Middletown Ohio

Find us on
 Google+ and Facebook

Home | Yearly News Archive | Advertisers | Blog | Contact Us
Thursday, March 28, 2024
FORUM CITY SCHOOLS COMMUNITY
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Help Replace One of Ohio's Oldest Schools?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 101112
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 5.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
acclaro View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acclaro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2014 at 1:14pm
processor, that information makes it more compelling for others, including businesses, to reevaluate Middletown and costs. One can't blame John Ventruella, former Board member, for leaving their building on Breihel, knowing what was on the horizon.

'An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.' - Winston Churchill
acclaro View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acclaro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2014 at 1:28pm
Sorry processor...Sauter in the Sperry's.

Raising taxes in a city like Middletown just drives everyone out. But that's the goal, 25.000. They are on their way.

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/clinging-to-the-american-dream-in-middletown-ohio/
'An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile, hoping it will eat him last.' - Winston Churchill
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2014 at 1:51pm
"I also have received a call from someone very close to the BOE, many young adults with families living in Middletown, voted, using their parents address. That is alleged to be in excess of 200 votes"

Illegal votes from those living outside the district? If so, worth notifying the Board of Elections perhaps? Has the potential of changing the outcome if 200+.
I'm so proud of my hometown and what it has become. Recall 'em all. Let's start over.
acclaro View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acclaro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2014 at 2:06pm
Discussions by another party with Chris Finney, top attorney in Cincinnati, that rolled Jean Schmidt, Congresswoman, for over $1,000,000 for campaign wrongdoing. Finney doesn't like municipalities that play unfairly, so I am told. 
over the hill View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote over the hill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2014 at 2:21pm
Well maybe someone might want to give him a call. He might have fun unraveling the illegal and corrupt running of our city by a few who seek to control things at any cost as long as it's not their money.
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2014 at 2:28pm
Originally posted by acclaro acclaro wrote:

Discussions by another party with Chris Finney, top attorney in Cincinnati, that rolled Jean Schmidt, Congresswoman, for over $1,000,000 for campaign wrongdoing. Finney doesn't like municipalities that play unfairly, so I am told. 

Sounds like we need to invite Mr. Finney to Middletown, the poster city for unfair play , present him the facts on multiple fronts from money handling/voodoo finances/money used for other intentions to property transactions/favoritism to election suspicions to HUD indiscretions to secret agendas and the players who have participated and let him determine the direction.
I'm so proud of my hometown and what it has become. Recall 'em all. Let's start over.
over the hill View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote over the hill Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2014 at 3:24pm
Right on,V V
processor View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote processor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2014 at 3:57pm
Acclaro,
My understanding is that Clark Schaeffer left because they wanted to combine their Dayton and Middletown offices and Austin Pike was the mid point. It didn't hurt that it was also a nice location. They weren't running from Middletown.
Observer View Drop Down
MUSA Immigrant
MUSA Immigrant

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Observer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2014 at 4:04pm
Aclaro,

Could you clarify something for me regarding the "I also have received a call from someone very close to the BOE, many young adults with families living in Middletown, voted, using their parents address" comment?  

The way i'm reading this is that many young adults with families (that are middletown residents) voted at an incorrect precinct?  Or maybe who you heard this from was trying to say that these young adults impersonated their parents?  They should have been asked for I.D. regardless and if their address or identification didn't match their voter registration their ballot would be considered a provisional.  I guess the other thing that could have occurred was college students living in oxford, columbus, dayton, cincy etc..came home to vote on election day.  If the college student situation is what's being described I don't see any issue because the parents address is, in most cases, still the legal residence.  
acclaro View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acclaro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2014 at 5:56pm
processor, the private conversations indicate the movement was more than a need for recruiting and mass consolidation. Same with AKS----they said it was they needed high speed access. They moved for brand protection, and elimination of rising taxes, including income.

