
     enjoy your week end with family and friends.

Visit

and that's the rest of the story , good day ( Paul Harvey 1946 )

aflatkey
aflatkey View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aflatkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 18 2014 at 9:22pm
Marcia Andrew and fellow blogers pro and anti bond / levy

Marcia Andrew  has stated that the OSFC is a reputable and accountable arm of our school funding system.
in preliminary research of this bureaucratic extension of distribution of illegally collected land tax for public schools I have found that ,

http://www.clevelandchallenger.com/arkansas-man-behind-clintons-1992-black-son-scandal-silenced/

state auditors failed to audit the Ohio School Facilities Commission. Why?

Ohio's biggest Republican names will tumble like dominoes if the Ohio School Facilities Commission is ever audited and investigated

It is an Ohio law that every unit of government must be audited no less than once every two years.  The state auditor doesn’t have the option of performing the duty.  State senators and state representatives passed laws saying they must do it.  If a state auditor doesn’t audit or cause every unit of government to be audited no less than every two years, Ohio’s revised code calls their failure to perform the duty … dereliction.  It’s a criminal offense.

The penalty doesn’t carry jail time, although it can if added to other offenses.  What it does is expose a politician or bureaucrat’s incompetence in performing the lawful duties of the jobs they hold.   Derelict public officials and employees forfeit the job and can’t run or serve anymore.  It’s a pretty good law when it’s consistently enforced.  The problem is finding an example of a politician of bureaucrat of any party who has been charged, prosecuted and convicted for “dereliction of duty.”

So the only state elected official who a Republican state auditor "special audited" as ex-Secretary of State J. Kenneth Blackwell by Mary Taylor.

So the only state elected official who a Republican state auditor “special audited” was ex-Secretary of State J. Kenneth Blackwell by Mary Taylor.  Yeah right! 

So let’s talk about the Ohio School Facilities Commission (OSFC) that has never been audited by any state auditor since its inception in 1997.  That’s four state auditors since 1997: Jim Petro, Betty Montgomery, Mary Taylor and now David Yost.  Yost is still within the time frame required to ensure that the OSFC is audited under his watch, but the clock is ticking.

The OSFC was originally funded with $2.3 billion in 1997.  It’s no secret that ex-Governor George Voinovich’s handpicked executive director, Randall Fischer, personally awarded 1700 contracts totally $1.8 billion without public bidding or commission approval.

Compare the donors to Voinovich’s campaigns to the 1700 companies getting contracts from Fischer and the game they were playing becomes obvious.  It’s  why the 16 year lack of an audit trail is so glaring.

Montgomery can’t claim she didn’t know Fischer violated laws at least 1700 times.  She was the attorney general and the OSFC’s lawyer when Fischer’s misdeeds were exposed in the Monarch Construction v. Ohio School Facilities Commission 2002 decision.  Montgomery was supposed to represent the interests of the citizens of Ohio after the agency was sued for the wrong Fischer had done.  There’s no way for Montgomery not to know Fischer was violating public spending laws before she became the state auditor in 2003 after Petro replaced her as attorney general.

The case was heard in ex-Secretary of State Jennifer Brunner’s court when she was a Franklin County common pleas judge.   Read what Brunner said in the decision she ruled against Montgomery’s defense of Fischer and the OSFC’s equally derelict board members.

“Nearly $2 billion of public money have been distributed through more than 1,700 contracts for the construction and renovation of schools throughout the state of Ohio, not one of which has been approved by a vote of the commission. The final word on all of these contracts has lain with one individual, who is not a public officer, has not taken an oath of office, nor is bonded. The public education of the state’s children, an essential government function, is threatened by the unbridled discretion unlawfully placed in the hands of one person, Randall Fischer. This is unconscionable.  The court finds as a matter of law that OSFC has not only unlawfully approved the rejection of Monarch, it has abused its discretion in so doing.”

Montgomery should have screamed to high heaven about Fischer’s 1700 crimes to any official who would listen, especially to the general assembly.  As attorney general she should have reviewed every illegal contract Fischer handed out and reported back to the state’s citizens.  She also should have blasted Petro for his dereliction in not auditing the agency that employed Fischer.