Observer....I am aware college students away from home can vote locally absentee, as they are domiciled in Middletown, or the residence they plan to return. What I was given, in a rather reliable fashion, is the votes were from college graduates domiciled outside the state, with outside the state licenses (drivers), that were no longer living in Ohio, and voting absentee post college degree, in outside states from Ohio. 
acclaro View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acclaro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2014 at 6:11pm
Clarity: these are graduated college individuals now working out of state, domiciled out of state, with working careers and professions out of state, voting locally. I saw the list and recognized at least 33 now in Chicago, elsewhere.
aflatkey View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aflatkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 07 2014 at 10:53pm

Good evening fellow blogers,

Its your buddy aflatkey with a round of irrational and incoherent postings that some say

border on a communist or anarchist type of mentality.

Remember this  ??

“IM NOT A CROOK”  Quote from Richard Nixion

Richard was a eloquent speaker some might say , but in the end he had his day.

In todays political and voting issue related environment you all have seen some behavior that borders on the questionable ethics of the administrators and minions of the Pro  bond levy.

As blogers you all are opinionated and have perspective on many of the distasteful antics

that were implemented to corral this vote.

Lets go to medieval history for a minute.

The anvil - symbol of honor

An anvil is a basic tool, a block with a hard surface on which another object is struck. The block is as massive as it is practical, because the higher the inertia of the anvil, the more efficiently it causes the energy of the striking tool to be transferred to the work piece. In most cases the anvil is used as a forging tool. Because anvils are very ancient tools and were at one time very commonplace, they have acquired symbolic meaning beyond their use as utilitarian objects. Wagner's Der Ring des Nibelungen is notable in using the anvil as pitched percussion. The vast majority of extant works use the anvil as un pitched. However tuned anvils are available as musical instruments, albeit unusual. The symbol of the anvil borne on a shield or coat of arms indicates that the first bearer was a smith. It is rarely found as a charge on a shield. Saint Adrian (also known as Hadrian) or Adrian of Nicomedia was a Herculean Guard of the Roman Emperor Galerius Maximian. He was martyred by having his limbs pulled apart while his body was stretched over an anvil.

Do you feel as thought the pro bond / levy  lobby has  martyred your intelligence, compassion, and sence of honor as a tax paying citizen by pulling your wallet apart as they stretch it over the anvil of inequities in the voting process ?

Wake up and quit bloging time is short.

I e mailed the election board and this was their reply today.

Yes it’s a cut and paste.

Please find the attached document outlining recount procedures.  An automatic recount cannot be ordered until after the official count and certification.  The official count will take place no sooner than 11 days after the election.  The soonest we will run official numbers is Monday, May 19.  We expect the Board to certify results on Wednesday, May 21.  Warren County also will have to certify before the Secretary of State can order an automatic recount, which will then take place no sooner than 5 days after the order is made to permit time to provide written notice and no longer than 10 days after the recount is ordered.  The soonest a recount could be completed, then, is May 27, assuming Warren County follows the same schedule and the Secretary of State orders the recount promptly.

Please let us know if you have any other questions.

Jocelyn Bucaro

BucaroJA@butlercountyohio.org

Deputy Director, Butler County Board of Elections

513-887-7919

Now

there are ways to legally repeal land tax funding of public schools.

http://www.ohioconstitution.org/2012/05/07/westerville-taxpayers-move-to-repeal-march-tax-increase/

On May 7, 2012 taxpayers for Westerville Schools, with the representation of the 1851 Center,commenced circulation of an initiative petition to repeal the 6.71 mil tax increase narrowly approved in March after taxpayers defeated a similar measure at the November 2011 general election.

The Westerville effort marks the inaugural action of the 1851 Center in assisting taxpayers in using a previously obscure section of the Ohio Revised Code to lower their school district tax burdens, while forcing Ohio school districts to control spending and reign in labor costs rather than raising taxes.

this is only the beginning of what citizen taxpayers can do with in the law to raise awareness that school funding threw property tax is unconstitutional.

it is only rational thinking that gave our forefathers the idea that you could not have equal taxation with out equal representation.

the current  bureaucracy is tainted in many ways besides  the fact that it dose not “provide for a thorough and efficient system of common schools funded by the state threw contributions from all tax payers, not just tax paying land owners.

Check the web site

http://www.ohioconstitution.org/

if we are serious about change and just don’t want to  blog  to feel good, lets get off  this

web site and start the petition process as a groop of concerned citizens for our constitutional rights and freedoms.  Call me , identify your self and leave a number .

I am willing to fight back like they did in Westerville.  513-464-1182 – I can’t do it alone.

and that's the rest of the story , good day ( Paul Harvey 1946)
aflatkey
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2014 at 6:24am
acclaro. you, are a star!!!

Journal story...

Little organized opposition to school tax issues

A lower that expected voter turnout in Tuesday’s primary election might have helped tax issues in Butler and Warren counties win at the polls, but the lack of any organized opposition to the measures likely played a part, too, observers say.

While school bond issues in Fairfield and Middletown and an operating levy in Franklin had their fair share of anti-tax foes, the opposition in those communities never coalesced into any visible, organized campaigns against those tax issues.

Judy Abbott, who worked with the committee supporting the passage of Fairfield City Schools $61 million bond issue, said she would hear negative comments almost daily about the tax issue, everywhere from the hair salon to the grocery store. She said senior citizens and “lots of teachers” in the district were against the tax issue, which would allow the district to build three new schools, and had no qualms about voicing their opinions.

But no committee against the bond issue was ever formed and anti-tax campaign signs were nonexistent around town, she said.

“If they would have had a committee, put some funding behind it and got out there and really fought hard, I really think it would have gone under,” Abbott said of the bond issue, which passed by almost 1,900 votes. “A lot of people figured it would lose again. It lost by 30-something votes in November, and they figured it would lose by a lot more this time.”

Abbott said she’s at a loss to explain why no organized opposition emerged, but offered that finances could be one reason.

“Those signs that go out in yards are not cheap,” she said.

Ann Mort, a former Middletown council member and publicist who has worked with numerous political campaigns locally, had another explanation for the lack of organized opposition to Middletown City School’s $55 million bond issue.

“Maybe folks don’t have the time. It’s hard enough to get people to work the polls and campaign in support of something,” she said. “It’s also not socially acceptable to organize for negative things.” (YEAH, BUT IT'S A HECK OF ALOT OF FUN....AND WHEN DID YOU BECOME THE PURVEYOR OF WHAT IS SOCIALLY ACCEPTABLE?

The Rev. Lamar Ferrell, pastor at Berachah Baptist Church and a member of the district’s levy campaign, agreed. He said those against a levy may want to remain anonymous because they don’t want to be vocal against “something that is helping.”

WHAT IS HELPING REVEREND? SURELY YOU ARE NOT REFERRING TO THE SCHOOLS.

Middletown schools’ bond issue, which would allow the district to build a new middle school and renovate its high school, passed by a slim margin of 18 votes, (NOT SO FAST) according to unofficial results from the Butler and Warren county boards of elections. But those results could change after 67 provisional and absentee ballots are counted.

Mort acknowledged there are “pockets” of those against levies, but rarely are they organized. She said they typically meet over coffee to discuss the issues, and they don’t make those issues public. Mort said they opponents also have other outlets such as blogs and message boards to get their opinions across.

"POCKETS" AGAINST LEVIES? ON THIS ONE MORT, THE OPPOSITION HAS AS MANY IN NUMBERS AS YOUR LITTLE PRO-LEVY GROUP DOES. NOT POCKETS. MORE LIKE HALF THE VOTER POPULATION ARE OPPOSED. AND YEAH, WE MAKE OUR OPPOSITION ISSUES PUBLIC.....RIGHT HERE.