Once Montgomery replaced Petro as state auditor in 2003, she should have minimally performed the required two bi-annual audits of the agency during her four term in office.  But since Montgomery had first hand knowledge of Fischer’s crimes, she should have conducted a special audit and forwarded the results to the Franklin County Prosecutor.  The same applies to Taylor, who’s now lieutenant governor. Neither of the two politicians audited or special audited the OSFC.  Taylor did, however, conduct a special audit of J. Kenneth Blackwell’s “office” as secretary of state after he lost for governor in 2006.  In fact, Blackwell has been the only state official to receive a special audit.  We wonder why.

OSFC employees and the agency’s commission members have spent an unscrutinized $13 billion since its inception.  It’s understandable why Petro and Montgomery were silent as attorney generals since they would have exposed each other’s dereliction as state auditors.  But their decision to cover for each other doesn’t negate the fact that a complete, thorough and retroactive audit of the OSFC is long overdue. The fact that it hasn’t happened is proof by itself of their dereliction and of Taylor’s.  Only in politics do officials who fail to perform the duties of their elected offices get to hide their shortcomings behind fancy commercials and get promoted.

State officials appear to have gone out of their way not to audit an agency that’s handled $13 billion since 1997.  We think it’s because they know the cookie crumbs will lead to jail time for the party’s biggest names.  A complete audit will expose such widespread corruption the cast of characters it exposes will make what happened in Cuyahoga County look like petty theft.

Yost seems to be catching up on the backlog of audits his political party mates left him.  Even this writer’s 2006 through 2009 audits as East Cleveland’s mayor were finally performed six years later in 2012, and nearly three years after he left office.  East Cleveland’s previous financial audit was in 2001.  That’s 11 years without an audit for a city being in fiscal emergency under the auditor’s supervision for 18 years.

If Yost doesn’t audit the OSFC twice within his term of office, he’ll be the fourth derelict state auditor not to review how and who received $13 billion to work on Ohio schools.

Real and not “bull____” accountability demands that Governor John Kasich immediately order an intensive audit of the OSFC and let the chips fall where they may on who is held accountable. 

Another indiscretion by OSFC 

http://www.ohioconstitution.org/2010/10/18/ohio-rico-complaint-filed-to-stop-school-construction-corruption/ 

Ohio RICO Complaint Filed to Stop School Construction Corruption

October 18, 2010

1851 Center Lawsuit alleges Strickland administration and OSFC placed union financial interests and remaining in office above fiscal responsibility in building schools.

COLUMBUS – Tax dollars have been wasted and continue to be at risk due to an unlawfully cozy relationship between the Strickland administration and labor unions, claim a group of Mansfield-area taxpayers. The residents today filed an Ohio Corrupt Activities Act complaint against Gov. Ted Strickland, Ohio School Facilities Commission (OSFC) Executive Director Richard Murray, the Laborers’ International Union of North America (LIUNA) and others. The suit will demonstrate members of the Strickland administration, organized labor, and Murray used the OSFC and school building construction contracts to engage in pattern of corrupt activities expressly prohibited under Ohio’s RICO laws.

Click on the above link to read the whole story.

Another indiscretion by OSFC

http://thetruthaboutplas.com/2010/06/30/columbus-dispatch-examines-value-of-plas-osfc-director-loosens-corrupt-grip-on-ohio-schools/

Columbus Dispatch Examines Value of PLAs, OSFC Director Loosens Corrupt Grip on Ohio Schools

1 June 30, 2010  School Construction, State & Local Construction

With Ohio Gov. Ted Strickland’s appointed director of the Ohio School Facilities Commission (OSFC), former Big Labor boss Richard Murray, under investigation for pushing school districts to use union-favoring project labor agreements (PLAs) as a condition of receiving funding from the OSFC, the media stands ready scrutinize these corrupt and wasteful agreements.

Click on above link to read the whole story

Marcia Andrew  has stated that in her view I was irrational and incoherent with my post on the blog.

Lets review the definitions,

Irrational

adjective

1. not logical or reasonable.

reason / Reason is the capacity for consciously making sense of things,  applying logic, for establishing and verifying facts, and changing or justifying practices, institutions, and beliefs based on new or existing information.

synonyms:     unreasonable, illogical, groundless, baseless, unfounded, unjustifiable;

absurd, ridiculous, ludicrous, preposterous, silly, foolish, senseless 

incoherent

adjective 

not able to talk or express yourself in a clear way that can be easily understood

not logical or well-organized : not easy to understand

1:lacking coherence: as

2:lacking cohesion :  loose

3:lacking orderly continuity, arrangement, or relevance :  inconsistent

4:lacking normal clarity or intelligibility in speech or thought

In my view I hardly think that I’m Irrational.