MiddletownUSA.com, a local message board, is one such outlet. One member of the site with the username, “acclaro,” posted a message voicing his disappointment with the lack of organized opposition to tax issues in Middletown.

“In my 25 + years in Middletown, not once have I seen any organized, funded, and strategic effort to defeat an issue on a levy, school board member, or council seat,” the post reads. “While I believe the levy results will narrowly defeat the passage of the school levy by a slim margin, with several ballots being thrown out, even a degree of minor organization and funding would have easily defeated it. …for absolutely no organized voice of descent to participate in Middletown elections in greater than two generations is a disgrace and plainly ignorant.”

However, a group of Middletown residents did start a grassroots effort to defeat the bond issue — known as Issue 3 on the May 6 ballot. The anti-levy group created a Facebook page — Middletown-Ohio-Vote-No-On-Issue-3 — and put up at least one sign on the site of the former Roosevelt Elementary School on Central Avenue.

But at least for now, that doesn’t seem to have been enough to prevent the tax measure from passing.

Mark Kerns, a member of the committee supporting the passage of Issue 3, said having no organized opposition isn’t necessarily a good thing all the time.

“Sometimes it makes it difficult to know how to organize and plan out your (pro-levy) campaign,” Kerns said. “If you are in a battle and you can see the enemy, it’s much easier. Without knowing who they are, it’s much more difficult.”

Phillip Russo, Jr., a political science professor at Miami University in Oxford, said in the past local issues, particularly school levies, were very high intensity and driven to high stakes plateaus.

“To some degree there is some fatigue among voters in general that these things are so high stakes and that they require this kind of commitment,” Russo said. “We know that at the end of the day, when services start to degrade that citizens look immediately to their local governments.

“Voters recognize that their services are critical, that they consume them on a regular basis, that they are key to economic development and quality of life, and they are not free,” he said. “Sometimes that means supporting a bond issue.”

PRO-LEVY FOLKS, YOU HAVEN'T WON AS YET. WE'RE 18 DOWN BUT 67 MORE TO COUNT.

THE "ENEMY" (AS MARK KERNS STATES ABOVE) READS OUR POSTS.   
Marcia Andrew View Drop Down
MUSA Citizen
MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Marcia Andrew Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2014 at 11:03am
Acclaro, you may want to check the accuracy of your source(s).

Kelly Cowan is not on sabbatical.  She is teaching this semester.  To my knowledge, she was not actively involved in the Vote Yes on 3 campaign.

One member of the school board works part time at MUM. Not two. I fail to see how it is a bad thing for a school board member to have a job in education, btw.

On what do your base your statement that 28% of yes vote came from MUM students?  This is not information that is collected by the Board of Elections.  There is a polling location at MUM; this is where certain precincts vote, some may be MUM students but most not.

Also, not sure what list you are looking at that supposedly shows Middletown natives who have moved away, voting in this election.  I know from doing the door to door literature drops, the voter registration lists kept by the Butler County Board of Elections are not up to date, they contain many duplicate voters for the same address and some that I recognized as grown children of the parents who still reside at that address.  That does not mean that those people voted.  If they tried to vote, either in person or by absentee ballot, they would have to show a current ID with an address, which would invalidate those grown children you say have moved to Chicago and obtained Illinois drivers licenses.
acclaro View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acclaro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2014 at 1:02pm
Ms. Andrew, Dr. Cowan was very active in Middletown politics, speaking at city council meetings and was given title associated with partnering with the city after the consolidation of the mass regional Dean. Sabbatical was a metaphor. She cultivated, others slept. Shame on the sleepers.

Students- clearly they are cultivated to vote, and the numbers are closer to 30%, not 28%. A professor who is an expert at SAS statistical modeling ran the numbers. Without organization, the levies will continue to pass.

There are many peculiarities associated with Middletown that do not comport with the norm.  
Many.

aflatkey View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aflatkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2014 at 9:49pm
fellow blogers,

yes its Aflatkey again,

for this round of cut and paste i will paste emails that i sent to the board of elections and their reply's.
since  most of you probably read what i post I hope you enjoy it.

Board of elections Staff,  
Wednesday, May 7, 2014 7:51 AM

thanks for your reply last week with the references you have provided.
just for my better understanding, please advise.
Dose any citizen need to request this recount to include all provisional ballots and absentee ballots ect ?
is a recount automatic when the race is this close ?
my understanding from what information is on the web the results are as fallows

middletown city schools issue 3 bond levy

buttler county

FOR THE ISSUE                 2,819     50.45%    
AGAINST THE ISSUE         2,769     49.55%

warren county

For the Issue                     105   43.39%
Against the Issue                 137   56.61%

total votes for                      2924  50.15%
total votes against                2906  49.84%

difference is   18 votes

since there is less than 1 %  difference dose this look like there could be a recount ?
are the provisional ballots accounted for as of yet ?
will there be data on the provisional ballots ?
are there any votes that might of been cast that are not reflected in the numbers that are available on the web ?
do I have to submit a formal request in writing as a citizen to have the recount issue considered ?
any accurate information in reference to the above questions would be appreciated at this time.

thanks for your time and consideration,

Board of elections Staff, 
Sent: Saturday, May 10, 2014 8:28 PM

Also as a point of information , there has been story's of voter fraud in reference to college students that do not reside in this geographical location, but do have parents that reside in this voter district. It has been alleged that these students having residency on college campuses out of this voting district should disqualify their ability to vote at home. Or they might be voting in two locations.

can you give any specificity to the residency statue that would apply here ?

can you correlate with other board of elections on weather citizens that voted in this bond levy race only reside in this district ?

if there is a possibility of this being compromised in any way , what would be the correct procedure to authenticate that the votes in question are authentic in residency.??

do you as a board of elections run your registered voters name and address against a data base that can authenticate they only reside here ?

do you know the name of that data base or registry system?

thanks again for any information, it will help me in better understanding the complexities of the voting system.

reply from board of elections today

An automatic recount will not be determined until after the official count is completed and those results are certified by the Board of Elections in both Warren and Butler Counties.  The official count includes all the ballots counted on Election Day PLUS all valid absentee ballots postmarked by May 5 and received within 10 days after Election Day as well as all valid provisional ballots cast.  The Board will determine the validity of provisional ballots in a public meeting on Monday, May 19 at 9am.  At that point, the official count may begin.  If, at the end of the official count, the vote difference is less than one half of one percent, then an automatic recount will be ordered.  The recount will be conducted according to the procedures I sent you last week.  All ballots cast in the race will be included in the recount, including provisionals and absentees.

As for your questions regarding voter registration and eligibility of college students to vote, I would point you to the Ohio Revised Code 3503.02, which provides for residency requirements for voter registration:

All registrars and precinct election officials, in determining the residence of a person offering to register or vote, shall be governed by the following rules:

(A) That place shall be considered the residence of a person in which the person's habitation is fixed and to which, whenever the person is absent, the person has the intention of returning.

(B) A person shall not be considered to have lost the person's residence who leaves the person's home and goes into another state or county of this state, for temporary purposes only, with the intention of returning.

The Ohio Supreme Court has held that students may register to vote in the home precinct where their parents reside, if they intend to return there, or in the home precinct where they reside in college, so long as they reside there at least 30 days before an election.  No voter may register and vote in more than one location.  The Secretary of State maintains a statewide voter registration database.  When an Ohio voter moves to a new county and updates his/her registration address, the former county is notified via the Secretary of State database and the registration in the former county is canceled.  Similarly, we have procedures in which we are notified if a voter moves to a new state and may contact a voter who might have moved out of state to update their voter registration status in Ohio.

I hope this addresses your questions and concerns.