It is only rational thinking that gave our forefathers the idea that you could not have

equal taxation with out equal representation.

Taxing the land owners for the benefit of all taxpayers is discrimination.

In my view I hardly think I’m incoherent.

I  have written and copy’d and pasted many opinions that state clearly and have simple language that gives a specific fact based opinion that land based tax in unconstitutional.

Its your duty as well as the governments constitutional duty to “provide for a thorough and efficient system of common schools" common denotes that the school in Indian hills should be a carbon copy of the school in middletown. They are not because people like y the pro levy / bond lobby continue to violate our constitutional freedoms by propagating a illegal form of funding schools.

Tha above paragraph shows that I have continuity in thought , that there is in fact logic to the argument as detailed by the supreme court in 1997.

Threw out your country's history it has always been the case that one citizen or resident starts the process of renewed justice for all.  It's is in many cases it's a life's work. Just look at the life of Martin Luther King.

What do you represent as a upright, compassionate, benevolent resident or citizen ?  I urge you to consider that looking the other way as the status quo indoctrinates discrimination as a form of legal taxation, that the unraveling of your own community will continue as social injustice will be the norm with no one standing up for constitutional principals and freedoms.

And additionally with the favoritism used by OSFC in its distribution of state tax funds I suggest that all taxpayers land owners or not should reconsider the continued abuse of educational funds for the prosperity of the few. Do you as a tax payers want the continued abuse of your hard earned tax dollars to empower special interest groups that are selected by your politicians to receive the contracts for your institutions ?

The above items along with other opinions that I have posted are relevant to the ideal that the current  bureaucracy is tainted in many ways besides  the fact that it dose not “provide for a thorough and efficient system of common schools funded by the state threw contributions from all tax payers, not just tax paying land owners.

Vote no on may 6 if you want to START making a change in the current system!!

Visit

aflatkey
aflatkey View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aflatkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 20 2014 at 4:19pm
fellow blogers,

there are ways to legally repeal land tax funding of public schools.

http://www.ohioconstitution.org/2012/05/07/westerville-taxpayers-move-to-repeal-march-tax-increase/

On May 7, 2012 taxpayers for Westerville Schools, with the representation of the 1851 Center,commenced circulation of an initiative petition to repeal the 6.71 mil tax increase narrowly approved in March after taxpayers defeated a similar measure at the November 2011 general election.

The Westerville effort marks the inaugural action of the 1851 Center in assisting taxpayers in using a previously obscure section of the Ohio Revised Code to lower their school district tax burdens, while forcing Ohio school districts to control spending and reign in labor costs rather than raising taxes.

this is only the beginning of what citizen taxpayers can do with in the law to raise awareness that school funding threw property tax is unconstitutional.

it is only rational thinking that gave our forefathers the idea that you could not have equal taxation with out equal representation.

the current  bureaucracy is tainted in many ways besides  the fact that it dose not “provide for a thorough and efficient system of common schools funded by the state threw contributions from all tax payers, not just tax paying land owners.

DeRolph v. State was a landmark case in Ohio constitutional law in which the Ohio Supreme Court ruled that the state's method for funding public education was unconstitutional. Handed down on March 24, 1997, the 4-3 opinion said that the state funding system "fails to provide for a thorough and efficient system of common schools" as required by the Ohio Constitution and directed the state to find a remedy.

Visit

aflatkey

aflatkey
aflatkey View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aflatkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 20 2014 at 4:40pm

Charter school advocate wants to strip requirement for public schools from Ohio Constitution

http://www.ohio.com/news/charter-school-advocate-wants-to-strip-requirement-for-public-schools-from-ohio-constitution-1.480752

Published: April 14, 2014 - 10:50 PM | Updated: April 15, 2014 - 10:57 AM

COLUMBUS: The phrase in the Ohio Constitution that requires the state to provide an adequate system of public schools would be stricken from the document if the head of a constitutional modernization subcommittee has his way.

Chairman Chad Readler, a Columbus attorney who leads the Constitutional Modernization Commission’s schools and local government committee, wants to remove the phrase “thorough and efficient” from Article VI of the Constitution.

Justice Francis E. Sweeney Sr., who wrote the majority opinion, scolded the legislature by calling for a “systematic overhaul” of public education, citing examples of unsafe buildings and poor academic programming in some districts while many suburban districts enjoyed great wealth.

“Today, Ohio stands at a crossroads,” he wrote. “We must decide whether the promise of providing to our youth a free, public elementary and secondary education in a ‘thorough and efficient system’ has been fulfilled. The importance of this case cannot be overestimated.”

If  in fact our legislators are considering changing the system of public schools in our state, we need not invest any tax collected  moneys until they have made a final decision.

Click on above link to read the whole story

Visit

aflatkey
aflatkey
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 20 2014 at 6:50pm
aflatkey:

"there are ways to legally repeal land tax funding of public schools.

http://www.ohioconstitution.org/2012/05/07/westerville-taxpayers-move-to-repeal-march-tax-increase/

On May 7, 2012 taxpayers for Westerville Schools, with the representation of the 1851 Center,commenced circulation of an initiative petition to repeal the 6.71 mil tax increase narrowly approved in March after taxpayers defeated a similar measure at the November 2011 general election.
The Westerville effort marks the inaugural action of the 1851 Center in assisting taxpayers in using a previously obscure section of the Ohio Revised Code to lower their school district tax burdens, while forcing Ohio school districts to control spending and reign in labor costs rather than raising taxes."

SOUNDS GOOD TO ME. COULD THIS PROCEDURE OF A PETITION CIRCULATION BE DONE HERE IN MIDDLETOWN AND COULD WE GET THIS "1851" CENTER TO HELP US ADMINISTER THIS?

SOUNDS SIMILAR TO A RECALL OF CITY OFFICIALS. AT THE SAME TIME WE ARE PREPARING TO DO THE 1851 THING, COULD WE ALSO GET SOME RECALL PETITIONS GOING OUT OF HAMILTON'S BOARD OF ELECTIONS FOR SCHOOL BOARD AND CITY COUNCIL REMOVAL?

I'LL DO DOOR TO DOOR AFTER WORK AND ON WEEKENDS IN MY SECTION OF TOWN. ANYONE ELSE ON BOARD IN THEIR SECTION OF THE CITY? IT'LL TAKE A DECENT SIZED GROUP TO COVER THE CITY ASKING REGISTERED VOTERS TO SIGN. NEED, WHAT, 10-15% OF THE REGISTERED VOTERS TO GET THE RECALL?
I'm so proud of my hometown and what it has become. Recall 'em all. Let's start over.
RRiveter View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RRiveter Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 20 2014 at 7:38pm
I'm in for a petition! Actually there is one already started.

What is the current financial status of the school district right now? Anyone know?
RRiveter
aflatkey View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aflatkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 20 2014 at 10:13pm
fellow bloggers

It is a thing to consider, as some detailed data is easy to retrieve from the web. I am always interested in a positive change that would save the tax payers money and help stop corruption and favoritism by politicians, as well as enforcing constitutional standards. This being said you all know that it dose take volunteers and cash to file these kind of  actions. One thing for sure even though there are not many reply's or voiced opinions on this blog  (260 written reply's or suggestions ) there is a significantly larger audience reading the blog and not participating. (9619 views to date ) that is about 30 % larger than the bond issue aug 3 2013. I pose that readers should consider in fact if they want their freedoms defended and want to stop corruption we should all form some type of coalition that reflects the views of all taxpayers for the grater good of of our local community and diversified economic and social demographics. Some might say they have heard that  #$%&^@! before, and while you might be right about that , did you do anything last time you heard that to effectively make a change ? or did you just continue to sit on your @#$% and let the status quo rob you for the benefit of the few who do do something in government? Most citizens, while they can be vocal with opinion rarely buck the system. I am willing to participate in the process, lets see who else will belly up to the bar and bring this thing full circle.
Please advise of what petition details are available for the citizens to participate in  RRiveter.
and thank you VietVet for showing a true spirit of change , that you are willing to implement with your own time.