Jocelyn Bucaro
Deputy Director, Butler County Board of Elections
513-887-7919

So now the question is can any of you muster up the intestinal fortitude to ask for full disclosure of the records from the board of elections so a independant review can account for any inconsistancys in their records. In other words where and how can the public citizens authenticate these  board of elections records validity?
just because the board of elections states they have safeguards in place to stop voter fraud should we believe them with no independent review of the records by a third party ?

any thoughts , ideas , game plan , huddle,  ????????

come on  this is something that could help right ????

aflatkey
acclaro View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acclaro Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 12 2014 at 11:06pm
Many young professionals don't even bother with changing their permanent license when moving out of state for a few years, or vote in their new home state. So, if they are registered in-state, they ask for an absentee ballot, and vote, although not domiciled in Ohio. Unless they vote twice (Ohio and new state), it would be difficult to know they are outside the state permanently.

With your group, the immediate evaluation would be newly registered voters, within past year to 2-3 months, that never voted, and were not living in Middletown. The BOE can provide this data. You'd want to determine if the voters were actually registered locally by using an aunt, uncle, or more distant address.

I had heard Chris Finney, a Cincinnati attorney had been contacted by your group. He can guide you on your journey.  Good luck.   
spiderjohn View Drop Down
Prominent MUSA Citizen
Prominent MUSA Citizen

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote spiderjohn Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 13 2014 at 7:51am
well well
MUSA makes the front page of the local newspaper!
with acclaro being a well-deserved spokesperson!
Actually many well-written pieces have graced this forum on both sides of MANY topics, with quite a few others also deserving imo.

This forum matters--believe me--and it is mattering more now than ever before. Great job here!
aflatkey View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote aflatkey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 16 2014 at 8:07am
point of interest  /  old news ?

i heard a story of a parcel of property that was towards  the end of briel blvd , that either the city bought or was included in a past  bond / levy  funding process. the purpose at the time of acquisition was to build a new high school. After a period of time  the land was sold and a high end  residential area is located their now.  Can any one on this blog bring any information forward about this property ? if it was sold are there any records of what was done with the money ?
any specificity to the property in question would be helpful in regards to expanding the knowledge of the continued process by the BOE and the city in regards to tax moneys collected and spent.

aflatkey
VietVet View Drop Down
MUSA Council
MUSA Council

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VietVet Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 16 2014 at 10:51am
Originally posted by aflatkey aflatkey wrote:

point of interest  /  old news ?

i heard a story of a parcel of property that was towards  the end of briel blvd , that either the city bought or was included in a past  bond / levy  funding process. the purpose at the time of acquisition was to build a new high school. After a period of time  the land was sold and a high end  residential area is located their now.  Can any one on this blog bring any information forward about this property ? if it was sold are there any records of what was done with the money ?
any specificity to the property in question would be helpful in regards to expanding the knowledge of the continued process by the BOE and the city in regards to tax moneys collected and spent.

<font face="Times New Roman" size="3"><span style="COLOR: black">                            and that's the rest of the story , good day ( Paul Harvey 1946)</span>

THERE IS AN ENTRY ON THIS FORUM TITLED "MIDDLETOWN DISPUTE-LAND GRAB DISPUTE WITH FRANKLIN" FROM 2008 IN THE SCHOOLS SECTION. CHECK THE MIDDLETOWN JOURNAL ARCHIVES AROUND SEPT.16, 2007. MAY BE A STORY THERE ADDRESSING THE LAND PURCHASE FOR THE HIGH SCHOOL.

processor View Drop Down
MUSA Resident
MUSA Resident

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote processor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: May 16 2014 at 12:03pm
This may be a remnant of one of the first facility plans. The idea was to build the new high school, including a stadium, on the Verity property. To do this the district needed more land. They either purchased the park around Verity school, or would need to purchase the land, (I don't recall which).

The facility plan was later modified, to keep the cost as low as possible, to rehabilitate the current high school, build the middle school on the high school site, and keep Barnitz stadium.

To my knowledge Verity has not been sold.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 101112
  Share Topic