Visit

aflatkey
aflatkey View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aflatkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 20 2014 at 10:27pm
just to continue on the same thread , dose any blogger know of a skilled web site writer that might be interested in developing a site that can produce some citizen data for correlation with this project ? in a day in age that phone apps and website traffic help steer many projects to success , it would be intuitive to use technology to identify citizens that would participate in the process.

Visit

aflatkey
aflatkey View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aflatkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 22 2014 at 8:39pm
if you wonder where the bloogers went just check here

http://www.middletownusa.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=5692&title=true-costs-of-the-mcsc-school-levy

aflatkey
aflatkey View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aflatkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 23 2014 at 2:52pm
SLAY THE BEAST !! ( public education ) while you say it wont move the people in columbus to protest vote your bond / levy , there is a movement to privatize public education.
http://www.ohio.com/news/charter-school-advocate-wants-to-strip-requirement-for-public-schools-from-ohio-constitution-1.480752
 To only get .50 value out of every dollar spent threw the implementation of  public school fund distribution by the OSFC with no oversight or audit or fair bidding process is like condoning a heroin addict  in there abuse of themselves and providing funds for their eventual death.  I say send the OSFC to rehab were they can learn how to be fair in bidding and learn how to be accountable to the auditor of the governments choosing, and to vote as a coalition not let one man implement his will. For the OSFC to continue favoritism is like writing a blank check to the contractors that they prefer threw relationships with our politicians. thease claims are factual as stated in the newspaper postings i have contributed to this blog. Denial is not a river in Egypt ,its your unwillingness to accept reality.

SLAY THE BEAST !! STATE WIDE !! AND MAKE OUR POLITICIANS LEGISLATE A FAIR , MODERN , EDUCATIONAL SYSTEM WITH EQUAL OPPORTUNITY FOR ALL DISTRICTS IN THE FUNDING PROCESS.
START NOW, OR CONTINUE TO THROW MONEY IN THE TOILET. DON'T WORRY THE GOVERNMENT CONTRACTOR HAS A CATCH BASIN AT THE END OF THE SEWER PIPE !!!  LOL !!

Visit

aflatkey
aflatkey View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aflatkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 24 2014 at 9:11am
a repetative post helps reinforce the information availabble to all bloogers,

Richard Saunders ,  if what you said  "The real fact of the matter is that, like the present Vail location, the Verity location is unacceptable to the school administration shot-callers because of the "neighborhood" is correct that particular view by the school board goes against the revitalization of down town middletown. We all know what a hot topic re vitalization of down town is. there are many who rally behind the idea and many who think it is fruitless. Consider this
have you supported the new UDF downtown by getting gas or ice cream ? Do you think it has improved part of the down town area ? For the school board to think, if in fact it is true they can by statistical analysis desert poor  residential areas of the district they serve just because of the quote "view of the surrounding blight" shows a discriminatory practice in my view. They should in fact get on board and consider spending, if approved, tax dollars collected to help revitalize a community that is a serious consideration for the redevelopment of improved neighborhoods in down town middletown. For them to abandon a neighborhood is proof alone that not all the powers of city government are on the same page in efforts to revitalize down town. if they abandon the neighborhood and merely say "we can bus that population to the new location" it reflects a intolerance by the school board of  the  basic reality's of economic and social demographics in our society.  To think that there is no one that can see the idea that  the school board is willing to educate the poor on the good side of town but not in a impoverished  neighborhood is to selectively abandon  the support of poor neighborhoods. Part of revitalization of any community would be to reinvest in the schools in that geographic location. They did it down on RT 4 a few years ago. if you travel out of town , south on route 4 you see a new helath center and a new school right in the middle of a  middle class and poor neighborhood. this random philosophy by the school board if true is not in the better interest of the redevelopment of the down town district of middletown.  so !!!

Visit

aflatkey
Iron Man View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Iron Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 25 2014 at 10:11pm
The word "oldest" is always used as a positive term in advertising. Funny campaign language our brilliant school board chose to use.
wannaknow View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote wannaknow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: Apr 28 2014 at 2:40pm
The highest rated school in Middletown has a "C" rating, the highest. We have lots of shiny new buildings so why do we still have such bad scores. Will one more new building help that??
aflatkey View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aflatkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2014 at 11:26pm

Fellow blogers,

In a day in age where voters help with the implementation of social and economic policies in our communities it has been a interesting turn of events with the vote for the school bond / levy.

As many of you know politicians or elected officers of government that run for office have a funding mechanism for the implementation of their seat in office. It is threw the associated funding of each candidate or incumbent that the politician makes his plight to get constituents to vote for them so they can win the election.

This basic principal of funding candidates goes back in history, with all kinds of different opinions and results from the funding. Many voters take this repetitive behavior by the candidates as part of the democratic process.

The true deception is that on issues such as the bond / levy  voters allow  the pro levy people to fund raise  and advertise while the minority gets no financial support to share their view. This is a discriminatory practice. While the bond issue seems to have passed, I will be vacating my residence in this community as a imbalance by the ones with money will impose there will on people who are less fortunate in financial matters. I encourage any one to move out of a community that dose not give equal and fair notice to all voters on issues with out using money to propagate election results. Im sure some of you are laffing , and that’s fine you will be laffing alone as more , and more people vacate this city.

aflatkey
Mike_Presta View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mike_Presta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 06 2014 at 11:30pm
Issue 3 (The school building levy) appears to have passed by the slimmest of margins--21 votes!!!

With all precincts (including those in Warren County) reporting: 2,918 FOR;  2,897 AGAINST

Note:  This slim margin will trigger an automatic recount.
“Mulligan said he ... doesn’t believe they necessarily make the return on investment necessary to keep funding them.” …The Middletown Journal, January 30, 2012
Iron Man View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Iron Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2014 at 12:50am
The political campaign party held in the public's governmental facilities.

chmoore1 View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote chmoore1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2014 at 1:45am
2,918 plus 2,897 equals 5,815, times .5% equals 29 votes. If the figures aren't changed by the provisional votes outstanding, a recount will occur. However, since these are electronic votes, the count should be accurate. just 1chmoore.
acclaro View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acclaro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2014 at 12:08pm
MUM kids that pay no taxes, provided 28% of the votes to pass this levy. Give a round of applause for Bill Becker getting a sabbatical for Dean Kelly Cowan, a professor of microbiology, to take a year from teaching to be paid to be a political vote lobbyist for MUM. I also have received a call from someone very close to the BOE, many young adults with families living in Middletown, voted, using their parents address. That is alleged to be in excess of 200 votes.

Add to this the senior citizen levy getting passed, the fire men and police getting support, and the reality is, since 2000, all city council and city leaders have done, is put the voting blocks in place, including Dr. Cowan, to pass senseless levies, raising taxes, and putting Middletown's values deeper in the hole. Taking $1.5 Mm out of the local economy is mindless.

Next, there will be the school levy for raises and to rectify the negative financial situation of MCSD, the elevation of city tax to 2.25%, they think they have it figured out, and a continued pattern of waste and incompetence, without performance gain.

This is what your council and city leadership have been doing for 15 years, building voting blocks. Better get the For Sale sign up before interest rates rise and the next levies hit.

A city with no organized opposition was within 20 votes of this failing. Less than 40% of property owners are paying for this expense. How appalling 28% of the yes vote, came from MUM kids paying nothing.

Ison must have just finished with a late evening sail....fresh off his boat, no socks, and top siders. He can't wait for the lakefront cash to be put into the river downtown.

Complacency and ignorance has tight tentacles in Middletown. Add a dose of corruption, disregard for law, and you have a most undesirable area for a residential abode.

The good news? Property tax appeals next year wiping out any and all increase for taxes. That's why I left 4 no votes on the sideline yesterday, to let others run math analysis on waste, with no payback. Thank Dr. Cowan the next time you are at MUM, and the two board members employed there, and former residents from the 4-6 children families, that helped at the ballot box, with absolute no ties to Middletown.     

Yesterday confirmed why Breihel bolted, and other top residents. Either put in organized descent, or get ready to eat many, many pizza taxes that pass. This was all orchestrated with your council, MMF, and city leadership.   

'An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.' - Winston Churchill
processor View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote processor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2014 at 1:02pm
Acclaro,
Just one point of fact. The levy was for a fixed dollar amount and not for a millage. If you're successful getting your property reappraised for a lower value, your taxes may go down but others will go up in order to get the whole dollar amount. If everyone appeals and wins their reevaluation, no ones taxes, for this levy, will go down.
processor View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote processor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2014 at 1:03pm
I just looked at the picture. Ison is the one with the tie on with the purple shirt.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 9101112>
  Share Topic